- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Anti-bacteria effect of green tea, mulberry, and mate leaves extracts on S. mutans
녹차잎, 뽕잎, 마테잎 추출물이 S. mutans에 미치는 항균효과
- Kim, Sung-Sook (Dept. of Dentistry, Konyang University Hospital) ;
- Won, Ji-Hye (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Collage of Medical Science, Konyang University) ;
- Lee, Go-Eun (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Collage of Medical Science, Konyang University) ;
- Lee, Ru-Ri (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Collage of Medical Science, Konyang University) ;
- Lee, Sun-Mi (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Collage of Medical Science, Konyang University) ;
- Lee, Jin-Hee (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Collage of Medical Science, Konyang University) ;
- Kang, Kyung-hee (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Collage of Medical Science, Konyang University)
- 김성숙 (건양대학교병원 치과) ;
- 원지혜 (건양대학교 의과학대학 치위생학과) ;
- 이고은 (건양대학교 의과학대학 치위생학과) ;
- 이루리 (건양대학교 의과학대학 치위생학과) ;
- 이선미 (건양대학교 의과학대학 치위생학과) ;
- 이진희 (건양대학교 의과학대학 치위생학과) ;
- 강경희 (건양대학교 의과학대학 치위생학과)
- Received : 2016.11.01
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
This study aims to figure out how green tea leaves, mulberry leaves, and mate leaves that are often taken around in drinking tea influence on S. mutans known as dental caries causative bacteria. After vaccinating 1% of S. mutans on the extract added badge and incubating 6 hours and 10 hours in
- Hahn CL, Falkler WA, Jr, Minah GE, "Microbiological studies of carious dentine from human teeth with irreversible pulpitis." Arch Oral Biol, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 147-153 ,1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-9969(91)90077-8
- Lee SS, Zhang W, Li Y, "The antimicrobial potential of 14 natural herbal dentifrices: Results of an in vitro diffusion method study." J Am Dent Assoc, Vol 135, pp. 1133-1141 ,2004. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2004.0372
- Adria FA, Zidan OA. "Natural products for dental caries prevention." J Med Food, Vol. 7, pp. 381-384 ,2004 https://doi.org/10.1089/jmf.2004.7.381
- Yoo Hyun Hwang, Jeong Weon Yoon. "The Effects of extracts of Formitopsis pinicola on the dental caries pathogens." Journal of the Korean academy of dental health, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 193-204 ,2007.
- Eun Soo Sohn, "Proceedings of 2004 KIChE and KSIEC Meeting : Domestic R&D trend analysis of functional food using medical plants." Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 470-473 ,2003
- Da Hong Lee, Hyeon Hee Yu, Su Young Jung, Hea Dalma Moon, Su Min Kim, Byung Hun Jeon, Yong Ouk You, "Anticariogenic Properties of the Ethanol Extract of Tribuli fructus against Streptococcus mutans." Journal of physiology & pathology in Korean Medicine, Vol. .21, No. 5, pp. 1148-1153 ,2007
- Jong-Soo MOK, Ki-Cheol SONG, Nack-JOONG CHOI and Ho-Shik YANG. "Antibacterial Effect of Cinnamon (Cinnamomum cassia) Bark Extract against Fish Pathogenic Bacteria." J. Korean Fish, Soc. Vol. 34, No. 5, pp. 545-549 ,2001.
- Kwang Hak Bae, Byung Jin Lee, Yun Kyung Jang, Byung Ryeul Lee, Won Jae Lee, Duk Soo Chang, Hyock Soo Moon, Dai Il Paik, Johng Bai Kim. "The effect of mouthrinse products containing sodium fluoride, cetylpyridinium chloride(CPC), pine leaf extracts and green tea extracts on the plaque, gingivitis, dental caries and halitosis." J Korean Acad Dent Health, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 51-59 ,2001.
- Rousff RL, Martin SF, Youtsey CO: Quantitative survey of narirutin, naringin, hesperidin and neohesperidin in citrus, J Agric Food Chem, 35: 1027-1030, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00078a040
- Mosci F, Perito S, Bassa S, Capuano A. "The role of Stretococcus mutans in human caries." Minerva Stomatol, Vol. 39, pp. 413-429 ,1990.
