- Volume 3 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Association of Outplacement Convergence Education and Transformative Learning
전직융합교육과 전환학습의 연계
- Wee, Young-Eun (Department Liberal Arts Korea Polytechnics Seoul Junggu Campus)
- 위영은 (한국폴리텍대학 서울정수캠퍼스, 교양학과)
- Received : 2017.04.22
- Accepted : 2017.05.21
- Published : 2017.09.30
The purpose of this study is to understand the concept of transformative learning and the meaning and process of learning. Transformative learning explains that learning takes place in three aspects. First, Instrumental learning takes place in the process of acquiring knowledge based on facts, such as hypothesis testing. Secondly, Communicative learning recognizes the meaning of other people's thoughts or social norms, cultures and values through language. Thirdly, emancipatory learning makes through critical self-reflection by understanding oneself on the basis of psychological and cultural assumptions. The implications of outplacement convergence education, is that main purpose of outplacement education is to build theory and shift the perspective to learning conversion in general operation practice. The content of the outplacement convergence education is that it should shift from instrumental learning to communicative and emancipatory learning.
- S.D.Brookfield, S.D, "The power of critical theory: Liberating adult learning and teaching". San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. 2005.
- P. Cranton, P, "Understanding and promoting transformative learning: A guide for educators of adults". San francisco: Jossey-Bass. 1994..
- J. Habermas, J, "The theory of communicative action, Vol 1: Reason and the rationalization of society", T. Mecarthy(trans.), MA: Beacon. 1984.
- M. Knowles. "Informal adult education: A guide for administrators, leaders and teachers", New York: Association Press. 1950.
- T. Kuhn, T, "The structure of scientific revolutions (2nd ed.). Chicago", University of Chicago Press. 1970.
- E. Lindeman, "The meaning of adult education". New York: New Republic. 1926.
- J. Mezirow, "Perspective transformation", Adult education quarterly, Vol.28, No.2, pp.100-110, 1978.. https://doi.org/10.1177/074171367802800202
- J. Mezirow. "A Critical theory of adult learning and education", Adult education quarterly, Vol.32, No.1, pp.3-27, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1177/074171368103200101
- J. Mezirow. "Transformative dimension of adult learning". San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. 1991.
- J. Mezirow, "Transformative theory: Critique and confusion", Adult education quarterly, Vol.42, No.4, pp.250-252, 1992.. https://doi.org/10.1177/074171369204200404
- J. Mezirow. "Understanding transformation theory", Adult education quarterly, Vol.44, No.4, pp.222-232, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/074171369404400403
- J. Mezirow. "Contemporary paradigms of learning", Adult education quarterly, Vol.46, No.3, pp.158-173, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1177/074171369604600303
- J. Mezirow, "Transformative theory out of context". Adult education quarterly, Vol.48, No.1, pp.60-62,1997. https://doi.org/10.1177/074171369704800105
- J. Mezirow. "On critical reflection". Adult education quarterly, Vol.48, No.3, pp.185-198, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1177/074171369804800305
- J. Mezirow. "Learning to think like an adult: Core concepts of transformation theory". In J. Mezirow & Associates (eds.), Learning as transformation: Critical perspectives on a theory in progress, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, pp.3-33, 2000.
- Mezirow, J. & Associates. Fostering critical reflection in adulthood: A guide to transformative and emancipatory learning. San francisco: Jossey-Bass. 1990.