- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The moderating effect of the self-efficacy on the relationship between job satisfaction and turnover intention of nursery school's teachers.
보육교사의 직무만족과 이직의도의 관계에서 자기효능감의 조절효과 분석
- Shin, Keon-ho (Department of Early Childhood Education, Kangnam University) ;
- Kim, Sang-Soo (Department of Early Childhood Education, Kangnam University)
- Received : 2016.11.20
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the moderational effects of self-efficacy on the relationship between job satisfaction and turnover intention of nursery teachers. Data were collected from 355 nursery teachers on JSS, TIS, and SES, which then were analyzed using correlation and multiple regression. The major findings of this study were as follows: First, job satisfaction was positively related to self-efficacy, Second, job satisfaction was negatively related to turnover intention. Third, self-efficacy was negatively related to turnover intention. Fourth, self-efficacy had moderational effects on the relationships between job satisfaction and turnover intention. The above findings imply that various programs should be taken to enhance the self-efficacy of teachers in order to reduce turnover rates.
Turnover Intention;Self-Efficacy;Self-Regulation;Job Satisfaction;Nursery Teacher
- S-M. Lee, "The Ecological Variables Research on the Effect of Teacher's Happiness in Child Center." Ph.D. dissertation, Jeju University, 2014.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, "Portal site of childcare center's information." http://info.childcare.go.kr, 2016.
- ME. Lamb, l. Ahnert, "Non-parental child care: Context, quality, correlates, and consequences.", In: Damon W, Lerner RM, Renninger KA, Sigel IE, eds. Child psychology in practice. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley; Handbook of child psychology; Vol. 4, pp. 950-1016, 2006.
- M-W. Lee, Y-K. Choi, J-W, Lee, N-H. Do, M-K. Kwon, J-A. Park, H-M. Lee, Y-W. Kim, "National Survey on Child care in Korea." Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2015.
- B. Curbow, K. Spratt, A. Ungarett, K. McDonnell, S. Breckler. "Development of the Child Care Worker Job Stress Inventory." Early Childhood Research Quarterly, Vol. 15 pp. 515-536, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0885-2006(01)00068-0
- M. Whitebook, L. Sakai. "By a thread: How centers hold on to teachers, how teachers build lasting careers." Kalamazoo, MI: UpJohn Institute for Employment Research, 2003.
- A-R. Son. "The Effect of Work Environment on Child-care Teachers' Turnover Intentions and Job Satisfaction-Mediated by Burnout." Korea Journal of Child Care and Education, Vol. 58, No. 9(1), pp. 81-101, 2009.
- Jung-Im Kim, Bo-Ram Choi, "Convergence Study on Emotional Labor, Stress Response and Turnover Intention of Call-center Worker", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 139-146, 2015.
- B-R. Lee, K-Y. Lee. "The Effect of the Job Satisfaction of Early Childhood Teachers on the Turnover Intent." Korea Journal of Child Care and Education, Vol. 71, No. 6(1), pp. 53-72, 2012
- S. Y. Cho, "Child Care Teacher's Job Satisfaction and Burnout." Korean Living Science Association, Vol 14, No. 1, pp. 69-79, 2005.
- G-O. Kim. "The Effects of Emotional Intelligence and Child Care Teacher's Job Stress on Turnover Intentions." The Journal of Creative Personality with MeFOT, Vol. 5, No. 1, 5-22, 2016
- S-Y. Hong. "The Effects of Job Stress and Teacher Efficacy on Turnover Intention among Child-Care Teachers Focusing on the Mediating Effects of Immersion." The Journal, College of Education, Vol 51, No. 2, 2012.
- E. G. Lambert, N. L. Hogan, S. M. Barton. "The impact of job satisfaction on turnover intent: a test of a structural measurement model using a national sample of workers." The Social Science Journal, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 233-250, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0362-3319(01)00110-0
- K-H. Hyung, O-I. Park, H-S. Kang. "The Difference of Child-Care Teachers' Perception on the Working Environment by Social and Demographic Characteristics." Korean J. Community Living Science, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp.285-298, 2010.
- J-H. Kang, J-Y. Kim. "Relationships Between Family Child Care Teacher's Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention." Korea Journal of Child Care and Education, Vol. 76, No. 3(1), pp. 121-138, 2013.
- M-S Choi, D-H Ji, "The comparative study on changes in job satisfaction and turnover intention according to the convergence mediating factors and the level of emotional labor in dental hygienists", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 27-34, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.027
- Y. K. Kim, Y. J. Kim, "Effect of Educational Conviction and Sense of Efficacy of the Nursery Teachers at Private Nurseries on Level of Work Satisfaction." Journal of Korean Council for Children & Rights, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 325-347, 2013.
- J-S, Kang, "The Causal Relationships among Educare Teachers' Empowerment, Burnout, and Job Satisfaction." Korea Journal of Child Care and Education, Vol. 54, pp. 79-98, 2008.
