- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Motivation for Using Mobile Social Network Games on the Game Attitude, Continuous Use Intention and Intention to Recommend the Game
모바일 소셜 네트워크 게임 이용 동기가 게임태도와 지속적 이용의도 및 추천의도에 미치는 영향
- Youm, Dong-sup (Dept. of Advertising & Public Relations & Journalism, The Mokwon University)
- 염동섭 (목원대학교 광고홍보언론학과)
- Received : 2016.11.30
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
This study was conducted to review the usage behavior of mobile social network games that are attracting attention as a new growth engine in the game market. To that end, a survey was conducted on 250 male and female university students. The result of the study showed that first, the relationship formation motivation and seeking fun during leisure times in association with mobile social network games had a positive effect on game attitudes. Second, the relationship formation motivation had a positive effect on the continuous use intention. Third, the relationship formation motivation and the fun-seeking motivation had a positive effect on word-of-mouth recommendation, while the relationship formation motivation and advertisement recommendation motivation had a positive effect on the intention to recommendation online formats. Fourth, the attitude towards mobile social network games had a positive effect on the continuous use intention. Lastly, the attitude towards mobile social network games had a positive effect on only the intention to recommendation through word-of-mouth. This study is expected to provide useful and basic data for the development of quality game content that will cater to users' needs.
Mobile Social Network Game(MSNG);Use Motives;Game Attitude;Continuous Use Intention;Intention to Recommendation
- Korea Creative Content Agency. "Content Industry Statistics 2015", 2016.
- Youm, D. S., & Kim, H. D. "A Study on the Usage Behavior of Mobile Social Network Game Users", Journal of Practical Research in Advertising and Public Relations, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 121-140, 2016.
- Hong, Y. J. "The current status and future of social network games", Industrial Engineering Magazine, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 33-37, 2011.
- Park, S. W., & Lee, C. H. "Factors affecting the user satisfaction of social network games", Journal of Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 197-204, 2013.
- Kim, H. B., & Park Y. I. "Effect of Mobile Game Use Amount on the Satisfaction Level and Game Commitment(flow)", Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 31-40, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7583/JKGS.2015.15.3.31
- Kang, T. C., Kim, H. G., Cho, B., & Hyun, M. C. "An Empirical Study on Continuous Usage Intention towards Mobile Social Network Game", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 2104-2111, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.2104
- Lee, H. H., Kim, S. S., & Lee, M. S. "The Effect of Game Contents on User's Intention of Use in Mobile Social Network Games", Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 17-26, 2015.
- Lee, C. H., & Park, S. W. "Qualitative Research on Continuous Usage Intention of Mobile Social Network Game", Journal of Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 105-110, 2013.
- Katz, E. "Mass Communications Research and the Study of Popular Culture: An Editorial Note on a Possible Future for this Journal", Studies in Public Communication, 21-6. Retrieved from http://repository.upenn.edu/asc_papers/165
- Choi, M. W. "A Study on the Motives for Using Internet Advertising : A Uses and Gratification Perspective", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 229-254, 2007.
- Choi, M. J., & Yeom. S. W. "A Study on the Characteristics of Video UCC Advertisement and Consumer's Attitude : Focusing on Uses and Gratifications", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 91-109, 2009.
- Han, E. K., & Kim, J. J. "A Study on Smartphone User's Motives to Use Mobile Advertisements and their Satisfaction: Based on the Use and Gratification Theory", Journal of Cybercommunication Academic Society, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 165-201, 2011.
- Choi, M. W. "The Effect of Motives for Using IPTV Advertising on Using Behavior of IPTV Advertising", Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 8, pp. 321-330, 2013.
- Yang, B. H. "An Integrated Model of Attitudes toward Wireless Marketing", Advertising Research, No. 68, pp. 139-163, 2005.
- Kim, B. C. "The Antecedents of Influence on the Attitude toward Mobile Advertising", Advertising Research, No. 75, pp. 35-59, 2007.
- Youm, D. S. "Structural analysis between use motives, perceived usefulness and advertisement effect of mobile LBA(Location Based Advertising)", Korean Journal of Consumer and Advertising Psychology, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 271-293, 2016. https://doi.org/10.21074/kjlcap.2016.17.2.271
- Ryu, J. Y., & Yoon, K. "A Study on Mobile Advertising Acceptance and Word of Mouth Intention of Smartphone Users", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 297-318, 2013.
- Yu, S. Y., & Kim, J. H. "Use of Motivations, Benefits and Loss Factors effect on Recommendation of Reward Application", Korean Journal of Consumer and Advertising Psychology, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 279-306, 2014. https://doi.org/10.21074/kjlcap.2014.15.2.279