- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Change in the Nursing Professionalism, Role Conflict and Job Satisfaction of the Nursing Students before and after their first Clinical Experience
첫 임상실습이 간호대학생의 전문직관, 역할갈등, 직무만족에 미치는 영향
- Park, Eun-Hee (Dept. of Nursing, Kwang-ju Women University) ;
- Hang, Ran-Hee (Dept. of Nursing, Kwang-ju Women University)
- Received : 2016.11.10
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
This study was attempted to provide nurse students with basic materials to improve their clinical practices, and to investigate changes in their views on Nursing Professionalism, Job satisfaction, and role conflicts. After experiencing clinical practices, their nursing professionalism(t=-2.184, p=.031) and job satisfaction (t=-2.068, p>.001) increased but role conflict (t=-3.729, p>.001) increased as well. They were satisfied with their jobs, building up nursing professionalism through clinical practices. However, they had also acquired time on thinking about their future jobs more deeply than before practices and realizing their roles in real sense. In particular, they felt stress in some of subcategories, personal inner conflicts (t=-3.729, p>.001), role obscurity (t=-5.720, p>.001) so it is necessary to review standards on their job and task in nurse education and clinical practices.
- Medical Times: http://www.medicaltimes.com/Users4/News/newsView.html?ID=1106923, 2016.09.6
- G. S. Oh, M. K. Lee, " An Internship Experience to Convergence Program for Undergraduated Nursing Students" Journal of Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, PP. 173-185, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.173
- B. D. Hwang, "Realities of a Hospital's web-site' Management and It's Effect on Hospital Management" Journal of The Korea contents Association. Vol. 10. No. 3. pp. 241-249. 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.3.241
- Y. S. Moon, S. J. Han. "Impact of Self-efficacy and Nursing Professionalism on Organizational Commitment in Nurses " Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. Vol. 17, No. 1, PP. 72-79, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.1.072
- B. D. Hwang, "Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment of Hospital Administrative Staffs according to Their Majors " Journal of The Korea contents Association. Vol. 8. No. 6. pp. 186-194. 2008. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2008.8.6.186
- O, G. Kwag, Y. H. Kwon, "A Study on Daily Living Abilities, Self-efficacy and Yangsaeng Behavior in Elderly Men (Yangsaeng; 養生traditional oriental health promotion" Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol. 24. No. 1, pp. 11-19. 2013. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.1.11
- M. K. Lee, B. K. Kim, "A Study on Analysis of the Adolescent Identity Appearing in the Psychological Theory of Erickson" Journal of the Korea Welfare practice, Vol. 5. No. 2, pp. 83-101, 2013.
- Y. S. Ham, H. S. Kim, I. S. Cho, J. Y. Lim, "Affecting Factors of Nursing Professionalism Perceived by Senior Nursing Students" Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 536-544, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.3.536
- H. R. Kim, E. Y. Choi, H. Y. Kang, S M. Kim, "The Relationship among Learning Satisfaction, Learning Attitude, Self - efficacy and the Nursing Students' Academic Achievement after Simulation - based Education on Emergency Nursing Care" Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 5-13, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.1.005
- H. A. Kang, "Changes in labor nursing profession," Journal of Economic and social. Fall Edition. Vol. 55. pp. 142-168. 2002.
- S. H. Kim, M. A. Lee, "Effects of Emotional Labor and Communication Competence on Turnover Intention in Nurses" Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing administration. Vol. 20. No. 3. pp. 333-342. 2014.
- E. J. Lee, W. H. jun, "Original Articles : Sense of Coherence and Stress of Clinical Practice in Nursing Students" Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 163-171, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.163
- S. N. Lee, "Research of role conflicts of medical insurance review nurses in teritary hospital" Unpublished master's dissertation Ewha Womans University, Seoul,
- Y. M. Kwon, E. J. Yeun, Y. H. Ann. "Development of a Nursing Professional Values Scale" Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 35 No .6, PP. 1091-1100, 2005. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.6.1091
- S. S. Han. M. H. Kim. E. K. Yung. "Factors Affecting Nursing Professionalism" Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. Vol. 14, No. 1. pp.73-79, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.1.073
- McCormick, E. J., Tiffin, J. Pscicologia Industrial. EPU. 1977.
- J. J. Kim. "Study on the effect of conflict and personality in school's organization on the level of job satisfaction -a test to solution of conflict and parameter of organization's atmosphere" Unpublished PhD thesis Wonkwang University, Seoul, 2007.
- Y. M. Song "Role Performance and Role Conflict of ECE and ECSE Teachers in Inclusive Settings" Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. Vol. 8, No. 3. pp. 67-87, 2008.
- Y. J. Ko, I. K. Kim. "The Relationship between Professional Nursing Values and Career Preparation Behaviors of Nursing Students" Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. Vol. 17, No. 1. pp. 62-71, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.1.062
- S. H. Lee. "The Effect of Clinical Practice Stress and Satisfaction on Nursing College Students and Their Nursing Professionalism" Unpublished master's dissertation Chungang University, Seoul, 2016.
- Y. M. Kwon, E. J. Yeun, "Nursing Image and Professionalism Perceived by Male and Female Nursing Students in College" Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. Vol. 18, No. 3. pp. 510-521, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.3.510
- M. N. Ha, "The Effects of Nursing Practice Environment on Nursing Professionalism for New Nurses" Unpublished master's dissertation Dong-A University, Busan, 2013.
- S. H. Ko, "Nursing Professionalism and Job Satisfaction of Nurses in General Hospital" Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing administration. Vol. 10. No. 3. pp. 335-343. 2004.
- S. Her. K. H. Kim "Development and Evaluation of Job Stress Measurement Tool for Infection Control Nurses" Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing administration. Vol. 24. No. 4. pp. 327-338. 2012.
- K. B. Kim, S. H. Sok. "A Study of Job Satisfaction of the Nurses in a University Hospital" Journal of East-West Nursing Reseach. Vol. 12. No. 1. pp. 14-24. 2006.
- Sveinsdottir, H. Biering, P. and Ramel, A. "Occupational stress, job satisfaction, and working environment among Icelandic nurses: A cross- sectional questionnaire survey" International Journal of Nursing Studies, Vol. 43, PP. 875-889. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2005.11.002
- J. A. Han, M. J. KIm. "The Convergence Study of Interpersonal Caring Behaviors on Anger, Job Stress and Social Support in Nurses" Journal of Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 3, PP. 87-98, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.3.087
- N. S. Ha, J. Choi "An Analysis of Nursing Competency affecting on Job Satisfaction and Nursing Performance among Clinical Nurses" Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing administration. Vol. 16. No. 3. pp. 286-294. 2010. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.3.286