- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Relationship among Role Perception, Coaching Behavior and Coaching Confidence of Judo Coaches
유도지도자의 역할지각과 코칭행동 및 코칭자신감의 관계
- Nam, Kwang-Woo (Dept. of Culture and Sports, Republic of Korea Naval Academy) ;
- Lee, Yong-Kuk (Dept. of Adapted Physical Activity of Korea Nazarene University)
- Received : 2016.11.03
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship among role Perception, coaching behavior and coaching confidence of Judo coaches. Using a convenience sampling method, 196 coaches in judo from registered in Korea Jodo Association. Frequency analysis, exploratory factor analysis, confirmatory factor analysis, correlations analysis and structural equation model analysis were executed using IBM SPSS Statistics v21 and IBM SPSS Amos v21. As the results, the following conclusion was derived. First, it was discovered that the Role Perception had influence to the Coaching Behavior. Second, it showed that the Role Perception gave influence to the coaching confidence. Third, it showed that the Coaching Behavior affected the coaching confidence.
- Y. S. Ha, "Re - evaluation of teachers' right under an educational law in Korea." The Journal of Law of Education, Vol. 12, pp. 230-253, 2000.
- K. W. Nam, H. S. Lim, & Y. J. Choi, "The relationship between trust of coach and sports behavior: Focus on mediating effect of coach-athlete relationship." The Journal of Korean Alliance of Martial Arts, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 67-79, 2016.
- C. B. Lee, "A Study on the Role Conflict of Secondary School Teachers: Focus on Seoul and Gueonggi." Graduate School of Sungkyunkwnn University, 1987.
- H. B. Song, "A Comparative Studyonthe Role Expectation of Students and the Role Perception of Teachers for Classroom Teachers in the Elementary School." Graduate School of Dong-a University, 2008.
- Y. S. Choi, "A Study on Role Perception and Role Conflicts of Sport for All Leader." Graduate School of Ewha Wonans University, 1996.
- S. W. You, "Study on Relationship between Role Awareness and Position Satisfaction by Qualified Types of Golf Instructors." Graduate School of Yong-in University, 2002.
- B. K. Cho, "A Comparative Study on Kindergarten Teacher's Role Perception and Role Perfrmance in Korea and The United States." Korean Journal of Comparative Education, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 235-258, 1997.
- B. Y. Choi, "The influence of admissions officer's job characteristics and role perception upon duty absorption." Graduate School of Han-Yang University, 2013.
- S. G. Hong, "The Relationship between the Role Perception and Role Performance of the Teachers in Open School." The Journal of Yeolin Education, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 49-59, 1995.
- J. H. Chung & J. H. Huh, "The Relationship Between Coaching Knowledge and Perceived Coaching Behaviors and Group Cohesion in Female Basketball Teams." Journal of Coaching Development, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 47-57, 2014.
- H. J. Park & H. W. Shin, "Teaching Behavior, Confidence and Satisfaction among Teachers who Solo-Teach Technology and Home Economics in High School." Korean Home Economics Education Association, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 111-123, 2006.
- K. W. Nam & O. S. Cho, "The Impact of Judo Student Athletes' Perception of Coaches' Coaching Knowledge on Trust of Coach and Sport Commitment." The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 143-154, 2014.
- Y. S. Go, "The Analysis of Relationship Between Middle School and High School Student Athletes Perception of Coaching Behavior and Cohesion of Sports Groups." Graduate School of Jeon-Nam National University, 2006.
- H. C. Kim, "The Relationship between Athletic Maturity and Athletic Satisfaction According to Coaching Behaviors of Fin-Swimming." Korea Sport Research, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 971-984, 2004.
- R. M. Sung, "Analysis of moderating effect on the training immersion in the impact of coaching behaviors of leaders that athletes recognize on the athletes' satisfaction." Korean Journal of Sports Science Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 129-141, 2010.
- C. H. Seong, "The Relationship Among Perceived Coaching Behaviors, Perceptions of Sport Experience, and Interinsic Motivation in Competitive Youth Sport." The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 244-259, 1999.
- Y. G. Song & D. H. Kim, "The Research Trends in Coaching Behavior of Kinesiology Focused on Domestic Journals: 1990-2005." Journal of Coaching Development, Vol. 38, No. 4, pp. 3-14, 2006.
- J. K. Park, "Development of Reliable and Valid Coaching Confidence Scale." Korean Journal of Sport Psychology, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 89-106, 1994.
- M. C. Kim, "The Influence of personal characteristic of the Gymnastic Coaches on the Coaching Confidence." Journal of Coaching Development, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 55-67, 2010.
- K. Y. Choi, "A Study on the Relationship among Mentoring Experience, Coaching Confidence and Job Satisfaction of Coaches in School Athletic Team." The Korean Journal of Sport, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 169-180, 2012.
- K. W. Nam & Y. J. Choi, "The Relationship among Coaching Knowledge, Role Satisfaction and Coaching Confidence of Judo Coaches." The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 54, No. 6, pp. 463-472, 2015.
- S. K. Kim, "The study on exercise participation and satisfaction level and seif-confidence of coaching in sports center coacher." Graduate School of Korea National Sport University, 2007.
- J. J. Song, "SPSS/AMOS Statistical analysis methods needed for thesis." Gueonggi: 21cbook. 2015.
- B. R. Bae, "Structural Equation Modeling with Amos 19 -Principles and Practice-." Seoul: Choung-ram. 2013.
- J. H. Steiger, "Structural model evaluation and modification: An interval estimation approach." Multivariate Behavioral Research, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 173-180, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327906mbr2502_4
- R. B. Kline, "Principles and practice of structural equation modeling (3rd ed.)." New York: Guilford Press. 2011.
- C. Fornell & D. F. Larcker, "Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error." Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 18, No.1, pp. 39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- J. H. Lee, "A Study on Causality between Expertise for PE, Teaching Belief and Reflection on Teaching Class of Elementary Teacher." Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 13, No.4, pp. 33-47, 2013.
- K. H. Hong, "A Study on the Relationship between Professional Role Awareness and Practice of the Elementary School Teachers." The Journal of Elementary School Studies, Vol. 13, No.2, pp. 305-327, 2006.
- J. Y. Lee, Y. B. Son & K. Y. Yoon, "A Relation Cognition and Performance of Appropriateness of Child Teachers' roles in Creative Education." Journal of Early Childhood Education & Educare Welfare, Vol. 18, No. 2. pp. 265-284, 2014.
- J. H. Seo & Y. H. Kim, "Analyses of Elementary School Homeroom Teachers' Role Perception and Performance as Counsellors and Children's Expectation for Teachers' Role as Counsellors." The Korean Journal of Elementary Counseling, Vol. 5, No.1, pp. 65-92, 2006.
- W. P. Hong, "An effect of a coaching behavior of Taekwondo master on the competitive states anxiety of players." Graduate School of Yong-in University, 2008.