- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Experimental Investigation of Ion Mobility Measurements in Oxygen under Different Gas Pressures
- Liu, Yun-Peng (Department of Electrical Engineering, North China Electric Power University) ;
- Huang, Shi-long (Department of Electrical Engineering, North China Electric Power University)
- Received : 2016.08.22
- Accepted : 2016.11.18
- Published : 2017.03.01
In this paper, measurements of ion mobility were performed in oxygen at gas pressures of 44.52 - 101.19 kPa using the drift tube method. Over this pressure range, mobility values were within the limits of 1.796 to
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China
- R. I. Garber, V. D. Partsyrnyi, and I. I. Soloshenko, "Use of an open proportional counter to determine oxygen-ion mobility in air," Russian Physics Journal, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 1560-1561, 1971.
- M. Sarma, W. Janischewskyj, "Analysis of corona losses on DC transmission lines part II-bipolar lines," IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. 88, no. 10, pp. 1476-1491, 1969.
- T. Takuma, T. Ikeda, and T. Kawamoto, "Calculation of ion flow fields of HVDC transmission lines by the finite element method," IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. 100, no. 12, pp. 4802-4810, 1981.
- W. Li, B. Zhang, and J. L. He, "Ion flow field calculation of multi-circuit DC transmission lines," in International Conference on High Voltage Engineering and Application, 2008, pp. 16-19.
- E. A. Mason, and E. W. McDaniel, Transport Properties of Ions in Gases. New York: Wiley, 1988.
- E. C. Whipple, "An improved technique for obtaining atmospheric ion mobility distributions," Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 65, no. 11, pp. 367-3684, 1960. https://doi.org/10.1029/JZ065i001p00367
- K. Suzuki, M. Iritani, T. Mitsukuchi, "Measurements of small ion mobility spectrum with multi-electrodes Gerdien condenser," Atmospheric Research Letters, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 8-15, 1982.
- Y. S. Yue and G. Y. Chen, "Development of measurement apparatus of ion mobility and its changing law with different temperatures and humidities," High Voltage Engineering, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 1696-1703, 2015.
- J. Bricard, M. Cabane, and G. Madelaine, "Study of the mobility of small ions in air by the flight time method," Planetary Electrodynamics, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 243, 1969.
- R. G. Stearns, "Ion mobility measurements in a positive corona discharge," Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 67, no. 6, pp. 2789-2799, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.345445
- J. Bricard, M. Cabane, and G. Madelaine, "Formation of atmospheric ultrafine particles and ions from trace gases," Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 113-124, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9797(77)90375-7
- J. Bricard, M. Cabane, G. Madelaine, and D. Vigla, "Formation and properties of neutral ultrafine particles and small ions conditioned by gaseous impurities of the air," Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 42-58, 1972. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9797(72)90141-5
- M. L. Huertas, A. M. Marty, J. Fontan, I. Alet, and G. Duffa, "Measurement of mobility and mass of atmospheric ions," Journal of Aerosol Science, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 145-150, 1971. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-8502(71)90021-8
- J. T. Ouyang, Z. L. Zhang, and Z. L. Peng, "Electromagnetic radiation from negative corona discharge in air," High Voltage Engineering, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 2237-2241, 2012.
- Y. P. Liu, S. L. Huang, and L. Zhu, "Influence of humidity and air pressure on the ion mobility based on drift tube method," CSEE Journal of Power & Energy Systems, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 37-41, 2015.
- X. Liu, "The negative corona discharge electron source for ion mobility spectrometry," Ph.D. dissertation, Dept. Envir. Eng., HUST. Univ., Wuhan, China, 2012.
- K. Nagato and O. Toshio, "Atmospheric ion mobility spectra near the ground," Planetary & Space Science, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 163-176, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1016/0032-0633(88)90052-9
- Y. M. Ji, B. Zhang, and J. L. He, "Structure analysis and result correction of ion mobility measurement apparatus in air," High Voltage Engineering, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1768-1774, 2014.
- S. Liu, C. Q. Huang, C. Y. Shen, "Asymmetric Control Method for Ion Shutter and the Resolution Improvement of Ion Mobility Spectrum," Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 2881-2885, 2013.
- T. Aschwanden, Swarm Parameters in SF6 and SF6/N2 Mixtures Determined from a Time-Resolved Discharge Study. New York: Pergamon Press, 1984.
- A. G. Arson, and I. M. Bortnik, "Mobility of ions in SF6," in Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Gas Discharges, 1980, pp. 165-167.
- R. T. Waters, O. Farish, and O. Ibrahim, "positive and negative mean ion mobilities in corona discharges in SF6 and mixtures," in Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Gas Discharges and Their Application, 1982, pp. 251-254.
L. N. Tuong, D. Masayuki, S. R. Wang, "The effect of oxygen vacancy on the oxide ion mobility in
$LaAlO_3$-based oxides," Solid State Ionics, vol. 130, no. 1, pp. 229-241, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-2738(00)00640-8
- A. V. Kosarim, B. M. Smirnov, M. Capitelli, "Determination of concentration of excited oxygen atoms on the basis of ion mobility in atmospheric plasma," International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, vol. 253, no. 1, pp. 22-29, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijms.2005.10.011
- C. A. Hill, C. L. P. Thomas, "A pulsed corona discharge switchable high resolution ion mobility spectrometer-mass spectrometer," Analyst, vol. 128, no. 1, pp. 55-60, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1039/b207558j
- A. Ebrahimi, M. T. Jafari, "Negative corona discharge-ion mobility spectrometry as a detection system for low density extraction solvent-based dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction," Talanta, vol. 134, pp. 724-731, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.talanta.2014.12.018
- R. Cumeras, et al, "Review on ion mobility spectrometry. Part 1: current instrumentation," Analyst. vol. 140, no. 5, pp. 1376-1390, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1039/C4AN01100G
- M. Sabo, S. Matejcik, "Ion mobility spectrometry for monitoring high-purity oxygen," Analytical chemistry, vol. 83, no. 6, pp. 1985-1989, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac102687u
- M. Sabo, J. Palenik, M. Kucera, "Atmospheric pressure corona discharge ionisation and ion mobility spectrometry / mass spectrometry study of the negative corona discharge in high purity oxygen and oxygen/nitrogen mixtures," International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, vol. 293, no. 1, pp. 23-27.1985-1989, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijms.2010.03.004
- J. De Urquijo, "Measurement of negative ion mobilities in oxygen at high pressures with a pulsed Townsend technique," Revista Mexicana de Fisica, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 5-12, 1988.
- G. A. Eiceman, Z. Karpas, and H. H. Hill Jr, Ion Mobility Spectrometry. Florida: CRC Press, 2013.
- G. A. Eiceman, E. G. Nazarov, J. E. Rodriguez, and J. A. Stone, "Analysis of a drift tube at ambient pressure: Models and precise measurements in ion mobility spectrometry," Review of Scientific Instruments, vol. 72, no. 9, pp. 3610-3621, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1392339
- P. S. Maruvada, Corona Performance of High-Voltage Transmission Lines, London, UK: Research Studies Press Ltd, 2000, pp. 84.