- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Application of Dietary Life Education Programs for Activation of the Rural Convergence Industry
농촌융복합산업 활성화를 위한 식생활교육 프로그램 적용 연구
- Kang, Keoung-Shim (Dept. of Food Service Management & Nutrition, Kongju National University)
- 강경심 (공주대학교 외식상품학과)
- Received : 2016.11.22
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
This study is to analyze the effects of dietary life education of elementary school students by gender and by grade to seek for solutions of activating the rural convergence industry in linkage with dietary life education. Subjects were 152 students of eight elementary schools in Chungcheongnam-do. As a result of the study, after application of the dietary life education program, the scores were statistically significantly improved and four sub areas(education at the dining table, practice of green dietary life, reduceing food wastes, learning about local foods) showed a statistically significant improvement. Scores by gender were statistically significantly improved among both male and female students and the results of analyses by gender in four sub areas of dietary life education were also statistically significantly improved. Scores by grade were statistically significantly improved in all grades and the results of analyses by grade in four sub areas of dietary life education were also statistically significantly improved. Since the dietary life education program in the present study is effective for dietary life improvement, the results of the present study are expected to be utilizable in education of elementary school students and lead to the consumption of regional foods by increasing the ability to select proper foods.
Rural Convergence Industry;Dietary Life Education;Regional Foods;Convergence;Dietary Life Education Program
- H. W. Lee, Y. S. Na and M. S. Cho, "Development and evaluation of dietary education program focused on slow life in school children", J. Korean Soc. Food Cult., Vol. 31, No. 2, pp.111-120, 2016. https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2016.31.2.111
- K. H. Lee, E. S. Her and T. J. Woo, "Development of nutrition education textbook and teaching manual in elementary school", J. of the Korean Dietetic Association, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp.205-215, 2005.
- H. S. Yoon, J. S. Re and E. S. Her, "Perception of elementary school teachers about nutrition in the Kyungnam area", Korean J. Community Nutrition, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp.84-90, 2001.
- E. S. Her, H. L. Yang, H. S. Yoon and K. H. Lee, "Nutritional education status and recognition of the importance of elementary school dietitians in the Gyeongnam area", Korean J. Community Nutrition, Vol .7, No. 6, pp.781-793, 2002.
- E. K. Kim, "Eating behaviors and nutrition related problems in Korean children", Korean J. Community Nutrition, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp.905-920, 2001.
- E. S. Her, S. G. Lee, H. J. Park and K. H. Lee, "Effect-evaluation on nutrition education in related curriculums for elementary school children", Korean J. Community Nutrition, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp.795-804, 2005.
- E. H. Weiss and C. L. Kien, "A synthesis of research on nutrition education at the elementary school level", J. School Health, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp.8-11, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1746-1561.1987.tb00512.x
- Eun-Hee Min, "Effect of green dietary life program on elementary school student's perception about health, environment and consideration", Master's thesis, pp.33-34, Chongju National University, 2012.
- E. Y. Sang and J. W. Kim, "Development of STEAM dietary education program for the improvement of core competencies for elementary school students", J. of Korean Arts Education, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp.1-18, 2016.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, 2nd Dietary Education Support Act, Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
- K. S. Kang, "Production of content for regional sources of the convergence industrialization : based on agricultural management entities of the sixth industrialization in Chungcheongnam-do", J. of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp.483-490, 2015.
- M. K. Jung and S. H. Kim, "The nutritional aspect of Tofu", J. of the Korean Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp.177-184, 2016.
- Y. H. Kim, "Development of elementary dietary education program using practical problem solving methods", J. of Korean Practical Arts Education, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp.53-67, 2015.
- J. H. Cho, "The Development and effects of green food education program for young children", Master's thesis, Chongnam National University, 2012.
- M. J. Kim, "Improving and realization of the effect of parents education about ecology diet for improving child diet program", Master's thesis, Kyungpook National University, 2010.
- Y. Y. Joo, J. E. Lee, J. Y. Yoo, J. H. Kim and I. K. Jung, "Development and application programs for green dietary life in technology-home economics in the middle school", J. of Korean Education Inquirry, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp.353-373, 2015.
- S. K. Jeon, "Educational meanings and effective practical plans of school dietary life education", J. of Korean Home Economics Education, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp.117-135, 2010.
- H. S. Kim and J. W. Kim, "Prospective elementary teachers' evaluation of dietary life education program for improving their dietary life education, food literacy, and agricultural literacy", J. of Korean Practical Arts Education, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp.107-122, 2016.
- Y. K. Kim and K. Y. Sim, "Current state of dietary life education through rural activities for adolescent", Korean J. of Human Ecology, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp.231-243, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2013.22.1.231
- M. Y. Hwang, Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development and Dietary Education, 2009.
- Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries and Diet Education National Network, Green Dietary Life to Practice Environment, Health and Care, 2010.
- K. Peter and K. Alison, "Children's friendships and learning in school: Cognitive enhancement through social interaction", British J. Educ. Psychol., Vol. 75, No. 4, pp.521-538, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1348/000709904X24591
- S. Y. Kim and H. S. Kim, "The effect of cooking activities on the unbalanced dietary food habits of elementary school children", J. of the Korean Society of Food Culture, Vol. 23, No. 5, pp.556-562, 2008.
- H. N. Park, H. S. Jeong and N. M. Joo, "Research on the educational effect and satisfaction of cooking activities for children", J. of the Korean Society of Food Culture, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp.455-461, 2008.
- H. S. Kim and J. W. Kim, "Prospective elementary teacher's evaluation of dietary life education program for improving their dietary life education, food literacy, and agricultural literacy", The J. of Korean Practical Arts Education, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp.107-122, 2016.
- M. S. Song, "Convergence models of evaluation systems for social welfare facilities", J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 115-122, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.115
- I. S. Kim and S. Y. Kim, "Converged relationship between oral health education and dental health behavior of high school students", J. of IT Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp.107-114, 2016.
- K. I. Kim, "The impact of several management tools and techniques adoption on small business enterprises' performance", J. of IT Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp.7-12, 2016.