- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Income-related differences in cancer screening in Korea : Based on the 6th(2014) Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
소득수준에 따른 암 검진 이용현황 분석: 2014년 국민건강영양조사 자료를 중심으로
- Lim, Ji-Hye (Dept. of Healthcare management, Youngsan University)
- 임지혜 (영산대학교 의료경영학과)
- Received : 2016.12.01
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
This study aims to identify factors to affect cancer screening utilization and differences in cancer screening by household income. This research selected 3,393 adults aged
Supported by : Youngsan University
- Jong-Ho Heo, Jong-Nam Hwang, "Income-related inequalities: in cancer screening", Health and Social welfare review, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 59-81, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2014.34.3.59
- National Cancer Center, "Cancer facts & figures 2014", 2014.
- Korea Central Cancer Registry, "Annual report of cancer statistics in korea in 2012", 2014.
- National Health Insurance Corporation, "2014 National Health Screening Statistical Yearbook", 2015, 12.
- Ministry of Health Welfare and Family Affairs, "The 2009 national cancer screening program information; 2009", http://www.mw.go.kr (October 10, 2010)
- K. S. Choi, E. C. Park, H. R. Shin, C. M. Kim, D. K. Oh, "National cancer screening program in Korea", Journal of Korea Association of Cancer Prevention, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 116-122, 2004.
- J. G. Yang, M. S. Park, Y. H. Lee, "A study on influence factors of quality of life and health behavior of cancer patients for the PHR service", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 249-256, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.249
- Rock-Bum Kim, Ki-Soo Park, Dae-yong Hong, Cheol-Heon Lee, Jang-Rak Kim, "Factors associated with cancer screening intention in eligible persons for national cancer screening program", Journal Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 62-72, 2010. https://doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2010.43.1.62
- M. S. Kwak, E. C. Park, J. Y. Bang, N. Y. Sung, J. Y. Lee, K. S. Choi, "Factors associated with cancer screening participation, Korea", Journal Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Vol. 38, No. 4, pp. 473-481, 2005.
- S. J. Katz, T. P. Hoper, "Socioeconomic disparities in preventive care persist despite universal coverage: breast and cervical cancer screening in Ontario and the United States", JAMA, Vol. 272, No. 7, pp. 530-534, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1994.03520070050037
- V. Lorant, B. Boland, P. Humblet, D. Dehege, "Equity in prevention and healthcare", Journal Epidemiology Community Health, Vol. 56, No. 7, pp. 510-516, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1136/jech.56.7.510
- J. G. Zapka, A. M. Stoddard, M. E. Costanza, H. L. Greene, "Breast cancer screening by mammography: utilization and associated factors", American Journal of Public Health, Vol. 79, No. 11, pp. 1499-1502, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.79.11.1499
- M .K. Kim, E. W. Nam, K. N. Jin, "The factors influencing the odds of cancer examination in Wonju city", Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 85-97, 2006.
- Yun-Hwa Ko, "Physical activity, social support and participation of women knowledge about cervical cancer screening, the screening attitude multiplicative influence of cervical cancer screening", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 439-449, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.439
- Yong-Chul Lee, Bock-Hee Im, Young-Hee Park, "The determinants and comparison of health behavior and health service by private medical insurance and national health nutrition survey", Journal of the Korea contents association, Vol. 10, No. 12, pp. 190-204, 2010.
- Young-Il Jung, Hong-Soo Kim, Dae-Sung Choi, "Factors associated with cancer screening among Korean adults: A literature review", Korean Journal of Health Promotion, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 185-194, 2010.
- E. J. Kim, I. O. Moon, "A study on middle aged peoples compliance for preventive health behavior of cancer", Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 9-31, 1987.
- Y. I. Kim, C. H. Lee, S. H. Yang, H. S. Jung, "Factors affecting early detection behaviors of breast cancer", Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 155-164, 2004.
- Mi-Hwa Lee, Sang-Hyun Kim, "Breast cancer screening rates-related factors Korea women ever considering area environmental characteristics: The fourth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey(KNHANES IV)", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 437-449, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.437
- J. W. Lee, S. Y. Ahn, K. H. Kim, "Study on factors that influence cancer screening rate in urban and rural areas", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10 No. 2, pp. 269-278, 2012. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.2.269
- B. H. Im, H. S. Choi, "Determination factors and satisfaction of health screening center by health examination at hospital", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 457-467, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.12.457
- G. C. Yang, K. M. Cho, "A way for maximum use of cancer risk assessment system CARA", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 121-126, 2012. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.3.121
- H. W. Baik, M. Kim, "The relation between comprehensive health needs of cancer patient and the quality of life", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 477-484, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.12.477
- Sung-Hyun Mun, "Convergence Study on Factors that Influence Cancer Screening Rate in Korea and Japan", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 247-253, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.247