- Volume 32 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Regional Traffic Accident Model of Elderly Drivers based on Urban Decline Index
도시쇠퇴 지표를 적용한 지역별 고령운전자 교통사고 영향 분석
- Received : 2017.08.01
- Accepted : 2017.08.25
- Published : 2017.12.31
This study deals with the relation between traffic accident and urban decline. The purpose of this study is to develop the regional accident models of elderly drivers. In order to develop the count data models, 2009-2015 traffic accident data from TAAS(traffic accident analysis system) and urban decline data from urban regeneration information system are collected. The main results are as follows. First, the null hypothesis that there is no difference in the accident number between elderly and non-elderly drivers is rejected. Second, 8 accident models which are all statistically significant have been developed. Finally, common variables between elderly and non-elderly are ratio of elderly people, elderly person living alone/1,000 persons and wholesale/retail employments/1,000 persons. This study could be expected to give many implications to making regional accident reduction policy.
urban decline;elderly;non-elderly;traffic accident;accident model
- B. H. Park and J. Y. Kim, "An Analysis of the Decline Types of Small-and-Medium Sized Cities in Korea", Journal of the Korean Urban Geographical Society, Vol.12, No. 3, pp. 125-137, 2009.
- K. Y. Kim, T. H. Baek, J. K. Lim and B. H. Park, "Traffic Accident Density Models Reflecting the Characteristics of the Traffic Analysis Zone in Cheongju", Journal of Highway Engineering, Vol.17, No. 6, pp. 75-76, 2015.
- T. H. Kim, E. K. Kim and J. H. Rho, "Analysis of Old Driver's Accident Influencing Factors Considering Human Factors", J. Korean Soc. Saf., Vol.24, No. 1, pp. 69-77, 2009.
- S. T. Choi, H. S. Lee, S. H. Choo and S. J. Kim, "Development of Severity Model for Elderly Pedestrian Accident Considering Urban Facility Factor", J. Korean Soc. Saf., Vol.30, No. 1, pp. 94-103, 2015.
- R. L. Gordon and S. Tarek, "Macro-level Collision Prediction Models for Evaluating Neighbourhood Traffic Safety", Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 33, No. 5, pp. 609-621, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1139/l06-013
- S. S. Pulugurtha, V. R. Dubbi and Y. Kotagiri, "Traffic Analysis Zone Level Crash Estimation Models based on Land Use Characteristics", Accident Analysis & Prevention, Vol. 50, No. 1, pp. 678-687, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2012.06.016