- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Frame Analysis of Political News in Social Media: Focus on the keyword, "presidential election" in Wikitree
소셜 미디어 정치 뉴스 프레임 분석: 위키트리 '대통령선거' 키워드를 중심으로
- Lee, Hyun-suk (Division of Refinement, Cyber Hankuk University of Foreign Studies)
- 이현숙 (사이버외대 교양학부)
- Received : 2016.11.29
- Accepted : 2017.02.20
- Published : 2017.02.28
This study is for analyzing the tone, the frame and the characteristics of political news in social media. Social news media is not same as old media in sharing news freely by SNS like tweeter, facebook and reporting, editing by anyone using SNS with various opinions. With Content analysis, sampling 419 cases from 'Wikitree' by the keyword, 'presidential election', all the full text analysed each how is social media making public opinion differently and which frame is using in. As the result, the social media has different tone, frame, and characteristic due to the reported figure, type of report, information source, attitude to the government, specifically shows a lack of in-depth report and distinct soft-journalism just same as old media's. Because the tone of social news media is not probable, specific but improbable, vague, using the irrational, strategic and episodic frame mainly.
- In-Oh Jeon, "Effect of Social Media PR Marketing on Corporate Brand Expansion", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp. 157-173, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.8.157
- In-Ki Kim, In-Oh Jeon, "Social media and its impact on management performance and recognition: focusing on social media utilization of senior corporate", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 195-207, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.195
- Young-Ha Kim, "Importance Analysis on the Trytoursummer Social Media Channel", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 193-200, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.4.193
- So-Young Park, Sung-Hui Cho, "Formation of Social relationship through SNS and adolescents' life satisfaction", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 371-379, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.371
- YunChan Hwang, Chan Koh, "Analysis of Opinion Social Data on the SNS(Social Network Service) by Analyzing of Collective Damage Reply", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 41-51, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.41
- Sang-Ho Lee, "A Study on the Policy Implication on the Addiction of Social Media Service User: Focusing on the Proposal of Korean SNS Addiction Index(KSAI)", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 255-265, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.1.255
- Sang-Ho Lee, "The Relation of Addiction and Sustainable Use of Social Media Service", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 273-280, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2014.12.1.273
- HyunJeong Ryu, "News consumer is be a News producer in direct media", Newspaper & Broadcasting, Vol. 497, pp. 83-88, Korea Press Foundation, 2012.
- JiYoung Kim, "Public Framing of Political Issues - Media Priming, Perceptions, and Cognitive Framing". Korean journal of journalism & communication studies, Vol. 45, No. 1, pp. 121-161, 2000.
- Pamela J. Shoemaker, Stephen D. Reese, "Mediating Message: Theories of Influences on Mass Media Contents", 2nd ed, NY: Longman, 1996.
- JungHye Yang, "Media Framing of a Social Conflict - A Case Study of Medical Doctors' Strike in Korea", Korean journal of journalism & communication studies, Vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 284-315, 2001.
- Kathleen H. Jamieson, Karlyn K. Campbell, The interplay of influence: Mass Media and their publics in News, Advertising, Politics, Belmont: Wadworth, 1988.
- Shanto Iyengar, Is Anyone Responsible? How Television Frames Political Issues, Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1991.
- Shanto Iyengar, Adam Simon, "News Coverage of the Gulf Crisis and Public Opinion: A Study of Agenda-Setting, Priming and Framing", Communication Research, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 365-383, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365093020003002
- Joseph N. Cappella, Kathleen H. Jamieson, Spiral of Cynicism, New York: Oxford University Press, 1997.
- Dietram A. Scheufele, "Framing as a Theory of Media Effects", Journal of Communication, Vol. 49, No. 1, pp. 103-122, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2466.1999.tb02784.x
- WonYong Kim, DongHoon Lee, How does frame to control society : Frame Theory and Communication, Samsung Economic Research Institute, 2012.
- JaeSun Jung, DongHoon Lee, "A Study on Frame Effect in Elaboration Likelihood Perspective : Focusing on the Cancer Related News", Korean journal of journalism & communication studies, Vol. 56, No. 6, pp. 278-309, 2012.
- Patti M. Valkenberg, Holli A. Semetko, Claes H. De Vreese, "The Effects of News Frames on Readers' Thoughts and Recall", Communication Research, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 550-569, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365099026005002
- WonYong Kim, DongHoon Lee, "A Study on the News Frame Model : A Frame Analysis of the Domestic Nuclear News", Korean journal of journalism & communication studies. Vol. 49, No. 6, pp. 166-197, 2005.
- Robert D. Benford, David A Snow, "Framing Processes and Social movements: An Overview and Assessment", Annual Review of Sociology. Vol. 26, pp. 611-639, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.soc.26.1.611
- JeongHwa Jeong, "Environmental Conflict & Mass Media", Korean policy studies review, Vol.16 No.32007, pp. 177-209, 2007.