- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Adopting C4.5 classification and it's Application for Deinterlacing
디인터레이싱을 위한 C4.5 분류화 기법의 적용 및 구현
- Kim, Donghyung (Dept. of Computer Science & Information Systems, Hanyang Women's Univ.)
- 김동형 (한양여자대학교 컴퓨터정보과)
- Received : 2016.11.01
- Accepted : 2017.01.06
- Published : 2017.01.31
Deinterlacing is a method to convert interlaced video, including two fields (even and odd), to progressive video. It can be divided into spatial and temporal methods. The deinterlacing method in the spatial domain can easily be hardware-implemented, but yields image degradation if information about the deinterlaced pixel does not exist in the same field. On the other hand, the method in the temporal domain yields a deinterlaced image with higher quality but uses more memory, and hardware implementation is more difficult. Furthermore, the deinterlacing method in the temporal domain degrades image quality when motion is not estimated properly. The proposed method is for deinterlacing in the spatial domain. It uses several deinterlacing methods according to statistical characteristics in neighboring pixel locations. In this procedure, the proposed method uses the C4.5 algorithm, a typical classification algorithm based on entropy for choosing optimal methods from among the candidates. The simulation results show that the proposed algorithm outperforms previous deinterlacing methods in terms of objective and subjective image quality.
Supported by : 한양여자대학교
- S. Sreekanth, G. R. S. Reddy, and D. L. Kumari, "A survey on deinterlacing algorithms", Int. Journal of Advances in Science and Technology, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 8-18, Jan. 2011.
- S. H. Keller, F. Lauze, and M. Nielsen, "Deinterlacing using variational methods", IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 2015-2028, Nov. 2008. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2008.2003394 https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2008.2003394
- C. J. Kuo, C. Liao, and C. C. Lin, "Adaptive interpolation technique for scanning rate conversion", IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 317-321, Jun. 1996. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/76.499841 https://doi.org/10.1109/76.499841
- T. Chen, H. R. Wu, and Z. H. Yu, "Efficient deinterlacing algorithm using edge-based line average interpolation", SPIE Optical Engineering, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 2101-2105, Aug. 2000. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1117/1.1305262 https://doi.org/10.1117/1.1305262
- H. Yoo and J. Jeong, "Direction-oriented interpolation and its application to de-interlacing", IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 48, no. 954, pp. 954-962, Nov. 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2003.1196426
- D. Kim, "Spatio-Temporal Deinterlacing Method using Edge Direction and Horizontal Motion", Journal of Advanced Information Technology and Convergence, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 33-41, Mar. 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14801/jkiit.2015.13.3.33
- A. Almog, A. Levi, and A. Bruckstein, "Spatial de-interlacing using dynamic time warping," in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Image Processing. ieeexplore.ieee.org, pp. 1010-1013, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICIP.2005.1530229
- T. Brox, A. Bruhn, N. Papenberg, and J. Weickert, "High Accuracy Optical Flow Estimation Based on a Theory for Warping," in Proceedings of the 8th European Conference on Computer Vision, T. Pajdla and J. Matas, Eds., vol. 4. Prague, Czech Republic: Springer-Verlag, pp. 25-36, 2004. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-24673-2_3
- O. O. Adeyemo and T.O. Adeyeye, "Comparative Study of ID3/C4.5 Decision tree and Multilayer Perceptron Algorithms for the Prediction of Typhoid Fever", IEEE African Journal of Computing & ICT, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 103-112, Mar. 2015.
- Z. Xiang and L. Zhang, "Research on an Optimized C4.5 Algorithm Based on Rough Set Theory," International Conference on Management of e-Commerce and e-Government, pp. 272-274, Oct. 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/icmecg.2012.74