- Volume 24 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Sexual Desire, Sexual Attitude, and Sexual Desire Coping Behavior in Military Personnel
육군 병사의 성욕구, 성태도 및 성욕구 대처행동
- Yunseo, Jung (Graduated School, Pusan National University) ;
- Hyoung Sook, Park (College of Nursing, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2016.07.26
- Accepted : 2017.01.31
- Published : 2017.02.28
Purpose: The aim of this study was to identify the sexual desire, sexual attitude and sexual desire coping behavior in military personnel, and analyze relationships among these variables. Methods: Data were collected from February to April, 2015 using a structured questionnaire. Participants in the study were 199 military personnel visiting the military hospital P. Results: The average score for sexual desire was
- Oh MJ, Park HH, Lee JH, Kwon JH. The moderating effect of optimism on the relationship between military life stress and adjustment of soldiers. Korean Journal of Counseling. 2013; 14(2):1051-1065. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.14.2.201304.1051
- Kim JH, Song EI, Kang SH. A study on sexual attitudes, sexual behaviors and parents -children relationship among college students in Korea. Family and Environment Research. 2003; 41(1):111-124.
- Military Manpower Administration. First eligible conscription status [Internet]. Seoul: Military Manpower Administration; 2015 [cited 2016 October 1]. Available from: http://www.mma.go.kr/contents.do?mc=usr0000043
- Kim EY. A study on new-generation soldiers’ adaptation to their military life and practice of the military social welfare. Korean Academy of Military Social Welfare. 2009;2(2):67-108.
- Sung JH, Ham YH, Kim SN, Kim SH, Choi MO, Kim JY, et al. The development of a sex education program for military personnel. Journal of Military Nursing Research, 2006;24(1): 1-27.
- Kim KE, Kim SO, Noh SJ, Doh JH, Bae JH, Yun JH, et al. A study on the of sexual knowledge, sexual attitudes and sexual behavior among soldiers. Journal of the Nursing Academic Association of Ewha Womans University. 2010;44:31-46.
- Kim S, Kim W. A consciousness and attitude of sexual before and after recruitment of army. Korean Association of Military Counseling. 2013;2(1):25-38.
- Shin KR, Park H, Shin MK. Influence of military service experience on sexual knowledge, attitude, and behavior of male college students. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing. 2009;21(1): 77-85.
- Kim BM, Lee EH. The medicating effect of senior citizens' sexual desire-coping behavior on sexual attitude and life satisfaction. Journal of Digital Convergence. 2015;13(1):575-585. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.1.575 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.1.575
- Lee KH, Lim TH, Kim SK. Reporting sexual assault in the military [Internet]. Seoul: Center for Military Human Rights Korea; 2013 [cited 2017 January 18]. Available from: http://mhrk.org/download/?no=1565
- Kang J. Singer-soldiers caught going to a massage parlor [Internet]. Seoul: Korea JoongAng Daily; 2013 [cited 2017 January 18]. Available from: http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.as px?aid=2973712
- Shefer T, Mankayi N. The (hetero) sexualization of the military and the militarization of (hetero) sex: Discourse on male (hetero) sexual practices among a group of young men in the South African military. Sexualities. 2007;10(2):189-207. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1363460707075801 https://doi.org/10.1177/1363460707075801
- Kim HR, Lee HW. Sex knowledge of Korean soldiers and their need for sex education. Korean Journal of Family Welfare. 2006;18:77-104.
- Kim NC, Oh JA, Han HJ, Kim MH, Kim JK, Lee HJ, et al. Sexual orientation, knowledge and attitudes toward AIDS among military personnel in Korea. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing. 2002;16(2):225-238.
- Lee YS. Sexual knowledge, attitude, experience and sexual education in military service. Journal of Kyungpook Nursing Science. 2001;5(1):57-74.
- Jang EH. A study on sexual behavior and attitude among soldiers [master's thesis]. Suwon: Ajou University; 2006. p. 34-35.
- Chao J, Lin Y, Ma M, Ku Y, Tsai C, Shi M. Sexual knowledge, attitudes and activity of men conscripted into the military. BioMed Central Public Health. 2010;10:577. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-10-577 https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-10-577
- Holland KJ, Rabelo VC, Cortina LM. Sexual assault training in the military: Evaluating efforts to end the "invisible war". American Journal Community Psychology. 2014;54:289-303. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10464-014-9672-0 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10464-014-9672-0
- Park YS, Chun YM. Development of the sexuality inventory for high school students. Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology. 2002;21(4):891-909.
- Park MJ, Kim YJ. The relationship among venereal infection, sexual impulse and depression of male senior citizens. Journal of Welfare for the Aged. 2006;32:397-412.
- Ho S. Sexual knowledge, attitude and sexual behavior of the university students [master's thesis]. Seoul: Hanyang University; 2009. p. 18-68.
- Na IS. A study on factors affecting on the sexual coping behavior among the elderly. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society. 2006;26(3):547-563.
- Yoo HJ. A study on the male sexuality and sexual politics in the military group: With a focus on privates' sexuality [master's thesis]. Wonju: Sangji University; 2006. p. 26-105.
- Sung MH. Relationship between sex role identity type, sexual consciousness, sexual behaviors and sexual impulse of university students. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing. 2009;15(1):73-80. http://dx.doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2009.15.1.73 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2009.15.1.73
- Kim JA. A study on the knowledge and attitudes about human sexuality and the sexual need of a selected enlisted men in Korea army. Journal of Military Nursing Research. 1982;3:129-176.
- Lee TY, Ahn KS. The influence of self-concept and norm perception on college students' sexual behaviors. Korean Journal of Youth Studies. 2004;11(2):141-161.
- Kim SH, Yoon WC. Sexual consciousness and attitude of male university students. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing. 2012;26(2):248-257. http://dx.doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2012.26.2.248 https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2012.26.2.248
- Lee BY. Effect of soldier's physical activity on adjustment in military life. Korean Journal of Sport. 2008;5(2);137-147.
- Kim YJ, Lee CS. Moderated effects of sexual attitudes in relationship between sexual impulse and sexual coping behaviors. Korean Journal of Youth Studies. 2004;11(1):397-419.
- Yoon SJ, Byun EK. Factors influencing university student’s sexual behavior. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society. 2011;13(5):2449-2458.