- Volume 3 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of convergence program to improve marital satisfaction of elderly couples
노인부부의 결혼만족도 향상을 위한 융합프로그램 개발
- Kim, In-Sook (Department of Social Welfare, Tongmyong University) ;
- Park, Sun-Hee (Department of Social Welfare, Dongju College)
- Received : 2017.06.02
- Accepted : 2017.08.05
- Published : 2017.09.30
The purpose of this study was to develop and apply the convergence program to improve the marital satisfaction of the elderly couples. The purpose of this study was to overcome the divorce crisis of elderly couples and to provide a basic plan for divorce prevention through rapid aging and increase of divorce rate. The subjects of this study were 9 elderly women's welfare centers located in P city. The convergence program for improving the marital satisfaction of elderly couples in this study shows that marital satisfaction is improved by 52.1% from pre - test (cumulative complaint of marriage) to 32.1 (post - test). The results of a qualitative evaluation of the observational records show that it is very helpful to improve the relationship by acquiring the skill of sharing experience and communication between the elderly couple through the program, Marital satisfaction was improved. The results of this study show that the convergence program developed in this study is effective in improving marital satisfaction for elderly couples.
- Statistics Korea. Marriage and divorce statistics. http://www.nso.go.kr/, 2016.
- the Office of Court Administration'Judicial Yearbook of 2015', 2016.
- H.K.Choi. "Welfare theory for the elderly", Hakjisa, pp.41-104, 2016.
- B.J.Lee, "Welfare theory for the elderly", Knowledge community, pp.41-100, 2015.
- J.W.Ko, Welfare theory for the elderly, Yangseowon pp.41-104. 2014.
- T.H.Kim and H.S.Han, "Old age couple relationship". SUNGSHIN WOMEN'S UNIVERSITY Life Studies, pp.15-28. 1995.
- O.K.Kwon and J.S.Huh, "Study on the Satisfaction of Married Couples". Welfare for the Elderly, Vol.47, No.47, pp.7-29. 2010.
- T.H.Kim.G.R.Jeon, "Study on the Improvement of the Quality of Life in the Elderly". journal of the korean gerontological society, Vol.18 No.1, pp.150-168. 1998.
- H.S.Cho, "The Effects of the Conjugal Relationship on the Marital Satisfaction and Ego-Resilience's Moderating Role of the Middle and Old Aged People", Journal of Life-span Studies Vol.3, No.2. pp.1-19, 2013.
- T.H.Kim and G.R.Jeon,. "Marriage characteristics and marital stability of married couples", Journal of Korean Home Management Association, Vol.20 No.4, pp.197-206. 2013.
- S.S.Kang.W.K.Lim, "Effects of the Marital Conflict in Old Age on Elderly Divorce and Impulse to Commit a Crime", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.13 No.9 pp.178-192. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.09.178
- S.J.Kim, "A Life history study on the elderly women who have divorced" Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, Vol.29, No.3 pp.1087-1105. 2009.
- G.R.Jeon.S.Y.Lim. "Study on the Conflict and Depression in the Elderly". Journal of Korean Home Vol.36, No.6, pp.1-12. 1998.
- H.S.Lee. "Old Aged Divorce, Divorce Ground and Separate Property System". Yonsei law journal, Vol.7, pp.1-37. 2000.
- S.J.Kim. "A Life history study on the elderly women who have divorced", Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, Vol.29, No.3. pp.1087-1105, 2009.
- Roach, A.J., L.P. Frazier, and S. R. Bowden , "The marital satisfaction scale: Development of a measure for intervention research". Journal of Marriage and the Family 43. pp.537-546. 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/351755