- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Switching Characteristic and Efficiency of New Generation SiC MOSFET
차세대 전력반도체 SiC MOSFET의 스위칭 특성 및 효율에 관한 연구
- Received : 2016.11.09
- Accepted : 2016.11.26
- Published : 2017.02.28
Recently, due to physical limitation of Si based power semiconductor, development speed of switching power semiconductors is falling and it is difficult to expect any further performance improvements. SiC based power semiconductor with superior characteristic than Si-based power semiconductor have been developed to overcome these limitations. however, there is not method to apply for real system. Therefore, suggested the feasibility and solution for SiC-based power semiconductor system. design to 1kW class DC-DC boost converter and demonstrated the superiority of SiC MOSFET under the same operating conditions by analyzing switching frequency, duty ratio, voltage and current, and comparing with Si based power semiconductor through experimental efficiency according to each system load. The SiC MOSFET has high efficiency and fast switching speed, and can be designed with small inductors and capacitors which has the advantage of volume reduction of the entire system.
High Efficient;Boost Converter;SiC MOSFET;Si MOSFET;Next Generation Power Semiconductor
- I. H. Kang, W. Bang, J. H. Mun, and M. K. Na, "SiC power semiconductor device technology trend," Ceramist, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 7-16, Dec. 2013.
- N. K. Kim, S. C. Kim, W. Bang, and U. D. Kim, "Silicon Carbide (SIC) Semiconductor situation," KIPE MAGAZINE, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 27-31, Dec. 2004.
- T. Hayashi, H. Tanaka, Y. Shimoida, S. Tanimoto, and M. Hoshi, "New High-voltage Unipolar Mode p+ Si/n-4H-SiC Heterojunction Diode," in Proceedings of the 5th European Conference on Silicon Carbide and Related Materials, Italy, vol. 483-485, pp. 953-956, May 2005.
- R. Fu, E. Santi, and Y. Zhang, "Power SiC MOSFET Model with Simplified Description of Linear and Saturation Operating Regions," International Conference on Power Electronics (ICPE), pp. 190-195, June 2015.
- P. Jang, S. W. Kang, B. H. Cho, J. H. Kim, H. S. Seo, H. S. Park, "Totem-pole Bridgeless Boost PFC Converter Based on GaN FETs," The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 214-222, June 2015. https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2015.20.3.214
- J. Hormberger, A. B. Lostetter, K .J. Olejniczak, T. Mcnutt, S .Magan Lal, A. Mantooth, "Silicon (SiC) Semiconductor Power Electromics for Extreme High-Temperature Environments," in Proceedings of the IEEE Aerospace Conference, Montana , vol.4, pp. 2538-2555, March 2004.
- J. Biela, M. Schweizer, S. Waffler, Johann W. Kolar, "SiC versus Si-Evaluation of Potentials for Performance Improvement of Inverter and DC-DC Converter Systems by SiC Power Semiconductors," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol.58, no.7, pp. 2872-2882, July 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2072896
Supported by : Changwon National University