- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Optimized Polynomial Neural Network Classifier Designed with the Aid of Space Search Simultaneous Tuning Strategy and Data Preprocessing Techniques
- Huang, Wei (School of Computer and Communication Engineering, Tianjin University of Technology, State Key Laboratory of Digital Manufacturing Equipment and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology) ;
- Oh, Sung-Kwun (Dep. of Electrical Engineering, The University of Suwon)
- Received : 2016.07.11
- Accepted : 2016.10.31
- Published : 2017.03.01
There are generally three folds when developing neural network classifiers. They are as follows: 1) discriminant function; 2) lots of parameters in the design of classifier; and 3) high dimensional training data. Along with this viewpoint, we propose space search optimized polynomial neural network classifier (PNNC) with the aid of data preprocessing technique and simultaneous tuning strategy, which is a balance optimization strategy used in the design of PNNC when running space search optimization. Unlike the conventional probabilistic neural network classifier, the proposed neural network classifier adopts two type of polynomials for developing discriminant functions. The overall optimization of PNNC is realized with the aid of so-called structure optimization and parameter optimization with the use of simultaneous tuning strategy. Space search optimization algorithm is considered as a optimize vehicle to help the implement both structure and parameter optimization in the construction of PNNC. Furthermore, principal component analysis and linear discriminate analysis are selected as the data preprocessing techniques for PNNC. Experimental results show that the proposed neural network classifier obtains better performance in comparison with some other well-known classifiers in terms of accuracy classification rate.
Polynomial Neural Network Classifier (PNNC);Principal component analysis;Linear discriminate analysis;Space search optimization;Simultaneous tuning strategy;Data preprocessing technique
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China, National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- M. M. Li, and B. Verma, "Nonlinear curve fitting to stopping power data using RBF neural networks", Original Research Article, Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 45, pp. 161-171, March 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2015.09.033
- Z. -Q. Wu, W. -J. Jia, L. -R. Zhao, and C. -H. Wu, "Maximum wind power tracking based on cloud RBF neural network", Original Research Article, Renewable Energy, vol. 86, pp. 466-472, February 2016.
- B. Wu, S. Han, J. Xiao, X. Hu, and J. Fan, "Error compensation based on BP neural network for airborne laser ranging", Original Research Article, Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, vol. 127, pp. 4083-4088, April 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2016.01.066
- S. K. Oh, W. D. Kim, W. Pedrycz, and K. S. Seo, "Fuzzy radial basis function neural networks with information granulation and its parallel genetic optimization", Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 237, pp. 96-117, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fss.2013.08.011
- C. Barat, and C. Ducottet, "String representations and distances in deep Convolutional Neural Networks for image classification", Original Research Article, Pattern Recognition, vol. 54, pp. 104-115, June 2016.
- B. A. Garro, K. Rodriguez, and R. A. Vazquez, "Classification of DNA microarrays using artificial neural networks and ABC algorithm", Original Research Article, Applied Soft Computing, vol. 38, pp. 548-560, January 20160 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2015.10.002
- I. Hwang, H. -M. Park, and J. -H. Chang, "Ensemble of deep neural networks using acoustic environment classification for statistical model-based voice activity detection", Original Research Article, Computer Speech & Language, vol. 38, pp. 1-12, July 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csl.2015.11.003
- N. Nedjah, F. P. d. Silva, A. O. de Sa, L. M. Mourelle, and D. A. Bonilla, "A massively parallel pipelined reconfigurable design for M-PLN based neural networks for efficient image classification", Original Research Article, Neurocomputing, vol. 183, pp. 39-55, March 2016.
- A. Velasco-Mejia, and V. Vallejo-Becerra, A.U. Chavez-Ramirez, J. Torres-Gonzalez, Y. Reyes-Vidal, F. Castaneda-Zaldivar, "Modeling and optimization of a pharmaceutical crystallization process by using neural networks and genetic algorithms", Original Research Article Powder Technology, vol. 292, pp. 122-128, May 2016.
- L. Ozbakir, and Y. Delice, "Exploring comprehensible classification rules from trained neural networks integrated with a time-varying binary particle swarm optimizer", Original Research Article, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 24, pp. 491-500, April 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engappai.2010.11.008
- N. N. Son, and H. P. H. Anh, "Adaptive displacement online control of shape memory alloys actuator based on neural networks and hybrid differential evolution algorithm", Original Research Article Neurocomputing, vol. 166, pp. 464-474, October 2015.
- M. Pirdashti, K. Movagharnejad, S. Curteanu, E. N. Dragoi, and F. Rahimpour, "Prediction of partition coefficients of guanidine hydrochloride in PEG-phosphate systems using neural networks developed with differential evolution algorithm", Original Research Article, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, vol 27, pp. 268-275, July 2015.
- W. Huang, S.K. Oh, Z. Guo, and W. Pedrycz, "A space search optimization algorithm with accelerated converagence strategies", Applied Soft Computing, vol. 13, pp. 4659-4675, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2013.06.005
- G. d. Tollo, S. Tanev, G. Liotta, D. D. March, "Using online textual data, principal component analysis and artificial neural networks to study business and innovation practices in technology-driven firms", Original Research Article, Computers in Industry, vol. 74, pp. 16-28, December 2015.
- S. Rezzi, D. E. Axelson, K. Heberger, F. Reniero, C. Mariani, C. Guillou, "Classification of olive oils using high throughput flow 1H NMR fingerprinting with principal component analysis, linear discriminant analysis and probabilistic neural networks", Original Research Article, Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 552, pp. 13-24, November 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aca.2005.07.057
- M. E. Tipping,"The Relevance Vector Machine", Advances in Neural Information Processing System, vol. 12, pp. 625-488, 2000.
- M. A. Tahir, A. Bouridane, F. Kurugollu, "Simultaneous feature selection and feature weighting using hybrid tabu search/K-nearest neighbor classifier", Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 28, pp. 438-446, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2006.08.016
- Z. R. Yang, "A Novel Radial Basis Function Neural Network for Discriminant Analysis", IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 17, pp. 458-488, 2006.
- V. Vapnik, "The Nature of Statistical Learning Theory", Spring-Verlag, 1995.
- B. Minaei-Bidgoli, H. Parvin, H. Alinejad-Rokny, H. Alizadeh, W. E. Punch, "Effects of resampling method and adaptation on clustering ensemble efficacy", Artif. Intell. Rev, Vol. 41, No. 1, pp. 27-48, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10462-011-9295-x
- H. Parvin, M. Mirnabibaboli, H. Alinejad-Rokny, "Proposing a classifier ensemble framework based on classifier selection and decision tree", Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 37, pp. 34-42, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engappai.2014.08.005
- Design of Reinforced Interval Type-2 Fuzzy C-Means-Based Fuzzy Classifier vol.26, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2017.2785244
- Hybrid Fuzzy Wavelet Neural Networks Architecture Based on Polynomial Neural Networks and Fuzzy Set/Relation Inference-Based Wavelet Neurons vol.29, pp.8, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1109/TNNLS.2017.2729589
- Design of face recognition system based on fuzzy transform and radial basis function neural networks pp.1433-7479, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-018-3161-6