- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Elements(MORT-TAC) of Situation Assessment at Disaster Sites
재난현장 상황평가 고려요소(MORT-TAC)에 관한 연구
- Kim, Sung-Geun (Department of MIS, Dongguk University) ;
- Lee, Young-Jai (Department of MIS, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2016.10.26
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
Even well trained personnel may fall victim to panic, and a wrong assessment of the situation can turn a small accident into a huge disaster. At the disaster site, the event is commonly broadcasted in real time and is unfiltered. Thus, the commander of the site must be able to accurately assess the scene while not missing out on key considerations. Despite the necessity of good situational assessment, there is barely any research on this topic. This study utilizes METT-TC(Mission, Enemy, Troops, Terrain and weather, Time available, and Civil considerations) which is used by militaries to assess combat situations, and proposes MORT-TAC(Mission, Object, Resources available, Terrain and weather, Time available, Ability, and Civil considerations) as factors to consider in effectively controlling the disaster site. The standard model is used for assessing disaster scenes by applying the Delphi analytical method on each sub-factor of MORT-TAC.
- Ministry of Defense, "Haman Disaster, White Paper on the National Defense Disaster Response", 2012.
- Geo-Rae Jang, Chang-Sup Chun, Moonsup Lim, Sanghwan Seo,, "Research on Developing Decision Making Model of Disaster Field Commander", 26th National Safety 119 Fire-Fighting Policy Conference, Sejong Fire Company Headquarter , 2014.
- Sung-Geun Kim, Gyeong-Tae Hwang, "Research on Effective On-Spot Control of Disaster Scene: Lessons of Sinking of Sewol", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 12, 2014.
- Quarantelli, E. L., "What is disaster: the need for clalification in definition and Conceptualization in Research Artical #177, University of Delaware, DRC, 1985. pp. 43-52.
- Department of Public Safety, R&D on Korean Response and Control System of Disaster Scene, Dong-Guk University Academia-Industry Cooperative Group, 2015.
- Division of national sicurity, "Disaster and sicurity management na organic law", R.O.K. the law No. 12943, 2014.
- Keum-Young Min, "Research on the Impact of Big Data Attributes to Dicision-Making in Disaster Response", a docter's thesis of Dongguk University, 2013.
- Ja-Won Goo, "Concept of Situational Management and Peacetime Application to Field Units", Military Critique 429th Issue, 2014.
- Young-Jai Lee, Sung-Geun Kim, Hong-Kue Son, Research on Development of Koreanstyle Disaster Site about Responseness. Recovery Standard System, a report of the Ministry of Public Safety and Security, 2015.
- Endsley, M. R., "Toward a Theory of Situation Awareness in Dynamic Systems", Human Factors, Vol. 37, No. 1, 1995.
- Gi-Wok Lee, "Effective Command System on Disaster Scene", Busan University Administrative Grad School Master's Thesis, 1999.
- Joon-Suk Ahn, "Research on Establishing Korean Disaster Response System", Kangwon University Master's Thesis, 2004.
- Gi-Geun Yang, "Possible Revisions on Disaster Scene Command System for Better Response: In Comparative Perspective of Korea and US", Sociology Research 34th Edition 3rd Issue, 2008.
- M. C. Libicki & S. E. Johnson(Eds), Dominant Battlespace Knowledge, CCRP Publications, Washington, D.C., email@example.com, 1996.
- ROK Army Headquarter, Commander and Staff Task, Field Manual 0-6, 2012.
- ROK Army Training & Doctrine Command, Real-Time Command of Combat Operations, Training Supplementary Manual 08-3-20, 2009.
- ROK Army, Tactics, Field Manual 0-1, 2013.
- ROK Army Training & Doctrine Command, Troops Commanding Procedures, Training Manual 07-6-8, 2007.
- Seong-Yong No, "Delphi Technique: Predicting the Future with Professional Insight", Korean Research Institute for Human Settlements, 2006.
- Jong-Seong Lee, Research Method 21: Delphi Technique, Seoul: Educations and Research Department, 2001.
- Disaster Preparedness Training Programme, "Disaster Energency Needs Assessnent", International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, 2000.
- Maya ARII, "Rapid Assessment in Disaster", JMAJ, Janeary/February 2013-Vol.56. No1, 2013.
- R. S. Stephenson, "Disaster Assessnent", Disaster Management Training Programme, 1994.
- Sung-Jo. Han, "Analysis of Relative Combat Power with Expert System", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 143-150, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.6.143