- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Development of Self-regulation Program Elementary School Students' to Improve Willpower
초등학생의 의지력 향상을 위한 자기조절 프로그램 개발
- An, Kwan-Su (Dept. of Education Won Kwang University) ;
- Hwang, Jae-yeon (Dept. of Education Won Kwang University)
- Received : 2016.10.31
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
The objective of this study is to develop the self-regulation program for senior class students of elementary school to improve willpower. The data on basic need for the self- regulation program was collected using a five-point Likert scale and the participants were 93 students from the fifth-grade and sixth-grade of elementary school. And 32 elementary school teachers participated in this study. The need-survey was conducted for the contents analyses and process elements of this program. Eight experts accomplished program structure and contents design performed by 2 tests on validity. This program consisted of making the student complete one target-behavior that caused him into developing willpower. Self-monitoring and rewarding are the strategy to develop willpower and the students who executed this program developed good attitudes.
- Tangney, J. P., Baumeister, R. F., & Boone, A. L. "High self- control predicts good adjustment, less pathology, better grades, and interpersonal success". Journal of Personality, Vol .72, No. 2, pp. 271-322, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0022-3506.2004.00263.x
- Kyung- Nim Lee, "The Study for the Development of Child Self-Control Rating Scale." the Korean Journal of the Human Development, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 99-120, 2000.
- Mischel, W. & Shoda, Y., Peake, P, K. " The Nature of Adolescent Competencies Predicted by Preschool Delay of Gratification." Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 54, No. 4, pp. 687-696.1988. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.117
- Bandura, A., "Social Cognitive Theory of Self-Regulation." Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Vol. 50, pp. 48-287, 1999.
- Asher, S. R. & Renshaw, P. D.," Children without friends: Social knowledge and social skill training." IN Asher, S. R. & Gottman. J. M.(Eds), The development of children's friendships, pp. 273-296. New York: Cambridge university Press.
- Kyong-jun Oh, "The Effects of Self-Growth Group Counseling Program on the Elementary School Children's Self-Esteem and Sociability." Master's Dissertations, Korea National University of Education. 2000.
- Jung Kyoung Huh, "A Study on the Scale Development of Self-regulation and the Related Variable of Children in the School Age." Ph. D. dissertation, Sookmyug Women's University. 2003.
- Kopp, C. B., "The antecedent of Self-Regulation a Developmental perspective." Developmental Psychology, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 199-214. 1982. https://doi.org/10.1037/0012-1618.104.22.168
- Baumeister, R. F. & Tiemey, J.," Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength."p. 2011, Penguin Press, 2011.
- Young Sim Chung, " Effects of Self-Regulation Group Counseling on Middle school Students' Self-Esteem and Interpersonal Relationship Satisfaction". Ph.D. dissertation. Gyeongsang Nationl University, 2004.
- Sung Hui Hwang, "The Effect of Self Control Training Program on the Self-Control of Elementary School Students." Master's dissertation, Kyung-pook National University. 2008.
- Kyung Ryung Kim & Eun Hee Seo, " The effect of self-regulated learning program: A meta-analysis." The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 665-690. 2014. https://doi.org/10.17286/KJEP.2014.28.4.06
- Hyei Young Roh, " The Effects of a Self-Regulation Enhancement Program on students' self-control, Peer Support, and Class Participation in Elementary Inclusive Classrooms." Ph. D. dissertation, Ewha Womans University, 2015.
- Jeong- Eun Hwang, "The Effect of Self Control Training Program on the Self-Control of Elementary School Students." Master's dissertation, Kyung-pook National University. 2009.
- Sug yeon Joung, " The Effects of self-regulatory group counseling program on impulse and sociality of elementary school students." Master's dissertation, Gongju National University of Education, 2008.
- Kilsoon Kim, "Meta-Analysis of the effects of character education programs." Ph.D. dissertation, Chonnam National University, 2015.
- Young-ju Lee, " A Study on the Variables influencing the development of children's self-regulation : children's self-concept and the relationship of the parents, teachers, friends." Mster's dissertation, Sookmyung Women's University, 2008.
- Myung-jin Lee, " The Problems and challenges for self-regulation studies." The Journal of Research in Education, Vol. 39, pp. 161-193, 2011.
- S.Y.Kim, "A Literature Review on Self Regulation." Gbo Hwang Non Jib, Vol.13, pp.1-18, 1993.
- Hyuki-Gi Eun," Does self-regulatory group counseling improve adolescents' interpersonal abilities: selfawareness, other-awareness, interpersonal skills and interpersonal satisfaction?, Ph.D. dissertation, Sungkyunkwan University, 2000.
- Baumeister, R. F., Bratslavsky, E., Muraven., & Tice, D. M., " Ego depletion: is the active self a limited resource?" Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 74, No. 5, pp. 1252-1265, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1242
- Bandura, A. "The self system in reciprocal determinism."American Psychologist, Vol. 33, pp.344-358. 1978. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.33.4.344
- Sung Hee Lee, "A Web-based Counseling program for Stress management and its beffectiveness in the workplace." Ph.D. dissertation, Seoul National University. 2006.
- Myung-ja song, "Developmental psychology." p.519, Hakjisa. 1995.