- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis on servant leadership on Korean soap opera < Ukssinamjeonggi >
드라마<욱씨남정기>에서 나타나는 서번트리더십 분석
- Kim, Joon (The Faculty of Liberal Arts, Yewon Arts University)
- 김준 (예원예술대학교)
- Received : 2016.10.27
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
This thesis is a study about how leadership communicates and interacts with the public and affects structure of emotions. Leadership has been paid attention by various strata, and interest about leader is gradually getting higher throughout overall society. In this situation, drama that is a medium that approaches to the general public friendly and easily and affects emotionally the public suggests problems about overall contemporary society and culture and plays a role to solve the desire. Therefore, if we analyze leadership that appears on drama, we may grasp directional nature and meaning aboutwhich figure of the leader it shows. As a research method, we use Spear's servant leadership factors, who categorized factors necessary for leaders. A soap opera named Ukssinamjeonggi that pursues a common goal to solve affairs and problems in relationships among members in an organization is selected as the analytic subject. As a result of the analysis, listening, empathy, healing, awareness, and conceptualization which are factors of servant leadership turn out to be the factors that help subordinates demonstrate their potentials; conceptualization, persuasion, awareness, and foresight are usually shown by supervisors. Servant leadership was the most effective when a leader communicates with members through middle managers to grow the community.
- John Mattone, translated by Woonsung Yoon, Gwangsoon Kim, Junetaek Woo, Jaeyeon Lee, Gyusun Baek, Gyunghwa Yang, Wangsoo Kim, "Wisdom Leadership : Enneagram", p. 6, Korea Enneagram Research lab, 2014.
- Tannenbaum, "Weschler & Massarik, Leadership is interpersonal influence, exercised in a situation, and directed", through the communication process, p. 24, toward the attainment of a specified goal or goals, 1961.
- Younghee Jeong, "Change in Korean Society and Television Drama", p. 5 Communications book, 2005
- Inkyung Hwang, "Development of Servant Leadership of Middle Manager and Team Accomplishment", p. 5, Korea advanced institute for science and technology KAIST, 2001.
- Robert K, Greenleaf, translated by Juheon Kang, "Leader is Servant", p. 96-98, Chamsol, 2001.
- https://www.essr.net/-jafundo/mestrado_materialitgjkhnld/IV/Lideran%C3%A7as/The%20Servant%20as%20Leader.pdf (July 14, 2016)
- Boyer G. B, "Turning points in the develoment of male servant-leaders", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, The Fielding Institute, 1999.
- Spears L. C, "Reflection on leadership: How Robert K. Greenleaf's theory of servant-leadership influenced today's top management thinkers", New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 1995.
- Greenleaf, R.K, "Sevant leadership: A journey into the nature of legitimate power and greatness", New York: Paulist Press, 1996.
- Inkyung Hwang, "Development of Servant Leadership of Middle Manager and Team Accomplishment", p 13, Korea advanced institute for science and technology KAIST, 2001.
- http://hanja.naver.com/word?query=%E5%85%88%E8%A6%8B%E4%B9%8B%E6%98%8E (July 07, 2016)
- http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=2375735&cid=50762&categoryId=51365 (July 11, 2016)
- Lave J. "Trust: The invaluable asset, In Spears, L.C.(Ed), Insights on leadership: Service, stewardship, spirit, and sevant-leadership", New York: John Wiley&Sons, pp. 72-76, Inc 1998.
- Anyoungjin, Aneunjeong, "Leadership for a peaceful life worth", p.24, JeongMin Publisher, 2009.
- Kyoung-Mi Yang, "The Effect of Self-Esteem and Depression on Smartphone Addiction among University Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7 No. 1, pp. 114, 2016.
- Tae-Seog Jeong, "A study on Convergence School Adjustment and Parameter Validationof the Sense of Community", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7 No. 1, pp. 184, 2016.
- Gwanung Lee, "The secret of servant leadership for building trust in the company and its employees", p. 114, Nexus BIZ, 2010.