- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of a Cardiac Arrest Supporting System Using Wearable Device
웨어러블 기기를 사용한 심정지 환자 지원 시스템의 설계 및 구현
- Jang, Jin-Soo (BK21PLUS Program in Embodiment: Health-Society Interaction, Department of Health Science, Graduate School, Korea University) ;
- Lee, Seo-Joon (BK21PLUS Program in Embodiment: Health-Society Interaction, Department of Health Science, Graduate School, Korea University) ;
- Lee, Kwang-In (Department of Health Science, Graduate School, Korea University) ;
- Lee, Tae-Ro (BK21PLUS Program in Embodiment: Health-Society Interaction, School of Health Policy & Management, Korea University)
- 장진수 (고려대학교 대학원 보건과학과 BK21플러스 인간생명-사회환경 상호작용융합사업단) ;
- 이서준 (고려대학교 대학원 보건과학과 BK21플러스 인간생명-사회환경 상호작용융합사업단) ;
- 이광인 (고려대학교 대학원 보건과학과) ;
- 이태노 (고려대학교 대학원 보건과학과 BK21플러스 인간생명-사회환경상호작용융합사업단 보건정책관리학부)
- Received : 2016.11.10
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
Cardiac arrest is a serious intensive emergency disease that causes death within less than several minutes by depriving the body and brain of blood supply. Survival rate of cardiac arrest patients outside of hospitals is especially low. This is because pedestrians usually do not perceive the patient as a sick person, also, even if they do so, they have no medical knowledge to properly react to such emergency. The purpose of this study is to propose a solution that uses widely spread smart phones to alert pedestrians of the cardiac arrest patient, prevents cardiac arrest, and provides first-aid measures. By applying the proposed solution, cardiac arrest can be prevented in advance, pedestrians can be alerted to keep the golden time(4 minutes), and first witness can quickly proceed with CPR, ultimately enhancing the survival rate of the cardiac arrest patient.
- Hyun Joo Kang, Jin Hee Jung, Eun Kyung Eo, Hyun A Bae, "Original Articles : A Retrospective Analysis to Determine Criteria for Termination of Resuscitation (TOR) for a Patient with an Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest (OHCA) who Presents at the Emergency Department (ED)", The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, Vol.21 No.5, 546-553, 2010.
- Ro YS, Shin SD, Song KJ, Lee EJ, Kim JY, Ahn KO, Chung SP, Kim YT, Hong SO, Choi JA, Hwang SO, Oh DJ, Park CB, Suh GJ, Cho SI, Hwang SS, "A trend in epidemiology and outcomes of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest by urbanization level: a nationwide observational study from 2006 to 2010 in South Korea", Resuscitation, Vol.84, No.5 : 547-557, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2012.12.020
- SD Shin, "The Report of Cardiac Arrest Cohort. Ministry of Health and Welfare", Korean Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Vol.11, No 2, 2009
- Roger, V. L., A. S. Go, D. M. Lloyd-Jones, E. J. Benjamin, J. D. Berry, W. B. Borden, D. M. Bravata, S. Dai, E. S. Ford, and C. S. Fox, "Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics-2012 Update-a Report from the American Heart Association", Circulation, Vol.125 No.1: 188-197, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e3182456d46
- Nichol G, Thomas E, Callaway CW, Hedges J, Powell JL, Aufderheide TP, et al, "Regional variation in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest incidence and outcome", JAMA, Vol.300, No.12: 1423-31, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.300.12.1423
- Grenvik, A., & Safar, P, "Brain failure and resuscitation", Churchill Livingstone, 1981.
- Won, J. S., & Go, D. Y, "Veridication on Golden Time of Cardiac Arrest", Korean review of crisis and emergency management, Vol.12, No.7, 131-148, 2016.
- Koh, B. Y., & Park, Y. S, "Clinical Characteristics and Prehospital care in Prehospital Cardiac Arrest Patients by Paramedic's Reports", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.11, No.4, 1540-1546, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.4.1540
- Choi, J. A, "Result of Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Surveillance. 2006-2010", Public Health Weekly Report, KCDC, Vol.5, No.41, 777-82, 2012.
- Rea, T. D., Fahrenbruch, C., Culley, L., Donohoe, R. T., Hambly, C., Innes, J,. & Eisenberg, M. S, "CPR with chest compression alone or with rescue breathing", New England Journal of Medicine, Vol.363, No.5, 423-433, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa0908993
- KI LEE, HS Oh, "Concept Analysis of Cardiac Arrest : Identifying the Critical Attributes and Empirical Indicators", The Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, Vol.26, No.5, 573-583, 2010.
