- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Mediating Effect of Job Search Efficacy on Perceived Career Development Support and Job Search Intensity of University Students of Physical Education Majors
체육계열 대학생의 경력개발지원인식과 구직강도의 관계에서 구직효능감의 매개효과
- Kim, Sung-Duck (Dept. of Sport Science of Baekseok University)
- 김성덕 (백석대학교)
- Received : 2016.10.14
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
The aim of this study was to develop an understanding of the mediating effect of job search efficacy on perceived career development support and job support intensity of university students of physical education major. Data were collected by a total of 223 junior and senior students who are undergraduate majoring in physical education in Seoul, Chungnam, and Gyeongsang Provinvces. For the study, the reliability and validity test of the questionnaire and correlation analysis were conducted by using SPSS 20.0 program, and Structural Equation Model(SEM) using AMOS 20.0 program was conducted to analyze the data. The results were as follows. First, career development support perceived by university students of physical education majors had a statistically significant effect on job search efficacy, whereas it had no significant effect on job search intensity. Second, job search efficacy of the students had a statistically significant effect on job search intensity. Lastly, it was found that job search efficacy totally mediated the relationship between perceived career development support and job search intensity.
Supported by : 백석대학교
- Y, U, Choi. "Comparative analysis for employment rate between participants and non-participants in the university career development management system." : case of "Y" university, Graduate School of Government and Business, Yonsei University; 2016.
- J, W, Yi, D, S, Han, D, H, Yun,"Crisis at Universities and the Practical Issues of Physical Education and Sports Related Departments" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No.1, pp. 427-436, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.1.427
- W, Y, Baek, H, N, Jung. "An analysis of the effect of the extra-curriculum activities and teaching method on college educational performance." The Journal of Economics and Finance of Education, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 261-284, 2012.
- Felsman, D. E. and Blustein, D. L. "The role of peer relatedness in late adolescent career development." Journal of Vocational Behavior. Vol. 54, No. 2, 279-295, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1006/jvbe.1998.1664
- Hall, D. T, "Careers in and out of organizations. Thousand Oaks," CA: Sage Publications Vol. 64, No. 9, pp. 21-32, 2002.
- D, B, Kwon, S, J, Hu, S, E, Kim. "Needs Analysis of Career Development Program for Students at the College of Education-Focus on K University College of Education in KOREA-." The Korea educational review, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 225-245, 2008.
- J, G, Lee, J, C, LEE. "An Empirical Study on the Effects of University Students' Career Planning upon Employ ability and Creativity: the Mediation Effect of Major Commitment." Korean Association of Business education, Vol. 29, No. 5, pp. 229-252, 2014.
- J, Jang, W, M, Shin, T, H, Kim. "Impacts of Perceived Career Development Support on Career Planning and Career Outcomes among Sport Related Majoring Students." Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 56, pp. 727-736, 2014.
- Harvey, Lee, William Locke, and Alistair Morey. "Enhancing employability, recognising diversity: Making links between higher education and the world of work." Universities UK, 2002.
- Knight, Peter T. and Mantz Yorke. "Employability through the curriculum." Tertiary Education and Management, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 261-276, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/13583883.2002.9967084
- Fallows, Stephen, and Christine Steven. "Building employ ability skills into the higher education curriculum: a university-wide initiative." Education training, Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 75-83, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1108/00400910010331620
- G, Kim. "A Relationship Between Predictors of Job Search Intensity and Job Search Clarity Among Job Seekers in Job Center." Quarterly journal of labor policy, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 113-141, 2009.
- Saks, Alan M., and Blake E. Ashforth. "Change in job search behaviors and employment outcomes." Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 277-287, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1006/jvbe.1999.1714
- H, D, Kim, Y, S, Han "Younger Job Seekers' Job Search Self-efficacy and Job Search Intensity and Its Effects on Employment Outcomes." Quarterly journal of labor policy, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp.1-12, 2012.
- Kanfer, Ruth, Connie R. Wanberg, and Tracy M. Kantrowitz. "Job search and employment: A personality-motivational analysis and meta-analytic review." Journal of Applied psychology, Vol. 86, No. 5, pp. 837, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.86.5.837
- H, Y, Kim, K, S, Woo. "Determinants of Reemployment of the Elderly workers." The korean Gerontological society, Vol. 24, pp. 97-110, 2004.
- H, D, Kim, S, H, Sung, "Explorations on Job Search Activities of College Graduates: College Transfer & Job Search Motivations." Korean academy of management, Conference on Korean academy of management, pp. 1-23, 2010.
