- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Design of a Pot-Shaped Monopole Antenna with Dual Band Notched Characteristics for UWB Application
- Mok, Kwang Yun (Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Kyungnam University) ;
- Rhee, Young Chul (Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Kyungnam University) ;
- Yoon, Joong Han (Department of Electronics Engineering, Silla University)
- Received : 2016.11.17
- Accepted : 2017.01.23
- Published : 2017.01.31
A compact planar microstrip-fed ultra-wideband (UWB) antenna with a dual band-notched for UWB application is presented and analyzed. By inserting a U-shaped slot and inverted U-shaped slot into the pot-shaped radiator, two notched bands are achieved. By optimizing the width and length of the U-shaped slots and inverted U-shaped slot, a desired bandwidth of voltage standing wave ratio (VSWR) less than 2.0 can be achieved, ranging from UWB bands with notched dual bands. The proposed antenna is fabricated on an inexpensive FR-4 substrate with overall dimensions of
Dual Band Notched;Pot-Shaped Model;U-Shaped Slot and Inverted U-Shaped Slot;UWB Application
Supported by : Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology (MEST), National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- Federal Communications Commission, "Revision of Part 15 of commission's rule regarding UWB transmission system," Federal Communications Commission, Washington, DC, FCC 02-48, 2002.
- Z. N. Chen, "Development of ultra-wideband antennas," Journal of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 63-72, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5515/JKIEES.2013.13.2.63
- H. Schantz, The Art and Science of Ultrawideband Antennas. Norwood: MA, Artech House, 2005.
- H. Arslan, Z. N. Chen, and M. G. Di Benedetto, Ultra-Wideband Wireless Communication. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2006.
- M. Razavi-Rad, C. Ghobadi, J. Nourinia, and R. Zaker, "A small printed ultra-wideband ploygon-like wide slot antenna with a fork-like stub," Microwave Journal, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 118-126, 2010.
- C. Y. Liu, Y. S. Li, T. Jang, and X. D. Yang, "Compact CPW-fed UWB antenna with a notched band characteristic," Microwave Journal, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 104-112, 2011.
- M. Mehranpour, J. Nourinia, C. Ghobadi, and M. Ojaroudi, "Dual band notched square monopole antenna for ultrawideband applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 11, pp. 172-175, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2012.2186552
- K. P. Ray, S. S. Thakur, and A. A. Deshmukh, "Slot cut printed elliptical UWB monopole antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 631-635, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.28134
- K. M. Hanapi, S. K. Abdul Rahim, B. M. Saad, A. Rani, M. Subri, and M. Z. Abd Aziz, "An elliptically planar UWB monopole antenna with step slots defective ground structure," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 2084-2088, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.28530
- S. Tripathi, A. Mohan, and S. Yadav, "A compact UWB antenna with dual 3.5/5.5 GHz band-notched characteristics," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 551-556, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.28893
- G. P. Gao, L. He, B. Hu, and X. Cong, "Novel dual band-notched UWB antenna with T-shaped slot and CSRR structure," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 1584-1590, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.29175
- H. Li, L. Kang, D. W. Mi, and Y. Z. Yin, "Simple dual band-notched UWB antenna loaded with single Ushaped resonator," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 57, no. 9, pp. 2129-2134, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.29283
- Y. Jin, J. Tak, and J. Choi, "Quadruple band-notched trapezoid UWB antenna with reduced gains in notch bands," Journal of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 35-43, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5515/JKIEES.2016.16.1.35
- A. Subbarao and S. Raghavan, "A novel pot shaped CPW-fed slot antenna for ultra wideband applications," in Proceedings of 2011 International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electrical and Computer Technology (ICETECT), Nagercoil, India, 2011, pp. 1119-1122.
- A. Subbarao and S. Raghavan, "A miniaturized ultra wideband slot antenna with band notched characteristic," International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 278-283, 2011.
- Transparent dual-band monopole antenna using a μ-metal mesh on the rear glass of an automobile for frequency modulation/digital media broadcasting service receiving pp.08952477, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.31567
- Design of a compact elliptical slot printed UWB antenna with band-notched characteristic pp.2168-1732, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/21681724.2018.1525766
- Review of Recent Phased Arrays for Millimeter-Wave Wireless Communication vol.18, pp.10, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/s18103194
- Design of a Bidirectional Antenna inside a Vehicle and Measurement of Power Link for Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication at 5.8 GHz vol.2018, pp.1687-5877, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/6306273