- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analytical Performance Modelling of Slotted Surface-Mounted Permanent Magnet Machines with Rotor Eccentricity
- Yan, Bo (School of Electrical Engineering, Shandong Univerity) ;
- Wang, Xiuhe (School of Electrical Engineering, Shandong Univerity) ;
- Yang, Yubo (School of Electrical Engineering, Shandong Univerity)
- Received : 2016.06.30
- Accepted : 2016.12.12
- Published : 2017.03.01
This paper presents an improved subdomain method to predict the magnet field distributions and electromagnetic performance of the surface-mounted permanent magnet (SPM) machines with static or dynamic eccentricity. Conventional subdomain models are either based on the scalar magnet potential to predict the rotor eccentricity effect or dependent on the magnetic vector potential without considering the eccentric rotor. In this paper, both the magnetic vector potential and the perturbation theory are introduced in order to accurately calculate the effect of rotor eccentricity on the open-circuit and armature reaction performance. The calculation results are presented and validated by the corresponding finite-element method (FEM) results.
FEM;Magnetic vector potential;Rotor eccentricity;SPM machine;Subdomain method
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China
- Kyung-Tae Kim, Kwang-Suk Kim, Sang-Moon Hwang, Tae-Jong Kim, and Yoong-Ho Jung, "Comparison of magnetic forces for IPM and SPM motor with rotor eccentricity," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 3448-3451, Sept. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.952634
- David G. Dorrell, Min-Fu Hsieh, YouGuang Guo, "Unbalanced magnet pull in large brushless rare-earth permanent magnet motors with rotor eccentricity," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 45, no. 10, pp. 4586-4589, Oct. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2022338
- Shintarou Araki, Toshinari Kondou, Akio Yamagiwa, "Analyses of electromagnetic forces of concentrated winding permanent magnet brushless motors with rotor eccentricity," International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems, Tokyo, Japan, pp. 1-4, Nov. 2009.
- Min-Fu Hsieh, Yu-Han Yeh, "Rotor eccentricity effect on cogging torque of PM generators for small wind turbines," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 1897-1900, May. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2237021
- Ji. L, R. Qu, Y. Cho, "Dynamic eccentricity in singlerotor single-stator axial flux permanent magnet synchronous machine with parallel path windings," IEEE Magnetics Conference, Beijing, China, pp. 1-1, May. 2015.
- Richard Perers, Urban Lundin, Mats Leijon, "Saturation effects on unbalanced magnetic pull in a hydroelectric generator with an eccentric rotor," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 43, no. 10, pp. 3884-3890, Oct. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2007.903275
- Hanafy Mahmoud, Nicola Bianchi, "Eccentricity in synchronous reluctance motors-Part I: analytical and finite-element models," IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion, vol.30, no. 2, pp. 745-753, June. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2014.2384535
- Z. J. Liu, J. T. Li, M. A. Jabbar, "Prediction and analysis of magnetic forces in permanent magnet brushless dc motor with rotor eccentricity," Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 99, no. 8, pp. 1-3, Apr. 2006.
- J. T. Li, Z. J. Liu, L. H. A. Nay, "Effect of radial magnetic forces in permanent magnet motors with rotor eccentricity," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 2525-2527, June. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2007.896204
- Jin-Po Wang, D. K. Lieu, "Magnetic lumped parameter modelling of rotor eccentricity in brushless permanent-magnet motors," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 4226-4231, Sept. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.799071
- L. S. Stephens, M. A. Casemore, "Influence of stator slot geometry and rotor eccentricity on field distribution in cylindrical magnetic actuators," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 1348-1356, Mar. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.996023
- Z. Q. Zhu, L. J. Wu, M. L. Mohd Jamil, "Influence of pole and slot number combinations on cogging torque in permanent-magnet machines with static and rotating eccentricities," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 3265-3277, Sept/Oct. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2014.2308363
- Daeyeon Kim, Myounggyu D. Noh, and Young-woo Park, "Unbalanced Magnetic Forces Due to Rotor Eccentricity in a Toroidally Wound BLDC Motor," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 8203204, July. 2016.
- U. Kim, D. K. Lieu, "Magnetic field calculation in permanent magnet motors with rotor eccentricity: Without slotting effect," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 2243-2252, July. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.703862
- U. Kim, D. K. Lieu, "Magnetic field calculation in permanent magnet motors with rotor eccentricity: With slotting effect considered," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 2253-2266, July. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.703863
- Hao Qian, Hong Guo, Zhiyong Wu, Xiaofeng Ding, "Analytical solution for cogging torque in surfacemounted permanent-magnet motors with magnet imperfections and rotor eccentricity," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 8201615, Aug. 2014.
- Jiajing Fu, Changsheng Zhu, "Subdomain model for predicting magnetic field in slotted surface mounted permanent-magnet machines with rotor eccentricity," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 1906-1917, May. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2178250
- A. Rahideh, T. Korakianitis, "Analytical open-circuit magnetic field distribution of slotless brushless permanent-magnet machines with rotor eccentricity," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 4791-4808, Dec. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2159987
- L. J. Wu, Z. Q. Zhu, D. Staton, M. Popescu, D. Hawkins, "Subdomain model for predicting armature reaction field of surface-mounted permanent-magnet machines accounting for tooth-tips," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 812-822, Apr. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2104969
- L. J. Wu, Z. Q. Zhu, D. Staton, M. Popescu and D. Hawkins, "An improved subdomain model for predicting magnetic field of surface-mounted permanent magnet machines accounting for toothtips," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1693-1704, June. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2116031
- L. J. Wu, Z. Q. Zhu, D. Staton, M. Popescu and D. Hawkins, "Analytical prediction of electromagnetic performance of surface-mounted PM machines based on subdomain model accounting for tooth-tips," IET Electr. Power Appl., vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 597-609, Aug. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2010.0271
- Effects of static eccentricity on the no-load back electromotive force of external rotor permanent magnet brushless DC motor used as in-wheel motor pp.1751-8679, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2018.5394