- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analytical Calculation for Predicting the Air Gap Flux Density in Surface-Mounted Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine
- Feng, Yan-li (National Engineering Laboratory for Electric Vehicle/Collaborative Innovation Center of Electric Vehicles in Beijing, Beijing Institute of Technology) ;
- Zhang, Cheng-ning (National Engineering Laboratory for Electric Vehicle/Collaborative Innovation Center of Electric Vehicles in Beijing, Beijing Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2016.05.20
- Accepted : 2016.12.12
- Published : 2017.03.01
The research of air gap flux density has a significant effect on predicting and optimizing the structure parameters of electrical machines. In the paper, the air gap coefficient, leakage flux factor and saturation coefficient are first analytically expressed in terms of motor properties and structure parameters. Subsequently, the analytical model of average air gap flux density for surface-mounted permanent magnet synchronous machines is proposed with considering slotting effect and saturation. In order to verify the accuracy of the proposed analytical model, the experiment and finite element analysis (FEA) are used. It shows that the analytical results keep consistency well with the experimental result and FEA results, and the errors between FEA results and analytical results are less than 5% for SPM with high power. Finally, the analytical model is applied to optimizing the motor structure parameters. The optimal results indicate that the analytical calculation model provides a great potential to the machine design and optimization.
Air gap flux density;Machine optimization;Saturation coefficient;SPM
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of china
- Hwang Chang-Chou, Hung San-Shan, Liu Cheng-Tsung and Cheng Shih-Ping, "Optimal Design of a High Speed SPM Motor for Machine Tool Applications," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 2478-2481, 2014.
- Marco Villani, Giuseppe Fabri, Luca Castellini, "High reliability permanent magnet brushless motor drive for aircraft application," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 2073-2081, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2011.2160514
- Hejra Msaddek, Stephane Brisset, Ali Mansouri and Hafedh Trabelsi, "Design and optimization of PMSM with outer rotor for electric vehicle," in Proceedings of System,Signal & Device Conference, 2015.
- Hwang Chang-Chou, Lyu Li-Yang, Liu Cheng-Tsung and Li Ping-Lun, "Optimal Design of an SPM Motor Using Genetic Algorithms and Taguchi Method," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 4325-4328, Nov. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2008.2001526
- N. Bianchi and S. Bolognani, "Design optimisation of electric motors by genetic algorithms," in Proceedings of IEE Electr. Power Appl., vol. 145, no. 5, pp. 475-483, Sep. 1998.
- H. C. M. Mai, R. Bernard, P. Bigot, F. Dubas, D. Chamagne and C. Espanet, "Optimal design of a PMSM using concentrated winding for application urban hybrid vehicle," Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, pp. 1-6, Sep.2010.
- Samad Taghipour Boroujeni and Vahid Zamani, "A Novel Analytical Model for No-Load, Slotted, Surface-Mounted PM Machines: Air Gap Flux Density and Cogging Torque," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 51, no. 4, Art.ID. 8104008, 2015.
- Thierry Lubin, Smail Mezani and Abderrezak Rezzoug, "Two-Dimensional Analytical Calculation of Magnetic Field and Electromagnetic Torque for Surface-Inset Permanent-Magnet Motors," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 2080-2091, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2180918
- Jung-Moo Seo, In-Soung Jung, Hyun-Kyo Jung and Jong-Suk Ro, "Analysis of Overhang Effect for a Surface-Mounted Permanent Magnet Machine Using a Lumped Magnetic Circuit Model," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 50, no. 5, Art.ID.8201207, 2014.
- Mingji Liu, Zhi Han, Yawei Pei and Pengfei Shi, "Optimization of Permanent Magnet Motor Air gap Flux Density Based on the Non-uniform Air Gap," in Proceedings of IEEE Mechatronic Sciences, Electric Engineering and Computer Conference, pp. 3422-3426, 2013.
- Thierry Lubin, Smail Mezani and Abderrezak Rezzoug, "2-D exact analytical model for surfacemounted permanent magnet motors with semi-closed slots," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 479-492, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2010.2095874
- Ronghai Qu and Thomas A. Lipo, "Analysis and modeling of air-gap and zigzag leakage fluxes in a surface-mounted permanent-magnet machine," IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 121-127, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2003.821790
- Bi Liuxin, Wang S and Xia Y., "Calculation of leakage permeance in a surface-mounted permanent magnet machine," Journal of Tsinghua University, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 525-528, 2010.
- Tang Renyuan, "Modern Permanent Magnet Machines," China Mechanical Press, Beijing, China, 2012.
- Fast analytical calculation of the air-gap flux density in an outer-rotor permanent-magnet brushless motor vol.189, pp.2261-236X, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201818906008
- Tolerance Sensitivity Analysis and Robust Optimal Design Method of a Surface-Mounted Permanent Magnet Motor by Using a Hybrid Response Surface Method Considering Manufacturing Tolerances vol.11, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/en11051159