- Marijon, E., Uy-Evanado, A., Dumas, F., Karam, N., Reinier, K., Teodorescu, C., ... & Chugh, S. S, "Warning symptoms are associated with survival from sudden cardiac arrest", Annals of internal medicine, Vol.164, No.1, 23-29, 2016. https://doi.org/10.7326/M14-2342
- Zipes, D. P., & Wellens, H. J, "Sudden cardiac death", Circulation, Vol.98, No.21, 2334-2351, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.98.21.2334
- Chiti, F., Fantacci, R., Archetti, F., Messina, E., & Toscani, D, "An integrated communications framework for context aware continuous monitoring with body sensor networks", IEEE Journal on selected Areas in Communications, Vol.27, No.4, 379-386, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2009.090503
- Wood, A. D., Stankovic, J. A., Virone, G., Selavo, L., He, Z., Cao, Q., ... & Stoleru, R, "Context-aware wireless sensor networks for assisted living and residential monitoring" IEEE network, Vol.22, No.4, 26-33, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/MNET.2008.4579768
- Lee, S. J., Sim, H. J., Lee, A., & Lee, T. R, "The Design of Maternity Monitoring System Using USN in Maternity Hospital" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.11, No.5, 347-354, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.5.347
- Cho, G. Y., Lee, S. J., & Lee, T. R, "Research on Enhancing Reliability of IT Convergence Technology Applied Emergency Management Information System" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.11, No.10, 395-401, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.10.395
- Kim, D. S., Lee, S. J., & Lee, T. R, "Development of Smart Phone Application With Spectrometer for u-Health Service" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.11, No.7, 261-269, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.7.261
- GJ Kim, JS Han, "Chronic Disease Management using Smart Mobile Device" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No.4, 335-342, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.4.335
- Chung-Geon Song, Keun-Ho Lee, "Design of Authentication System using Biometrics for U-Healthcare Environment in M2M", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol.3, no.2 : 13-17, 2012.
- In-Kyu Seo, Sang Ho Lee, "An Efficient Hospital Service Model of Hierarchical Property information classified Bioinformatics information of Patient", Journal of Convergence Society for SMB, Vol.5, no.4 : 17-23, 2015.
- Yoon-Su Jeong, "A Study of An Efficient Clustering Processing Scheme of Patient Disease Information for Cloud Computing Environment", Journal of Convergence Society for SMB, Vol.6, no.1 : 33-38, 2016. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2016.6.1.033
- KT Economy & Management Research Institute, "Mobile Trend Prospect 2015", 2015
- Wilkins, M., "Global Wearable Device Sales by Type: 2012 to 2017", Strategy Analytics, 2013
- Seong-Hoon Lee, Dong-Woo Lee, "A Study on u-Health Fusion Field based on Internet of Thing", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol.7, No.4 : 19-24, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.019
- EK Jung, HW Yun, "The Effectiveness of Quality Control of 119 Emergency Medical Services on Survival Rate of Cardiac Arrest Patients", The Korean Jounal of Health Service Management, Vol.7, No.1, 21-34, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2013.7.1.021
- Nielsen, N., Wetterslev, J., Cronberg, T., Erlinge, D., Gasche, Y., Hassager, C., ... & Pellis, T, "Targeted temperature management at 33 C versus 36 C after cardiac arrest", New England Journal of Medicine, Vol.369, No.23, 2197-2206, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1310519
- DS Park, "The Physical Characteristics of 119 EMTs and a Comparison of the Quality in Chest Compressions according to Posture in Pregnant Women Cardiac Arrest", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.11, 197-204, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.197
- HS Jun, HS Sohn, "Effect of cardiopulmonary resuscitation(CPR) education performed by health teachers on middle school students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.10, 385-395, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.385
- SY Park, CW Kim, SJ Lee, DH Lee, JH Lim, SE Kim, "Original Articles : Effects of the Mobile Phone Speaker Function on the Dispatcher-assisted Layperson Performance of Early Phase Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation", Journal of the Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, Vol.24, No.6, 636-643, 2013.
- Engan, K., Hinna, T., Ryen, T., Birkenes, T. S., & Myklebust, H, "Chest compression rate measurement from smartphone video" Biomedical engineering online, Vol.15, No.1, 95, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12938-016-0218-6
- YJ Tak, "Effect of Musical Rhythm on the CPR education of Adolescent" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No.2, 417-421, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.2.417
- Boussen, S., Ibouanga-Kipoutou, H., Fournier, N., Raboutet, Y. G., Llari, M., Bruder, N., ... & Behr, M, "Using an inertial navigation algorithm and accelerometer to monitor chest compression depth during cardiopulmonary resuscitation", Medical engineering & physics, 2016.
- MG Lee, SJ Kim, DH Choi, DH Jun, BD Yoo, DP Lee, "Outcome of Nontraumatic Prehospital Cardiac Arrest" JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN SOCIETY OF EMERGENCY MEDICINE, Vol.13, No.4, 428-433, 2002.
- Lee, J., Matsumura, K., Yamakoshi, K. I., Rolfe, P., Tanaka, S., & Yamakoshi, T, "Comparison between red, green and blue light reflection photoplethysmography for heart rate monitoring during motion", In 2013 35th annual international conference of the IEEE engineering in medicine and biology society (EMBC) (pp. 1724-1727), IEEE,, 2013.
- Lu, G., Yang, F., Taylor, J. A., & Stein, J. F, "A comparison of photoplethysmography and ECG recording to analyse heart rate variability in healthy subjects", Journal of medical engineering & technology, Vol.33, No.8, 634-641, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3109/03091900903150998
- Bakker, J., Pechenizkiy, M., & Sidorova, N, "What's your current stress level? Detection of stress patterns from GSR sensor data", In 2011 IEEE 11th International Conference on Data Mining Workshops (pp. 573-580), IEEE, 2011.
- Han, Y. O., & Kim, D. W, "Sensitivity illumination system using biological signal", The Journal of the Korea institute of electronic communication sciences, Vol.9, No.4, 499-508, 2014. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2014.9.4.499
- Handri, S., Yajima, K., Nomura, S., Ogawa, N., Kurosawa, Y., & Fukumura, Y, "Evaluation of Student's Physiological Response Towards E-Learning Courses Material by Using GSR Sensor", In Computer and Information Science (ICIS), 2010 IEEE/ACIS 9th International Conference on (pp. 805-810), IEEE, 2010.