- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
AWGN Removal using Edge Information of Local Mask
국부 마스크의 에지 정보를 이용한 AWGN 제거
- Kwon, Se-Ik (Dept. of Control and Instrumentation Eng., Pukyong National University) ;
- Kim, Nam-Ho (Dept. of Control and Instrumentation Eng., Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2016.08.30
- Accepted : 2016.09.13
- Published : 2017.01.31
Recently, as demand of video processor unit rapidly increases, excellent quality of the video has been required. However, generally, video data occurs the quick flame of video due to various external causes in process of acquisition, treatment, and transmission, and major cause of the quick flame of the video is known as the noise. There are various kinds of noise, which are added to the video, AWGN is a typical one. Thus, this thesis suggested algorithm that treats in three methods by scale of the edge through using edge information of local masks. In case that edge pixel is big, it applied spatial weighting according to equation of straight line about direction of edge pixel. In case that edge pixel is middle, it suggested algorithm with spatial weighting filter and average filter, and for the smooth territory, it suggested algorithm that treats with average filter.
- R. C. Gonzalez and R. E. woods, Digital Image Processing, 3rd ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2008.
- K. N. Plataniotis and A. N. Venetsanopoulos, Color Image Processing and Applications, 1st ed. Berlin, Germany: Springer, 2000.
- X. Long and N. H. Kim, "A Study on the Spatial Weighted Filter in AWGN Environment," JICCE, vol. 17, no. 3, pp.724-729, Mar. 2013.
- X. Long and N. H. Kim, "An Improved Weighted Filter for AWGN Removal," JICCE, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1227-1232, May 2013.
- X. Long and N. H. Kim, "A Study on Image Restoration Filter in AWGN Environments," JICCE, vol. 18, no. 4, pp.949-956, Apr. 2014.
- Y. Gao and N. H. Kim, "A Study on Improved Denoising Algorithm for Edge Preservation in AWGN Environments," JICCE, vol. 16, no. 8, pp.1773-1778, Aug. 2012.
- J. Wang and J. Hong, "A New Selt-Adaptive Weighted Filter for Removing Noise in Infrared images," in Proceeding of IEEE Information Engineering and Computer Science, Wuhan, China, pp.1-4, Dec. 2009.
- N. Zhou and S. Zhang, "An Adaptive Image Mixed Noise Removal Algorithm Based on MMTD," in Proceeding of Digital Information Processing, Data Mining, and Wireless Communications, Moscow, Russia, pp.93-98, July 2016.
- K. Vasanth, K. Kumar, S. Saravanan, "Decision Based Unsymmetrical Trimmed Mode Filter for th Removal of Salt and Pepper Noise in Images," in Proceeding of 2015 International Conference on Control, Instrumentation, Communication and Computational Technologies, Abu Dhabi, pp.1-7, May 2015.