- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Survey and Improvement Scheme for Clinical Practice of Emergency Medical Technology Students in the Convergence Society
융복합 사회에서 응급구조(학)과 학생들의 임상실습 실태조사 및 개선방안
- Jung, Sang-Woo (Department of Emergency Medical Technology, Dongnam Health University)
- 정상우 (동남보건대학교 응급구조과)
- Received : 2016.10.26
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
This study aims to suggest the improvement plan for clinical practice after examining the reality and the situation of clinical practice of EMT students. Clinical practice is as important as right to a variety of job experience in the convergence society and heating up according to appearance of NCS. Subjects were 115 EMT students. Data were collected for Jun. 16-17(2016), and analyzed by SPSS v. 18.0. Sophomores, who experienced only ER have a negative view about their future job prospect. On the other hand, juniors, who experienced ER and 119 rescue team have not virtually changed the way they view their future job prospect, supposedly due to the halo effect of the 119 rescue team clinical practices. Both groups wish to have opportunities to experience diverse clinical practices. This study suggests that will help students have a positive view about their job prospects by providing clinical practice institutions and solve the problem of difficulty in getting jobs.
- Kim SS. "A Study on the Curriculum of Emergency Medical Technology in Korea." Korean J Emerg Med Ser, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 17-59, 2009.
- National Emergency Medical Center. "2015 Emergency Medical Service Statistical Yearbook", p47, 2015.
- National Emergency Medical Center. "2015 Emergency Medical Service Statistical Yearbook", p58, 2015.
- Lee OH. "The Work and Job Satisfaction of Paramedics in the Emergency Room of University Hospitals." Korean J Emerg Med Ser, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 47-63, 2011.
- Huh JI, Park JM. "Work and job satisfaction of military emergency medical technicians." Korean J Emerg Med Ser, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 33-49, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2015.19.3.033
- Yoon JG, Lee YH, Jung JY. "Emergency Medical Technician's Works within Hospital at Partial Areas." Korean J Emerg Med Ser, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 21-28, 2005.
- Kim SM, Jung MS. "Role of Emergency Medical Technician(EMT) in Hospital." Korean J Emerg Med Ser, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 31-34, 2000.
- Kwon HR. "Study on Reality of Field Practice and Improvements by Students of Dep. of Emergency Medical Technology." Korean J Emerg Med Ser, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 15-26, 2002.
- Choi SS, Park J, Ryu SY, Han MA. "Current status of clinical practice and associated factors with satisfaction among students in the department of Emergency Medical Service." Korean J Emerg Med Ser, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 9-22, 2012. https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2012.16.2.009
- Song SY, Han MA. "Factors related to empowerment of paramedic students who experienced clinical practice." Korean J Emerg Med Ser, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 17-30, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2016.20.1.017
- Choi SS. "Clinical Practice Satisfaction in the Department of Emergency Medical Service." Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 759-767, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.2.759
- Nam MH, Kim HO. "Relations between Clinical practice Emotional labor, Self esteem and Major Satisfaction of among Nursing Students." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 263-273, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.1.263
- Song JH, Kim MW. "Study on Clinical Education for Nursing in Hospitals in Korea." The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 251-264, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.251
- Lee JR, Lee HR, Kim KS, Kang GA. "Current Status of Community Health Nursing Practicum in Bachelor Program in Korea." Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 26-37, 2006.
- Lee HS, Noh JS, Cha JJ, Kim SR, Kim SG, Park SG et al. "The change of awareness of decision on employment through the fieldwork for occupational therapy students." The Journal of Korean Society of Occupational Therapy, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 107-120, 2010.
- Jung MA, Kim SS. "Ethical Values of EMT Students." Korean J Emerg Med Ser, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 21-32, 2006.
- Park SM, Choi ES, Kim MS, Lee GY. "Career Choice and Employment Preparation Condition for EMT Students." Korean J Emerg Med Ser, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 65-78, 2011.
- Kim YJ. "An analysis of consumption behavior and consumption problem according to the digital convergence." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 149-156, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.2.149
- Hwang SW. "Study on Changes and Characteristics in the convergence era furniture design." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp. 437-446, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.437
- Lee SW, Cho YE, Lee KS. "The Role of justice and organizational citizenship behaviour in the relation between measurement diversity and managerial performance." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 11, pp. 219-231, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.219
- Ko KI. "A Critical analysis of NCS-based Curriculum." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 69-82, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.8.69
- Hong SG, Koh BY, Lee JE. "Curriculum development and operation methods based on national competency standards (NCS) in the department of emergency medical technology." Korean J Emerg Med Ser, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 83-97, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2015.19.2.083
- Park JM, Kim SS. "Comparison study of satisfaction levels on Field Practice of EMT college students by 5 Practice Fields." Korean J Emerg Med Ser, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 7-25, 1998.
- Park DS, Nam KW. "A Correlation Study on the Relationship between Motivation for Achievement and Satisfaction on Clinical Practice in EMT students." Korean J Emerg Med Ser, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 47-64, 2007.
- Park CS, Cho KJ. "Effects of job insecurity and job engagement on turnover intention of paramedics in emergency medical institutions." Korean J Emerg Med Ser, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 51-69, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2015.19.2.051
- Hwang SH, Uhm DC. "Factors influencing the image about emergency medical technology jobs in paramedic students." Korean J Emerg Med Ser, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 63-75, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2014.18.3.063
- Han HH. "A Study of Convergence on Frequency of Performance, Self-Confidence, Performance Assessment Scores of Core Nursing Skills of Nursing Students." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 355-362, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.355
- Park HH, Lee GO, Kim SO. "A study on the Participation Motivation of Clinical Nurses in Job Training." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 319-329, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.319