- I, Yu, S, R, Kim, "Analysis of Structural Equation Model on Affecting Factors and Causality of Job Search Intention among Expectant Graduates from University." Journal of the korea contents association, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 198-212. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.198
- Y, J, Kang, "A Study on the Meaning of University Students' Career Study Group for Job Search ." The Educational Research for Tomorrow, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 1-20, 2013.
- Y, S, Cho, " A study on the relationship between university's job search supporting programs and job seeking efficacy." Gyeongbuk: Department og Industrial Welfare Graduate School, Daegu University; 2012.
- M, J, Kim, H, J, Jung, "The Influence of Participation Motivation of the Training Session for Instructors of "Sport for All" on the job Searching Efficacy : Focused on the Mediating Role of Learning Satisfaction." Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 63, No. 2 ,pp. 559-569, 2016.
- G, S, Kim, S, S, Joo, "Exploring the Way to Enhance Career Path and Professionalism in Physical Education and Sports Related Departments in Korean Universities." Korean journal of sport pedagogy, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 23-40, 2015.
- S, H, Kim, M, J, Kim, "The Effect of Career Preparation Program on Self-esteem, Self-efficacy related career decision-making and Career Development Readiness in University Students." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 407-418, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.4.407
- D, S, Ryu, M, S, Park, J, K, Kim, "The Effect of Education Satisfaction and Evaluation in the Employment Supporting Program on Employment Barrier Awareness Level and Career Preparation Behavior of Sports Related Majoring University Student." The Korean journal of Physical Education, Vol. 53, No. 4, pp. 293-306, 2014.
- J, J, Part, A, R, Hong, "Direction of University Career Education through Career Perception of Sports-related University Students."Korean journal of sport pedagogy, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 68-88, 2016.
- G, Y, Lee, A, C, Kim, "The Relationships of academic self-efficacy, outcome expectation, and department-adaptation of Students Majoring in sports." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 509-517, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.509
- J, H, Choi, "Departmental Trust on Departmental Development and Academic Performance and Demographic Differences in the Department affiliated with Physical Education." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No.6, pp. 467-475, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.6.467
- H, J, Sung, S, I, Na, "The Relationship among Career Development Competency, Career Exploration Behavior and Career Development Supports of Senior Students in Universities." Journal of Agricultural Education and Human Resource Development, Vol. 44, No.1, pp. 83-108, 2012. https://doi.org/10.23840/agehrd.2012.44.1.83
- Nunnally, J. C, "Psychometric theory (2nd ed.)." New York, NY: McGraw-Hill. 1978.
- Blau, G. "Testing a Two-dimensional Measure of Job Search Behavior." Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Vol. 59, pp. 288-312, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1006/obhd.1994.1061
- Kline, R. B, "Principles and practices of structural equation modeling." New York: Guilford, 1998.
- J, J, Song, "SPSS/AMOS Statistical Methods", 21Century Publishing Company, 2015.
- Bagozzi, R. P., and, Y. "On the evaluation of structural equation models." Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 16, No.1, pp. 74-94, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02723327
- Hair, J. E., Anderson, R. E., Tatham, R. L. and Black W. C, "Multivariate data analysis (5th ed.). Upper Saddle River." NJ: Prentice-Hall. 1998.
- Browne, M. W. and Cudeck, R. "Alternative ways of assessing model fit. In K. A. Bollen & J. S. Long (Eds.) Testing Structural Equation Models." Newbury Park, CA:Sage, pp. 445-455, 1993.
- Tucker, L. R., & Lewis, C. "The reliability coefficient for maximum likelihood factor analysis." Psychometrika, Vol. 38, pp. 1-10, 1973. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02291170
- B, R, Bae, "AMOS 21 Structural equation model", ChungRam, 2014.
- S, U, Jang, "The Effects of Career Counseling Program on Job Seeking Efficacy for Junior College Student." Department of Vocational Studies, Graduate School of Public Administration, Kyonggi University, 2007.
- S, H, Kim, "The effect of Job-Hope Program for the long-term unemployed on Job seeking efficacy, self-esteem and communication." Counseling Psychology Major Graduate School of Education Kyung sung University, 2010.
- C, G, Park, "The Effects of Career Coaching Program on Job-seeking Efficacy and Career Preparation Behavior of Junior College Students," Department of Coaching Psychology The Graduate School of Education Kwang woon University, 2012.
- S, S, Bae, "The Effects of Job Search Efficacy and Job Search Out comes Obtained by Participating in Job Search Supporting Programs -Focused on the Expectant Graduates of Universities in Daejon and Chungcheong Area," Department of Business Administration Graduate School of Kong-ju National University, 2013.