- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Management Behavior in Hypertension and Diabetes of Rural Adults in Korea
일 농촌지역 성인의 고혈압과 당뇨병 관리 행태
- Lee, Hyun-Sook (Dept. of Health Administration, Kongju National University) ;
- Hong, Seong-Ae (Dept. of Health Administration, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2016.11.29
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
The purpose of this study was to analyze the management behavior in patients with hypertension and diabetes through the total inspection of a specific rural area. Data was collected through self-administered questionnaires from May 19th to September 21st in 2014. As the result, Among 355 (36.6%) patients who were diagnosed with hypertension, 337 (94.9%) were currently undergoing treatment, and among 109 (11.2%) patients who were diagnosed with diabetes mellitus, 96 (80.1%) were currently undergoing treatment. Among the total of 211 people in hypertension potential risk group, 89 (42.2%) were diagnosed with hypertension, and among the total of 356 people in hypertension potential risk group, 78 (22.0%) were diagnosed with diabetes mellitus. In conclusion, from the results of the analysis, we suggest that effective national strategies for prevention and management for patients with hypertension and diabetes should be established and implemented.
- B. Chan, P. Coyte, C. Heick, "Economic Impact of Cardiovascular Disease in Canada," Canadian Journal of Cardiology, Vol. 12, No. 10, pp. 1000-1006, 1996.
- Jordi Alonso, Montserrat Ferrer, Barbara Gandek, John E. Ware, Jr. Neil K. Aaronson, Paola Mosconi, Niels K. Rasmussen, Monika Bullinger, Shunichi Fukuhara, Stein Kaasa, Alain Leplege and The IQOLA Project Group, "Health-Related Quality of Life Associated with Chronic Conditions in Eight Countries: Results from the International Quality of Life Assessment (IQOLA) Project", Quality of life research, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 283-298, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:QURE.0000018472.46236.05
- K. Chartier, "The Economic Impact of Childhood Obesity", Nephrology News & Issues. Vol. 18, No. 11, pp. 40-41, 2004.
- N. Friedman, and E. L. Fanning, "Overweight and obesity: an overview of prevalence, clinical impact, and economic impact," Dis. Manag. Suppl 1:S1-6, 2004.
- I. Kalsekar, J. Kavookjian, S. Iyer, R. Rajagopalan, V. Pawar, R. Mody. "Economic Impact of Cardiovascular Co-Morbidity in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes," J Diabetes Complications. Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 75-83, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdiacomp.2006.02.005
- R. A. Hamond, R. Levine, "The Economic Impact of Obesity in the United States". Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes., Vol. 3, pp. 285-295, 2010. https://doi.org/10.2147/DMSO.S7384
- C. Li, L. S. Balluz, C. A Okoro, et all, "Surveillance of Certain Health Behaviors and Conditions among States and Selected Local Areas - Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, United States. 2009" Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, Surveillance Summaries, Vol. 60, No. 9, pp. 1-252. 2011.
- M Epstein, J R Sowers, "Diabetes Mellitus and Hypertension," Hypertension, Vol. 19, pp. 403-418. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.HYP.19.5.403
- The National High Blood Pressure Education Program Working Group, "National High Blood Pressure Education Program Working Group Report on Hypertension in Diabetes," Hypertension, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 145-158, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.HYP.23.2.145
- Ministry of Health and Welfare.Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, "Korean National Health and Nutrition Survey in 2011, Korea", 2012.
- K. G. Alberti, P. Zimmet, J. Shaw, "Metabolic syndrome: A new world-wide Definition: A Consensus Statement from the International Diabetes Federation", Diabe. Med., Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 469-480, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-5491.2006.01858.x
- W. T. Friedewald, R. I. Levy, D. S. Fredrickson, "Estimation of the Concentration of Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol in Plasma without Use of the Preparative Ultracentrifuge," Clin. Chem., Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 499-502, 1972.
- Dahye Park, Eunhee Jang, "Convergence Factors Related to Glycemic Control in Workers with Diabetes Mellitus : using the Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2009-2013", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 95-103, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.095
- S. D. Hsieh, & H. Yoshinaga, "Waist/height Ratio as a Simple and Useful Predictor of Coronary Heart Disease Risk Factors in Women," Intern. Med., Vol. 34, No. 12. pp. 1147-1152. 1995 https://doi.org/10.2169/internalmedicine.34.1147
- S. D. Hsieh, H. Yoshinaga, "Abdominal Fat Distribution and Coronary Heart Disease Risk Factors in Men-Waist/Height Ratio as a Simple and Useful Predictor," Int. J. Obes. Relat. Metab. Disord., Vol. 19, No. 8 pp. 585-589, 1995.
- Sang-Gyun Roh, Jee-Hee Kim, "Acute Cerebro-vascular Accident in Korea", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 23-28, 2012.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, "Annual Report of Health and Welfare Statistical Yearbook, Korea", 2012,
- Ministry of Health and Welfare.Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, "Korean national health and nutrition survey in 2013, Korea", 2014,
- Behavior management in the field of nursing: A concept analysis pp.00296473, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1111/nuf.12275