- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A study on the multi-group analysis of Sasang constitution types on the relationship between university life stress and mental health
대학생활스트레스와 정신건강의 영향관계에 대한 사상체질 간 다집단 분석
- Lee, Yu-Ri (Dept. of Social Welfare, Nambu University) ;
- Park, Jeong-Sook (Dept. of Nursing, Nambu University)
- Received : 2016.11.30
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
The purpose of this study aimed to analyze the difference of the Sasang constitution type in the relationship between university life stress and mental stress. The data were collected by a self-reported questionnaire from 389 university students and 389 students were classified by QSCC II.(136 So-Eum, 139 So-Yang, 114 Tae-Eum). Multi-group analysis was performed to analyze the differences in the effects of university life stress on mental health according to the type of sasang constitution. Multi-group analysis was performed to analyze the differences in the effects of university life stress on mental health according to the type of sasang constitution. According to multi-group analysis, there were statistically significant differences in the effects of university life stress on mental health across So-Eum-So-Yang, Tae-Eum-So-Yang. Based on these results, a differentiated intervention plan suitable for sasang constitution was proposed.
Sasang constitution;QSCC II;University life stress;Mental health;Multi-group analysis;Structural Equation Modeling
- Folkman, S, "Personal control and stress and coping processes: a theoretical analysis", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 46, No. 4, pp. 839-852, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1249
- I. H. Kim, "Exercise therapy and mental health for stress management", The Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp.328-343, 2000.
- K. S. Park, H. K. Kim, "Eating habit of women's college students by Sasang constitutional medicine", Journal of Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp.302-307, 2003. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.2.302
- H. Chae, I. K. Lyoo, S. H. Cho, H. S. Bae, M. C. Hong, M. K. Shin, "An alternative way to individualized medicine: psychological physical traits of Sasang typology", Journal of Altern Complement Med, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp.519-528, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1089/107555303322284811
- H. I. Park, K. I. Lee, "A study of personality traits in Sasang constitution according to comparative analysis of QSCC II & NEO-P-I-R", Journal of Sasang Const. Med, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp.104-122, 2000.
- H. S. Park, J. C. Ju, J. H. Kim, K. Y. Kim, "A study on clinical application of the QSCC II", Journal of Sasang Const. Med, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp.35-44, 2002.
- W. Y. Sung, J. Y. Kim, "Temperament and character profiles of Sasang constitution in middle school students", Journal of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. Med, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp.55-64, 2011. https://doi.org/10.7231/JON.2011.22.3.055
- G. A. Choi, "The study of Personality traits in Sasang constitution by NEO-P-I-R", Ph. D. dissertation, Dongshin University, 2009.
- Y. W. Kim, E. J. Lee, S. M. Choi, J. H. Kim, S. I. Jung, H. M. Lee, J. W. Kim, "The study about the QSCC II for the diagnosis of Sasang constitution", Journal of Sasang Const. Med, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp.11-21, 2003.
- J. B. Park, "The relation between psychological type and physical constitution classified by Sasang medicine", Ph. D. dissertation, Seoul Women's University, 2003.
- J. W. Kim, J. H. Kim, U. W. Hwang, "Clinical study on personality characteristics of the alcoholic patients-with MMPI & Sasang constitution", Journal of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. Med, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp.65-85, 1992.
- E. Y. Choi, S. K. Shin, "A study on the traits of MBTI types by the sasang constitution", Korean Journal of Aesthetic Society, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp.1-14, 2007.
- S. M. Choi, S. E. Chi, B. Y. Jung, K. S. Ahn, B. H. Koh, H. J. Sung, The study on the relationship between sasang constitution and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator", Korean Journal of Oriental Medicine, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp.47-57, 2000.
- H. Chae, S. H. Park, S. J. Lee, K C. Koh, "Sasang typology from a personality perspective", Journal of Korean Orient Med, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp.151-164, 2004.
- D. S. Choi, "Characteristics of Sasang constitution by temperament and character inventory(TCI)", Master's Thesis, Woosuk University, 2010.
- Harmon-Jones, E., Harmon-Jones, C., Abramson, L., Peterson, C. K., "PANAS positive activation is associated with anger", Emtion, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp.183-196, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0014959
- K. E. Lee, N. S. Kim, J. G. Ryu, "A study on the Sasang constitution and type A/B personality in Kangwon province", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp.201-212, 2002.
- N. H. Cha, M. J. Wang, J. A. Kim, K. N. Lee, "Difference of physical symptoms PWI and JCQ according to Sasang constitutions for industrial workers", Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp.508-516, 2005.
- E. Y. Choi, B. S. Chang, "A study on the differences of stress responses according to Sasang constitutions", Korean Journal of Oriental Preventive Medical Society, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp.175-183, 2008.
- H. Chae, S. J. Lee, S. J. Park, B. J. Kim, J. W. Hong, M. W. Hwang, S. N. Lee, C. H. Han, W. K. Kwon, "Neurotic characteristics of Sasang types with SCL-90-R", Korean Journal of Oriental Physiology & Pathology, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp.722-726, 2010.
- S. H. Kim, B. H. Ko, I. B. Song, "The standardization study of questionnaire for Sasang constitution classification(QSCC II)", Journal of Sasang Const. Med, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp.187-246, 1996.
- K. K. Jeon, K. H. Kim, "Development of college life stress scale", Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp.137-158, 1991.
- Derogatis, L. R., Cleary, P. A., "Factorial invariance across gender for the primary symptom dimension of the SCL-90", British Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 16, pp.347-356, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8260.1977.tb00241.x
- Se-hee Hong, "The Criteria for Selecting Appropriate Fit Indices in Structural Equation Modeling and Their Rationales", The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp.161-177, 2000.
- Curran, P. J., West, S. G., Finch, J., "The robustness of test statistics to non-normality and specification error in confirmatory factor analysis", Psychological Methods, Vol. 1, pp.16-29, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/1082-989X.1.1.16
- Browne, M. W., Cudeck, R., "Alternative ways of assessing model fit. In K. A. Bollen & J. S. Long(Ed.), Testing structural equation models". Sage, Newbury Park, California, 1993.
- Bentler, P. M., Chou, C., "Practical issues in structural modeling", Sociological Methods and Research, Vol. 16, pp.78-117, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1177/0049124187016001004
- Mi-Jin Kim, Gyun-Young Kang, "The Convergence Study on the Relationship between the Job Stress and Mental Health of Nurses", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 39-47, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.039
- Kyoung-A Chung, Ji-Hyun Cho, "Differences between Major Satisfaction, University Life Adjustment, Self-Esteem and Career Identity according to the Time of Department Selection of Students in the Department of Occupational Therapy at One University", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 143-155, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.143
- Seo-Yeon Kim, "Convergence Study on The Influence of Dental Hygiene Students' Stress in Their Major Satisfaction and Career-Decision Attitude", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 115-122, 2016. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2016.6.4.115
- Byung-Won Min, "An Improvement of Personalized Computer Aided Diagnosis Probability for Smart Healthcare Service Syste", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 79-84, 2016.