- Hee-Don Choi, Yoon-Jeoung Koh, In-Wook Choi, Yun-Sook kim and Yong-kon Park, "Anticariogenic Activity and Glucosyltransferase Inhibitory Effects of Extracts from Pine Needle and Twig." KOREAN J. FOOD SCL TECHNOL, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 336-341 ,2007.
- Lim SH, Seo JS, Yoon YJ, Kim KW, Yoo SY, Kim HS, Kook JK, Lee BR, Cha JH, Park JY, "Ettect of Leaf-Extract from Camellia sinensis and Seed-Extract from Casia tora on Viability of Mutans Streptococci isolated from the interface between orthodontic brackets and tooth surfaces." The Korean Journal of Orthod, Vol. 33, No. 5, pp. 381-389 ,2003.
- Kwang Jin Son, Soon Aeh Lee, Gee Don Lee, Young Sam Kim, Jae Gyu Jeon, Kee Wan Chang, "Effects of crude Sanguisorba officinalis L. extract on the growth and the adherence to hydroxyapatite beads of mutans streptococci." J Korean Acad Dent Health, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 97-104 ,2004.
- Heui Sam Lee, Sun Yeou Kim, Ho Jung Jeon, Sang Duk Lee, Jae Yoo Moon, Ae Jung Kim, Won Chu Lee, Kang Sun Ryu, "Growth inhibitory Effect of Clostridium perfringens for Catechins sparated from Mulberry Leaf." Korean J Seric, Vol. 42, pp. 6-9 ,2000.
- Hirasawa M, Takada K, Otake S, "Inhibition of acid production in dental plaque bacteria by green tea catechins." Caries Res, Vol. 40, pp. 265-270 ,2006. https://doi.org/10.1159/000092236
- Sun-Yeou Kim, Won-Chu Lee, Hyun-Bok Kim, Ae-Jung Kim, Soon-Kyung Kim, "Antihyperlipidemic Effects of Methanol Extracts from Mulberry Leaves in Cholesterol - Induced Hyperlipidemia Rats." Korean Journal of Food Science, Vol. 27, pp. 1217-1222 ,1999.
- Hattori M, Kusumoto IT, Namba T, Ishigami, T, Hara Y, "Effect of tea polyphenols on glucan synthesis by glucosyltransferase from Streptococcus mutans." Chem Pharm Bull Tokyo, Vol. 38, pp. 717-720 ,1990. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.38.717
- Matsumoto M, Minami T, Sasaki H, sobue S, Hamada S, Ooshima T, "Inhibitory effects of oolong tea extract on caries-inducing properties of mutans streptococci." Caries Res, Vol. 33, pp. 441-445 ,1999. https://doi.org/10.1159/000016549
- Tae Hyun Youm , Heung Bin Lim, "Antimicrobial Activities of Organic Extracts from Fruit of Thuja orientalis L." Korean J. Medicinal Crop Sci, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 315-322 ,2010.
- Young Kim, Jae Woo Jung, Kang Mo Gu, Joo Young Lee, Jin Se Kim, Sang Won Yoon, Jae Chol Choi, Jong Wook Shin, Jae Yeol Kim, In Won Park, Byoung Whui Choi, "A Case of Recurrent Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis with Weak Asthmatic Symptoms Department of Internal Medicine." Chung-Ang University College of Medicine , Vol. 120, pp. 240-241, 2015.
- So-Yeon Jin, "Quality Characteristics and Antioxidant Activities of Maejakgwa added Mulberry Leaf Powder." Dept. of Traditional Dietary Life Food, Graduate School, Sookmyung Women's University, pp. 140-742 ,2013.
- Nihal Turkmen, Ferda Sari, Y. Sedat Velioglu ."Effects of extraction solvents on concentration and antioxidant activity of black and black mate tea polyphenols determined by ferrous tartrate and Folin-Ciocalteu methods." Food Chemistry, Vol. 99, No. 4, pp. 835-841, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2005.08.034
- vol.42, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2018.42.4.210