- Volume 22 Issue 1
Internet Banking Offers Major Advantages for Both Banks and Customers. However, Not All People have equal Access or Skills to use such Services. The Main Objective of this Study is to Understand the Fctors Influencing Internet Banking Usage we Developed a Research Model Drawing from the UTAUT and Digital Divide Research. The Model was Tested and find more than 90% of Variance of Internet Banking Usage was Explained by the Model. Results Demonstrate that the Strongest Factor Influencing the Intention to adopt Internet Banking Services is the Degree to which an Individual Believes that it is Safe to use such Services. In the Paper, all the Hypotheses Except for the Hypothesis on the Effort Expectation are Accepted with Statistical Significance.
- Yoo, W and H, Noh, "Determinants of Suicide Rates : A Cross-Country Panel Analysis," Journal of korean economic Studies, Vol. 18, pp. 59-78, 2007.
- Min, Y, “The Digital Divide among Internet Users : An Analysis of Digital Access, Literacy, and Participation,” Journal of Communication Research, Vol. 48, No. 1, pp. 150-187, 2011. https://doi.org/10.22174/jcr.2011.48.1.150
- Yang, J, H, Ahn and W, Park, “The Effect of Perceived Risk on the Intention to Adopt. Mobile Banking Services,” Journal of Technology Innovation, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 183-203, 2006.
- Yoo, S, Y, Kim and B, Kwon, "A Study of Factors Influencing Ubiquitous Computing Service Acceptance". Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 13, No. 2, 2008, pp. 117-147
- Oh, C, “Factors of Internet Service Acceptance: A Revaluation of UTAUT Model,” Korea Business review, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 55-79, 2010.
- Oh,S, “The Relationship among Perceived Usefulness, Satisfaction, and Continuance Use Intention on Mobile Banking User : The Moderating Effects of Need for Cognition and Cognitive Dissonance,” The Journal of Internet Electronics Commerce Research, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 95-112, 2015.
- Cho, W and Y, Hwang, “Determinants of Internet Banking Usage Behavior : Applying Theory of Planned Behavior,” Korea Business Review, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 1225-1249, 2001.
- Lee, D and H, Ahn, “Consumer Adoption and Satisfaction with E-Commerce: A Cross-Country Study,” Asia Pacific journal of Information system, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 1-21, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2575.2001.011001001.x
- Lee, C, H, Chung and S, Lee, “A Comparative Analysis on the Usage of Internet Banking Users in Korea and China: Based on the UTAUT Theory,” The Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 191-212, 2002.
- Davis, F. D, "Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use, and User Acceptance of Information Technology" MIS Quarterly, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 319-339, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- Efron, B, "Bootstrap Methods: Another Look at the Jackknife", The Annals of Statistics, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 1-26, 1979 https://doi.org/10.1214/aos/1176344552
- Fishbein, M., "Attitude and the Prediction of Behaviour". Fishbein, M. (Ed.), Readings in Attitude Theory and Measurement. New York, Wiley, pp. 477-492, 1967.
- Gerrard, P. and Cunningham, J. and Devlin, J, "Why Consumers are Not Using Internet Banking," Journal of Services Marketing, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp.1-14, 2006.
- Hair, Jr., J. F., Anderson, R. E., Tatham, R. L., and Black, W, Multivariate Data Analysis (5th ed.). Macmillan Publishing Company. New York, 1998.
- Marcoulides, A. and Chin, W. and Saunders, C, “A Critical Look at Partial Least Squares Modeling,” MIS Quarterly, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 171-175, 2009. https://doi.org/10.2307/20650283
- Polatoglu, V and Ekin, S "An Empirical Investigation of the Turkish Consumers' Acceptance of Internet Banking Services", International Journal of Banking Marketing, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 156-165, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1108/02652320110392527
- Roger, E. M, Diffusion of Innovations, Collier macmillan Publishers, London, 1983.
