- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Character and Limitation in Populism
포퓰리즘 정당의 성격과 한계에 관한 연구
- Kim, Yong-Chul (Dept. of Public Administration, Pusan National University)
- 김용철 (부산대학교 행정학과)
- Received : 2016.12.01
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
This paper focus on universal values and characteristics of populist parties of the Western Europe. Moreover, the causes of the European populist parties successful political activities in the European society, in which democracy is relatively established, quite stably, examined as well. Populist political activities based on simple speech are evidently unfair political actions mobilizing the unreasonable populace. populist politics is difficult to coexist with the modern Western European democracy.
Supported by : 부산대학교
- Betz, H.G. ""Introduction" in H.G, Bets and S.Immerfall (eds.), The New Politics of the Right", London : Macmillan, 1998.
- McLaren L, "Immigration and Trust in Politics in Britain", British Journal of Political Science, vol.42, 2011.
- Mudde Cas, "The Poupulist Zeitgeist, Government and Opposition", vol.39, No.4, pp. 541-563, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1477-7053.2004.00135.x
- Bolleyer Nicole & E. Bytzek, "Origins of party formation and new party success in advanced democracies, European Journal of Political Research", vol.52,No.6, pp. 788-789, 2013.
- Arditi Benjamin. "Populism or Politics at the Edge of Democracy, Contemporary Politics", vol.9,No.1, pp. 17-31, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/1356977032000072486
- Bobbio Norberto, "The Future of Democracy", Oxford : Polity, 1989.
- Leiter D. & M.Clark, "Valence and Satisfaction with Democracy; A cross-national analysis of nine Western European democracy", European Journal of Political Research,vol.54,No.3. pp556-557, 2015.
- Canovan Margaret, "Trust the people : Populism and the Two Faces of Democracy", Political Studies, XLVIL, 1999, Populism, N.Y.: Hartcourt Brace, 1981.
- Pasquino Gianfranco, "Populism and Deomocracy, D.Albertazzi(eds.) Twenty - First Century Populism : The Spectre of Western European Democracy", N.Y. : Palgrave Macmillian, pp. 15-29, 2008.
- Cuperas Rene, "The Fate of European Populism, Dissent", vol. 51(2), pp. 17-20, 2004.
- Cahill Ben, Institutions, "Populism and Immigration in Europe", SAIS Review, vol. 27,No.1, 2007.
- Fieschi Catherine, "Introduction, Journal of Political Ideology", vol.9,No.4, 2004.
- AkkermanTjitske Populism and Democracy : Challenge or Pathology, Acta Politica, vol.38,2003.
- Deangelis R.A.)A Rising Tide for Jean-Marie, Jorg and Pauline? Xenophobic Paupulism in Comparative Perspective,Australine Journal of Politics and History, Vol.49,No.1,2003.
- Jones, Erik, Populism in Europe,SAISReview, Vol.27,No.1, 2007.
- Kim Yong Chul, Analysis on Political Distrust of Governmental Agencies, Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol.0, 2015
- Yang Suck Jin, A Study on the Universal Welfare Politics in terms of constitutional Value Order, Jounal of Digital Policy & Management Vol.13 No.3, 2014
- Soug Kyung Suk, A Study on the Strategy for Realization of Smart Citizens Party, Journal of Digital Policy & Management Vol.9, No.1, 2011
- Jung Jin Taek, The case of Study on Smart citizens Party, Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol.9,No.10, 2011
- DOI : http://www.parties-and-elections.de.
- The Economist, Jan, 4th, 2014
- Financial Times, 2015.8.28.