- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Method Based on Sparse Signal Decomposition for Harmonic and Inter-harmonic Analysis of Power System
- Chen, Lei (Dept. of Electrical and information Engineering, Northeast Petroleum University) ;
- Zheng, Dezhong (School of Electrical Engineering, Yanshan University) ;
- Chen, Shuang (School of Math and Information Technology, Hebei Normal University of Science and Technology) ;
- Han, Baoru (Hainan Software Profession Institute)
- Received : 2016.07.08
- Accepted : 2016.12.24
- Published : 2017.03.01
Harmonic/inter-harmonic detection and analysis is an important issue in power system signal processing. This paper proposes a fast algorithm based on matching pursuit (MP) sparse signal decomposition, which can be employed to extract the harmonic or inter-harmonic components of a distorted electric voltage/current signal. In the MP iterations, the method extracts harmonic/inter-harmonic components in order according to the spectrum peak. The Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) and nonlinear optimization techniques are used in the decomposition to realize fast and accurate estimation of the parameters. First, the frequency estimation value corresponding to the maxim spectrum peak in the present residual is obtained, and the phase corresponding to this frequency is searched in discrete sinusoids dictionary. Then the frequency and phase estimations are taken as initial values of the unknown parameters for Nelder-Mead to acquire the optimized parameters. Finally, the duration time of the disturbance is determined by comparing the inner products, and the amplitude is achieved according to the matching expression of the harmonic or inter-harmonic. Simulations and actual signal tests are performed to illustrate the effectiveness and feasibility of the proposed method.
Matching pursuit algorithm;Harmonic;Inter-harmonic;Sinusoids dictionary;Fast Fourier Transform (FFT);Sparse decomposition;Optimal computation
Supported by : Natural Science Foundation of Hainan Province
- Yilmaz, M. Ermis, and I. Cadirci, "Mediumfrequency induction melting furnace as a load on the power system," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 1203-1214, Apr. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2012.2199457
- Z. Leonowicz, T. Lobos, and J. Rezmer, "Advanced spectrum estimation methods for signal analysis in power electronics," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 514-519, Mar. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2003.812361
- H. Wen, S. Guo, Z. Teng, F. Li, and Y. Yang, "Frequency estimation o f distorted and noisy signals in power systems by FFT-based approach," IEEE Transactions on Power System, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 765-774, Feb. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2013.2283273
- F. Jurado, and JR. Saenz, "Comparison between discrete STFT and wavelets for the analysis of power quality events," Electric Power System Research, vol. 62, no.3, pp. 192-199, Mar. 2002.
- R. I. Diego, and J. Barros, "Global method for timefrequency analysis of harmonic distortion in power systems using the wavelet packet transform," Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 79, no. 8, pp. 1226-1239, Aug. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2009.03.002
- J. Macias and A. Gomez-Exposito, "Self-tuning of Kalman filters for harmonic computation," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 501-503, Jan. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2005.860411
- C. Guo, Q.Z. Li, and J.M. He, "Segmentation Prony algorithm on harmonics and inter-harmonics detection of power networks," Power System Technology, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 21-25, Mar. 2010.
- Y. H. Zhang, W. R. Duan and T. Y. Li, "Method to detect harmonics and inter-harmonics based on multiple-level EEMD and Wigner-Ville distribution," Advanced Technology of Electrical Engineering and Energy, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 66-71, Mar. 2015.
- S. Jain and S. Singh, "Exact model order esprit technique for harmonics and inter-harmonics estimation," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 1915-1923, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2012.2182709
- D. D. Ferreira, E. A. Nagata, S. C. Ferreira, J.M.D. Seixas and C.A. Duque, "Method based on independent component analysis for harmonic extraction from power system signals," Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 119, no. 2, pp. 19-24, Feb. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2014.09.001
- L.L. Meng, C.D. Sun and X.D. Wang, "Harmonic/inter-harmonic detection based on DNS-MUSIC function," Electric Power Automation Equipment, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 89-94, Feb. 2012.
- Z.L. Xiao, R.X. Gong and S. Chen, "Detection of harmonics in power system based on modified Stransform," Power System Protection and Control, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 89-94, Mar. 2015.
- G. Z. Fang, C. Yang and H. Zhao, "Detection of harmonic in power system based on FFT and wavelet packet," Power System Protection and Control, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 75-79, May 2012.
- J. K. Chen, H. Y. Li, S. Y. Yang and B. Q. Kou, "Application of wavelet packet singularity entropy and PSD in power harmonics detection," Transactions of China Electro- technical Society, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 193-199, Aug. 2010.
- C. Huang, Z.J. Zhu, Y.J. Cao and F. Wang, "A novel power system harmonic and interharmonic analysis method," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 32-39, Sept. 2013.
- C.J. Huan, W.S. Cao, T.J. Chen, "Application of local mean decomposition in power quality disturbance detection," Electric Power Automation Equipment, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 68-73, Aug. 2013.
- S. Y. Hou, W. Y. Zhang, T. Sun, "Analysis on matching features of power Quality disturbances based on orthogonal optimization of time-frequency atom decomposition," Power System Technology, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 647-652, Mar. 2013.
- M. Li, G.X. Zhang and X.R. Wang, "Application of time-frequency atom method in inter-harmonics analysis," Power System Technology, vol. 33, no. 17, pp. 81-85, Aug. 2009.
- Y. J. Zhang, Q. W. Gong and X. Li, "Application of atomic decomposition based on PSO in interharmonics analysis," Power System Protection and Control, vol. 41, no.15, pp. 41-48, Aug. 2013.
- S. Mallat and Z. Zhang, "Matching pursuits with time-frequency dictionaries," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 41, no.12, pp. 3397-3415, Dec. 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/78.258082
- J. A. Nelder, and R. Mead, "A simplex method for function minimization," Computer Journal, vol. 7, no.1, pp. 41-48, Apr. 1965.
- Z. Y. Cheng, J. K. Zuo, D. Liang and J. Q. Wang, "Detection of power system harmonic based on beamspace root-MUSIC," Transactions of Beijing Institute of Technology, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 3397-3415, Feb. 2014.
- Identification of Non-Stationary Magnetic Field Sources Using the Matching Pursuit Method vol.10, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/en10050655