- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effect of 3D PRINTING and Physical Education Central STEAM Program on the Subject Interest and Creative Attitude of Middle School Students
3D 프린팅과 체육 중심 STEAM프로그램이 중학생의 교과흥미도 및 창의적 태도에 미치는 영향
- Ryu, Chung-Hyun (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Daelim Univ.) ;
- Cho, Gun-Sang (Dept. of Athletic Training, Daelim Univ.)
- Received : 2016.10.31
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of 3D PRINTING and physical education central STEAM program on the subject interest and creative attitude of middle school students. In order to achieve this purpose, this research collected data from two different groups; a control group (n=98) and a comparison group (n=101) who are attending middle schools located in Gyeonggi-do. The exploratory factor analysis, reliability analysis, independent t-test and paired t-test were conducted by the IBM SPSS 20.0 program. The results are as follows; First, physical education central STEAM utilizing 3D PRINTING is efficient in the subject interest. Second, physical education central STEAM utilizing 3D PRINTING is efficient in the creative attitude.
- Korea Foundation for the Advancement of Science and Creativity, "Easy and visible introduction on STEAM education. Korea Foundation by the Achievement of Science & Creativity." Seoul, 2015.
- Ministry of Education, "2014 revised curriculum content." Retrieved from http://www.moe.go.kr/web/100119/ko/board/view.do?bbsId=412&boardSeq=56884, September 24, 2014.
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, "2011 Business report window to open the creative talent and the advanced science and technology future of republic of Korea." Ministry of Education, Science. and Technology, 2010.
- Sang-Gu Lee, Jae-Yoon Lee, Kyung-Eun Park, Jae-Hwa Lee, Seung-Chul Ahn, "Mathematics, Art and 3D-Printing in STEAM Education." Communications of Mathematical Education, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp.35-49, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7468/jksmee.2015.29.1.35
- Yakman G., Kim J.,"STEAM education using BADUK to teach purposefully Integrated STEM." 37th Annual Conference International Society for Exploring Teaching and Learning, Atlanta, Georgia, 2007.
- Yakman, G. "Whatis the poin tof STEAM?: A brief overview." Retrieved from http://www.steamedu.com/2006-2010 Short WHAT IS STEAM. pdf. 2010.
- John, T.," STEM to STEAM - Recognizing the Value of Creative Skills in the Competitive Debate." Retrieved from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-tarnoff/stem-to-steam-recognizing_b_756519.html, 2010.
- Soon-Beom Kwon, Dong-Soo Nam, Tae-Wuk Lee, "Study on Educational Implementation of Social Network Service for Development of Elementary School Students' Creative Personality." The Korean Association of Computer Education conference, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 21-26, 2011.
- Tae-Hun Kim, Jong-Hoon Kim, "Development and implementation of STEAM Program based on Scratch Programming." The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 49-57, 2014.
- Jeong-Beom Song, Tae-Wuk Lee, "The Effect of STEM Integration Education Using Educational Robot on Academic Achievement and Subject Attitude." Journal of the Korean Association of Information Education, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 11-22, 2011.
- Seung-Young Shin, "Factor Analysis of Elementary School Student's Learning Satisfaction after the Robot utilized STEAM Education." The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 11-22, 2012.
- Hae-Ran An, Mi-Hyun Yoo, " Analysis of Research Trends in STEAM Education for the Gifted." Journal of Gifted/Talented Education, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 401-420, 2015. https://doi.org/10.9722/JGTE.2015.25.3.401
- Hee-Ju Maeng, "Discussions on The Directions of Research and Development Tasks for Convergence Gifted Education." Journal of Gifted/Talented Education, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 981-1001, 2013. https://doi.org/10.9722/JGTE.2013.23.6.981
- Jin-Soo Kim, "A Cubic Model for STEAM Education." The Journal of Korean Technology Education, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 124-139, 2011.
- Ju-Hyo Kim, Sun-Hye Jun, "Effect of After- School Physical Programs on Creativity of Elementary School Students."The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 52, No. 6, pp. 143-153, 2013.
- Yoo-Mi Choi, Young-Soon Moon, "A Study on the Effective Convergence Education of Physical Education and Science through the 'KINECT' Based Yoga Contents." Design Convergence Study, Vol. 13, No. 4, 153-169, 2014.
- Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, "Endless imagining room operations manual." Retrieved from https://www.kofac.re.kr/?page_id =1677&uid=4277&mod=document, 2014.
- National Research Council [NRC], "Conceptual framework for new science education standards." Retrieved from, http://www7.nationalacademies.org/bose/Standards_Framework_Homepage.html, 2010.
- Drake, S. M. & Burns, R. C., "Meeting standard through integrated curriculum. Alexandria." VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, 2004
- Schiefele, U., "Interest, learning, and motivation." Educational Psychologist, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 299-323, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1080/00461520.1991.9653136
- Mi-Seon Yun, Seong-Il Kim, "A Study on Constructs of subject-specific interests and Its Relationship with Academic Achievement, The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 271-290, 2003.
- Byung-Gee Bak, Hyun-Suk Kang, "Development and Validation of a Self-Report from of Integrative Creativity Scale." The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 155-177, 2006.
- Deok-Ho Kim, Dong-Gook Ko, Myeong-Jae Han, Seung-Ho Hong, "The Effects of Science Lessons Applying STEAM Education Program on the Creativity and Interest Levels of Elementary Students." Journal of the Korean Association for Science Education, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 43-54, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14697/jkase.2014.34.1.1.00043
- In-Ae Kang, Hee-Ju Kim, Da-Mi Kim, "A CaseStudyontheLearningeffectsoftheSTEAM Education Using Open-Source Softwares in terms of Students' interest in and attitudes toward Science, Journal of Secondary Education, Vol. 60, No. 4, pp. 1105-1134, 2012. https://doi.org/10.25152/ser.2012.60.4.1105
- Myoun-Jae Lee, "A Study on Game Production Education through Recent Trend Analysis of 3D Game Engine", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 15-20, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2013.4.1.015
- Bin Ryu, Tae-Wuk Lee, "The Impact of Block Scheduling in Programming Classes on Academic Achievement and Learning." The Korean Association of Computer Education conference, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 125-129, 2010.
- Hee-Sun Woo, Mi-Ryeong Yeom, Doo-Yong Jung, "An Analysis on the UCC Media for STEAM Integrated Education", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7 No. 1, pp. 43-48, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.043