- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Legal & Institutional Supporting on Local Broadcast Development - Syntactic Approach about Special Act on the Development of Local Broadcasting
지역방송발전을 위한 법적·제도적 지원방안 -지역방송 발전지원 특별법의 성과와 한계를 중심으로
- Kang, Chul-Soo (Dept. of welfare & lifelong education, Koguryeo College) ;
- Kim, Dug-Mo (Dept. of Journalism & Broadcasting, Honam University)
- Received : 2016.11.17
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
According to the change in media environment, a support plan for local broadcast has been required. In terms of legal and institutional support for the development of local broadcast, the enactment of special Act for local broadcast has become a breakthrough. In this point of view, we analyzed the performance and the limitation of the special Act. As a literature research, analyzing the literature and related-ordinances, we have sought legal and institutional support plans for the local broadcast. As a result, with the Local Broadcast Development Council being in charge of legislative right and responsibility, a plan to empower them to have legal and institutional authority should be drawn; another plan to secure independence in operating a fund and to promote the capability to produce local broadcast programs and the distribution system should be drawn; the other elaborate plan for the locality index that assesses the locality is required. Local broadcast should be on a way to secure not only public interest and concern but locality and diversity; legal and institutional plans should be sought.
Local broadcasting;Legal & Institutional supporting;Special Act on Supporting Local Broadcast;Local Broadcast Development Council;Local Broadcast Development & Support Plan
- Jeong-Min Seo, Nang-Hee Kim,"Recent Research Trends and Implications of the Social Service Supply System", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No.4, pp.55-68, 2016.
- Sang-Wook Kim, "A Conceptual Framework for the Personalization of Public Administration Services", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No.8, pp.57-67, 2016.
- The Special Act on the Development of Local Broadcasting(2014.12.4).law no.12743. 2014.6.3
- An Enforcement Ordinance of the Special Act on the Development of Local Broadcasting(2014.12.4). An executive order no.25815, 2014.12.3
- A fund regulation criterion of broadcasting communication development on the local broadcast(2014.12.4). An announcement of KCC no.2014-22, 2014.12.3.
- Sang Yune Chung, "A Study on the Localism Policy of the Local Broadcasting in Korea".Journal of Communication Science, Vol. 9, No. 2, 498-530. 2009.
- Yong-jin Won, Sang-hyun Hwang, "A Meta - Analysis of Research on Local Broadcasting". 285-332. 2011.
- Yung-Ho Im, "Spatial Understanding in Korean Broadcasting Research and Disciplinary Identity: The Case of Local-Broadcasting Research". Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies Vol. 16, Vo. 2, 275-303. 2002.
- Jinro Lee,"Brocadcast Localism and Its Regulations in the Broadcasting Law". Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies , Vol. 18, No. 3,634-678. 2004.
- Myung-Hyun Kang, Seok-Min Hong,"Localism and Local Broadcasting - An Exploratory Study for the Conceptualization of Social Localism". Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, Vol. 19, No. 1, 109-141. 2005.
- Myung-Hyun Kang, Jung-Min Joo, "A Study on the Local Audience's Perceptions for Local Broadcasting and Its Effects on the Viewing Behaviors for Local Broadcasting Programs". Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies Vol.27No.6, 7-33. 2014.
- Kwang-Soon Park,"An Analysis on the Visualization of the Online Newspaper : Focusing on the dependent Online Newspaper and Naver News," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No.7, pp.321-329, 2016.
- Jae-Young Kim, Sang-Heon Han,"Expectations and Reality Towards Local Broadcast Development Council: A Critical Approach about Local Broadcast Development & Support Plan". Journal of Communication Science, Vol. 15, No. 3, 67-96, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14696/jcs.2015.09.15.3.67
- Hang-Je Cho,."Localism and Special Act on the Development of Local Broadcasting". Journalism & Communication, Vol. 19, No. 3, 191-223. 2015.
- Korea Communications Commission, White book of Local Broadcast Development Council. 2013
- KCC-2014-12, "A Study on the Locality Index of the Local Broadcasting", KCC.2014
Jin Bong Choi, "A meaning & limit of the Special Act on the Development of Local Broadcasting".
, http://choijinbong.khan.kr/149(June 18, 2014)
- P. Napoli. The Localism Principle in Communications Policymaking and policy Analysis :Ambiguity, Inconsistency and Empirical Neglect. Policy Studies Journal, Vol. 29, No. 3, 372-387. 2001.
- Keun Yong Lee, "Localities of Korean Local Broadcasting Contents on Traditional Cultures". Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies Vol.26 No.2. 87-121. 2012.
- Jin-Young Kim, Sang-Hun Lee, Tae-Hak Han, "The Study of Competitiveness of Local Broadcasting Programs: focusing on the pattern of programming, viewing, and advertising market". Journal of Communication Science, Vol. 8, No. 1, 81-120. 2008.
- Jung-Min Joo, "A Study on the Locality Index on the Local Broadcasting". 2004 KABS Annual Fall Conference, 331-348, 2004.11.
- Myung-Hyun, Kang "A Study on the Scale Development for the Qualitative Measurement of Local Broadcasting Programs". Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies Vol.27 No.6, 7-36. 2013.
- Young-Soo, Kim & Jin-Ho, Choi, "A Study on Perception of Local Broadcast Employees about the Local Broadcast Development & Support Plan : Focusing on Importance Evaluation of Major Policy about the Special Act on Supporting Local Broadcast". Korean Journal of Journalism and Communication Studies, Vol. 59, No. 6, 446-474. 2015.