- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Relationship Between Rudeness, Burnout, Major Satisfaction and Self-efficacy which Nursing Students Experience During Clinical Practice
임상실습 중 간호대학생이 경함하는 무례함, 소진, 전공만족도 및 자기효능감과의 관계
- Jeon, Mi-Kyung (Dept. of Nursing, Munkyung University) ;
- Oh, Jae-Woo (Dept. of Nursing, Chungbuk Health & Science University)
- Received : 2016.11.30
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
This study was conducted for nursing students and was attempted to find out the relationship between rudeness, major satisfaction, self-efficacy and burnout which they experience during clinical practice and provide the basic data for the qualitative clinical practice. This study, as a correlation survey study, was conducted for 210 senior nursing students who experienced clinical practice and who were in a nursing department, and data was collected from Oct 1, 2016 to Oct 15, 2016. The data was analyzed with Correlation Coefficient and regression using SPSS Program 20.0. It was revealed that the burnout of nursing students was affected by rudeness, major satisfaction, and self-efficacy. In conclusion, it is necessary to establish the reporting system which is connected to hospitals, students, and clinical practice leaders and hospital administrators and improve the system.
- Brammer, J. D., "RN as gatkeeper : Student understanding of the RN buddy role in clinical practiceexperience." Nurse Education in Practice, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 389-396, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2006.07.013
- S. L. Kim, J. E. Lee, "Relationship among Stress Coping Strategies, and Self-esteem in Nursing Students Taking Clinical Experience." The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 98-106, 2005.
- Andersson, L. M., Pearson, C. M. "Tit for that the spiraling effect of incivility in the workplace." Academy of Management Review, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 452-471, 1999. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1999.2202131
- Curtis, J., Bowen, I., Reid, A. You have no credibility: nursing students" experiences of horizontal violence." Nurse Education in Practice, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 156-163, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2006.06.002
- Anthony, M., Yastik, J., "Student nurses' expriences with incivility clinical education." Journal of Nursing Education, Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 140-144, 2011. https://doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20110131-04
- Palaz, S., "Turkish nursing students' perceptions and experiences of bullying behavior in nursing education." Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 23-30, 2013.
- Hu, Q., Schaufeli, W. B., "The factorial valdity of the maslach burnout inventory-student survey in China." Psychological Reports, Vol. 105, No. 2, pp. 394-408, 2009. https://doi.org/10.2466/PR0.105.2.394-408
- Gibbons, C., "Stress, coping and burn-out in nursing studens." Internatoinal Journal of nursing Studies, Vol. 47, No. 10, pp. 1299-1309, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2010.02.015
- D. J. Oh, C. J. Choi, B. E. Kwon, Y. H. Park, "The Effects of Image of Nurses on Professional Socialization Among Nursing Students." The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 62-72, 2005.
- Bandura, A. "Self-Efficacy : Toward a unifying theory of behavioral chane." Psychological Rewiew, Vol. 82, No. 2, pp. 191-215, 1977.
- K. H. Park, "The Influence of Learned helplessness and Failure Tolerance of Life long Learners on Academic Achievement and Job Performance." Korea Knowledge Management Society. Vol. 14, pp. 335-352, 2005.
- K. H. Kim, G. D. Kim, "The Relationship between Critical Thinking Disposition and Self-Efficacy of College Nursing Students." The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 229-236, 2007.
- Babenko-Mould, Y., Laschinger, H. K., "Effects of incivility in clinical practice settings on nursing student burnout." Internatoinal Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 145-154, 2014.
- Y. K. Hong, "Incivility experienced by nursing student, coping, and burnout in clinical practice." Master's thesis, Pusan National University, 2016.
- Schaufeli, W. B., Martinez, I. M., Pinto, A. M., Salanova, M., Bakker, A. B., "Burnout and engagement in university students." Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, Vol. 33, No. 5, pp. 229-236, 2002.
- K. H. Kim, H. S. Ha, " A Study of Department Satisfaction Factors of Undergraduate Students." Korea Journal of Counseling, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp.7-20, 2000.
- S. M. Park, "The Effects of Major-related Job-esteem of university students majoring in Hospitality on Major satisfaction and Career decision level." Master's thesis, Sejong University, 2011.
- A. S. Jung, "A Study on the Relations Between a Health Promoting Behaviors and Self-efficacy in General Hospital nurse." Master's thesis, Hanyang University, 2007.
- S. H. Kim, H. J. Cho, J. H. Dong, J. M. An, B. R. Yun, G. Y. Lee, J. Y. Lee, H. M. Lee, H. I. Jang, "Verbal Abuse, Verbal Abuse Response, and Stress on Verbal Abuse of Nursing Student in Clinical Training." Journal of Social Science, Vol. 10, 2011.
- S. R. Le, "Nurse Image, Satisfaction of Major effect on Nursing Professionalism of Male Students in Nursing." A master's thesis, Ajou University, 2011.
- D. Barron, E. West, R. Reeves, "Tied to the job: Affective and relational components of nurse retention." Journal of Health Services Research & Poicy, Vol. 12, pp. 46-51, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1258/135581907780318419
- S. J. Whang, "The Relationship between Clinical Stress, Self-Efficacy, and Self-Esteem of Nursing College Students." The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 205-213, 2006.
- N. H. Kim, K. W. Kim, "Self-Efficacy, Self-Concept of Professional Nursing, and Clinical Practice Satisfaction to Clinical Practice Education in Nursing Students." The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 41-51, 2011. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2011.5.4.041
- H. Y. Hwan, "The Relationship Among Self-Efficacy, Attitude of Patient Safety, and Safety Care Performance, in Nursing Students." Master's thesis, Keimyung University, 2015.
- C. M. Hong, "The Relationship between burnout using MBI-SS and mental health in nursing students." Asia-Pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 353-362, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2015.08.71
- Rudman, A., Gustavsson, J. P., "Burnout dursing nursing educatin predicts lower occupational preparedness and future clinical perfomance: a longitudinal study." Internatoinal Journal of Nursing Studies, Vol. 49, No. 8, pp. 988-1001, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2012.03.010
- S. Y. Kim, J. K. Kim, K. O. Park, "Path Analysis for Workplace Incivility, Empowerment, Burnout, and Organizational Commitment of Hospital Nurses." Journal of Acad Nurs Adm, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 555-564, 2013. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.5.555
- K. A. Chung, J. H. Cho, "Differences between Major Satisfaction, University Life Adjustment, Self-Esteem and Career Identity according to the Time of Department Selection of Students in the Department of Occupational Therapy at One University" Journal of the Korea Convergence Society. Vol. 6, No.5, 143-155, 2015 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.143
- H. J. Lee, "Convergence Study on Nursing Students' Stress and Satisfaction with Clinical Practice." Journal of the Korea Convergence Society Vol. 7. No. 4, pp. 75-83, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.075