- A. W. Hoy, "Changes in Teacher Efficacy: During the Early Years of Teaching." Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New Orleans, LA, April 28, 2000.
- I. S. Han & H. J. Kim, "A study on the relationship between child care center teacher's job satisfaction and burnout." The Korean Association of Child Care and Education, Vol. No. 14, pp. 171-218, 1998.
- S. H. Lee, Y. S. Park, "A study on child care teacher's efficacy and job satisfaction." Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 31-50, 2007.
- J. J. Lee, H, M. Kim, "Influence of Teachers Self-efficacy on Job Satisfaction : Analysis by Comparing Public and Private Child Care Centers." Journal of Korean Child Care and Education, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 101-120, 2012.
- B-J, Kang, Y-S, Paik, "The relationships between teachers' burn out and teacher-young children interactions in the mediating effects instructional creativity and teaching efficacy of day care center teachers." Korean Joural of Children's Media, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp.145-168, 2013.
- H-R Jung, A-R Son, Y-J. Yun, S-H. Lee, S-B. Lee, J-A. In, K-H Kang, "Study on self-development needs, job satisfaction, self-efficacy by general characteristics of dental hygienist", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp 231-239, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.231
- S-H. Lee, Y-S. Park. "A Study on Child Care Teachers' Efficacy and Job Satisfaction." The Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 31-50, 2007.
- D-K. Moon. "A Meta-regression Analysis on related Protective Variables of Childcare Teacher's Turnover." Journal of Korean Child Care and Education, Vol. 8. No. 1. pp. 25-44, 2012.
- N. J. Allen, J. P. Meyer. "The measurement and antecedents of affective, continuance and normative commitment to the organization." Journal of Occupational Psychology, Vol. 63, 1-18, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1990.tb00506.x
- K-A. Lee, "Analysis of relationship between happiness of early childhood teachers and rheir job related wariables : Based on job satisfaction, teacher efficacy, role perporming ability, turnover intention." Ph.D. dissertation, Dong-eui University, 2010.
- K-H, Lee. " A Study on the Correlation of School Organizational Health to Teacher Job Satisfaction." Master's dissertation, Kyung Hee University, 2002.
- A-Y. Kim, M-J. Kim. "Validation of Teacher-Efficacy Scale." The Korean Journal of Educational Psycholgy, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 37-58, 2004.
- J-H. Yang. "The Relations of Stress, Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Turnover Intention in Medical Technicians." Journal of Digital Convergence. Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 233-241, 2016.
- B-M. Bang, S-Y. Lee, J-O. Cheong. "Empirical study on the turn-over intention of university hospital nurses." Journal of Digital Convergence. Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 205-213, 2015.
- K-H, Shin. " The Effects of Workplace Incivility, Burnout and Teacher Efficacy on Job Satisfaction in Nursery Teachers." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 371-381, 2016.
- J. J. Lee, H. M. Kim, "Influence of Teachers Self-efficacy on Job Satisfaction : Analysis by Comparing Public and Private Child Care Centers." Journal of Korean Child Care and Education, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 101-120, 2012.
- S. J. Lim, E. J. Yeo, H. W. Lee, "The effects of job satisfaction, self-efficacy, and organizational commitment on child-care teacher's happiness." Korean Journal of Early Childhood Education, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 301-318, 2013. https://doi.org/10.18023/kjece.2013.33.3.013
- S-Y. Kim. "The Influence of Career, Burnout, and Play-teaching Efficacy on the Job Satisfaction of Childcare Teachers." Korean Journal of Childcare and Education, Vol. 115, No. 1 481-499, 2015
- H-S, Choe. "The Causal Relations Model of Intention to Leave of Day Care Center teacher in Korea: Focusing on Mediating Effects of Burnout." Journal of Future Early Childhood Education, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 111-118, 2015.
- H-S Yoo. "Structural Relations among ChildCare Teachers' Job Stress, Teacher Efficacy, Organizational Commitment ,Burn-out, and Turnover Intention." Ph.D. dissertation, Keimyung University 2013.
- S. Min. H-S. Kim, H-Y. Kim, Y-J. Ha, E-A. Kim, G-H. Kim. 'The Effect of Quality Cognition(usage, medical information, aesthetic, safety) of the Web Site of the Facility Hospital on Customer Loyalty (moderating role of trust)." Korean journal of hospital management, Vol. 16, No. 2 pp. 1-18, 2011.
- M-J, Jung, K-H. Yoon. "The Effectiveness of a Group Counseling Program to Improve Teachers' Sense of Efficacy." Teacher Education Research, Vol. 55, No. 1, pp. 93-107, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15812/ter.55.1.201603.93
- D-M. Kim. "The Effects of the Brain Education Meditation Program on Self-Regulated Learning Ability and the Academic Self-Efficacy of Elementary School Students." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 205-213, 2015.