- Shin, Y and Fang, K., “The Use of a Decomposed Theory of Planned Behavior to Study Internet Banking,” Internet Research, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 213-223, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1108/10662240410542643
- Tan, M and Teo, T., “Factors Influencing the Adoption of Internet Banking,” Journal of the AIS, Vol. 1, No. 5, pp. 1-42, 2000.
- Taylor, S and Todd, P, "Understanding Information Technology Usage: A test of Competing Models", Information System research, Vol. 6, pp. 144-176, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.6.2.144
- Trocchia, P and Janda, S, "A Phenomenological Investigation of Internet Usage among Older Individuals", Journal of Consumer Marketing, Vol. 17 Iss: 7, pp.605-616, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760010357804
- Venkatesh, V. and Morris, M.G. and Davis, G. and Davis, F, “User Acceptance of Information Technology: Toward a Unified View,” MIS Quarterly, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 425-478, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2307/30036540
- Chun, H, H, Yoon, A, Song and G, Kim, "The Effect of Service Quality of Internet Banking Site and Characteristic of Internet User on Customer Loyalty," The Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 14, No. 1, 197-226, 2005.
- Abu-Shanab, E. and Pearson, M, “Internet Banking in Jordan: The Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology (UTAUT) Perspective,” Journal of Systems and Information Technology, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 78–97, 2000.
- Agarwal, R and Karahanna, E, “Time Flies When You’re having Fun: Cognitive Absorption and Beliefs about Information Technology Usage,” MIS Quarterly, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 665-694, 2000. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250951
- Agerwal, R. and Animesh A. and Prasad, K., “Social Interactions and the "Digital Divide": Explaining Variations in Internet Use,” Information Systems Research, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 277-294, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.1080.0194
- Ajzen, I. From Intentions to Actions: A Theory of Planned Behavior. In J. Kuhl & J. Beckman (Eds.), Action-control: From Cognition to Behavior. Heidelberg: Springer, 1985.
- Ajzen, I. "Perceived Behavioral Control, Self-Efficacy, Locus of Control, and the Theory of Planned Behavior". Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 32, 665-683, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.2002.tb00236.x
- Bandyopadhyay, K and Fraccastoro, K, "The Effect of Culture on User Acceptance of Information Technology", Communications of the Association for Information Systems: Vol. 19, Article 23. pp. 1-23, 2007.
- Barclay, D., Thompson, R., and Higgins, C, "The Partial Least Squares (PLS) Approach to Causal Modeling: Personal Computer Adoption and Use an Illustration," Technology Studies (2:2), pp. 285-309, 1995.
- Bradley, L. and Stewart, K, “Delphi Study of Internet Banking,” Marketing Intelligence and Planning, Vol. 21, No. 5, pp. 272-281, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1108/02634500310490229
- Chin, W. The Partial Least Squares Approach for Sstructural Equation Modeling. in G. A. Marcoulides (Ed.), Modern Methods for Business Research. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. 1998.
- Cuevas, J., "The Internet Banking Horizon: Bleak or Bright for Community Banks?" Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 214-238, 1998.
- Wang, Y. and Wang, Y. and Lin, H. and Tang, I., "Determinants of User Acceptance of Internet Banking: An Empirical Study", International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 501-519, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564230310500192
- White, H. and Nteli, F, "Internet Banking in the UK: Why are There Not More Customers?," Journal of Financial Services Marketing, Vol. 9, pp. 49-57, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.fsm.4770140
- Yi, M.Y., and Davis, F, "Developingand Validatingan Observational Learning Model of Computer Software Training and Skill Acquisition". Information Systems Research, 14, 146-169, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.18.104.22.16816
- Yu, C., “Factors Affecting Individuals to Adopt Mobile Banking,” Journal of Electronics Commerce Research, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 104-121, 2012.
- Zhou, T., Lu, Y and Wang, E., “Integrating TTF and UTAUT to Explain Mobile Banking User Adoption,” Computers in Human Behavior, 2010, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 760-767, 2010.