- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Study on the Spatial Change in an Aging Society
고령화에 따른 공간변화 연구
- You, Seung-Hee (Dept. of U-City IT Convergence & Urban Policy, Hansei University) ;
- Kwon, Chang-Hee (Dept. of U-City IT Convergence & Urban Policy, Hansei University)
- Received : 2016.09.09
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.01.28
The purpose of the study is to come up with counter plans to the spatial change caused by an aging society. To achieve the purpose of this study, research methods are conducted in the literature survey and the census data are compared. This study focuses on an aging society, the current status of space and related problems, based on political economic spatial concepts, and then presents five countermeasures as follows. First, the planning considering the aging populations. Second, increase in total fertility rate and increase population absorption. Third, increased economic vitality of the elderly due to increased participation in the production of senior citizens. Forth, establishment and implementation of regional development plan for the elderly. Fifth, needs to transform the spatial policies of the aged to prepare a large gap in space. The result of this paper proposes the need to change the living space policies and planning to avoid mismatching between them, reducing the aging speed simultaneously. The study is expected to contribute to the establishment of a space plan for areas where the aging population is rapidly increasing.
- Dong-Wook Park, "Counterstep of the problem of reduced local population", Economic issues analysis, Vol. 7, pp. 1, 2015.
- Pil-Seong Byeon, Sang-Yeon Lim, Myung-Soo Kim, "A Study on the Public Facilities Supply and Utilization in sparsely area of population", pp. 4, Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements, 2014.
- Hak.-Bong. Cha, "Land and housing policy, learning from Japan's aging society", Samsung Economic Research Institute, 2006.
- Wan-Geon. Lee, Young-Joo Lee, Jun-Gi Kim, "Study on the orientation and practice strategies for an aging era of space policy", KRIHS POLICY BRIEF No.485, 2014.
- Gwang-Ik Kim, "A Study on the Characteristics of Rural Settlement and Policy Implications in Rural Area during the period of declining population", Land research 2014-33, pp. iv, 2014.
- Pil-Seong Byeon, Dong-Geun Kim, Eun-Hae Cha, Hyo-Ran Lee, "A Study on the Development Strategies for Activating Small and Medium Sized Cities", Land research 2015-24, pp. v, 2015.
- Mi-Sook Cha, "Realignment of the local creation strategic and regional spatial structure of Japan in the period of declining population", National land policy Brief Vol. 555, p. 8, 2016.
- Ryuji Inoue, Tomiyo Yamashita,"Social Psychology", Natsume, Inc., 2000.
- Myung-Rae Cho, "Social reading into space.", Hanwool, 2013.
- Deok-Hyun Kim, "Economic development and the change of spatial structure in Korea", Ph.D. dissertation, Seoul National University, 1992.
- In-Ho Choi, "Study on spatial variability in social change", Korea Association For Urban and Regional Policy' Paper, Korea Association For Urban and Regional Policy, 2010.
- Jeong-Seok Kim, "Social Theories and Discourses on Population Aging ", The Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 667-690, 2007.
- Harry Dent, "The Demographic Cliff", p. 16, Chyungrim, 2015.
- In-Ho Choi, "A Study on the Urban Policy to Cope with the Low Birth Rate-Aged Society", The Korean Cadastre Information Association, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 149, 2016.
- Hyun-Jeong Park, Jong- Ik Park, "Study on the prevention strategies of the elderly suicide in Gangwon-do" , Gwangwonnonchong, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 1-27, 2015.
- Tae-Yoon An, "The aging of society and the social isolation of the elderly, Issue Briefing", Gyeonggido Family & Women's Research Institute, Vol. 34, 2011.