- Volume 32 Issue 6
Vapor-liquid equilibrium calculation is required to properly design and operation of distillation process. The general calculation method is to use binary interaction parameter. Lower flash points of cyclohexanol+aniline and cyclohexanol+cyclohexanone were measured by using Seta-flash closed cup apparatus. The measured flash points were compared with those calculated by the method based on Raoult's law and the optimization method using Wilson equation. The absolute average errors(A.A.E.) of the results calculated by Raout's law are
lower flash point;seta-flash closed cup;wilson;optimization method;dew point
- A. Haghtalab, J.Y. Seyf, and Y. Mansouri, "Flash Point Prediction of the Binary and Ternary Systems using the Different Local Composition Activity Coefficient Models", Fluid Phase Equilibria, Vol. 415, pp. 58-63, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fluid.2016.01.002
- J.R. Rowley, D.K. Freeman, R.L. Rowley, J.L. Oscarson, N.F. Giles, and W.V. Wilding, "Flash Point : Evaluation, Experimentation and Estimation", Int J Themophys, Vol. 31, pp. 875-887, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10765-010-0716-x
- E. Meyer, "Chemistry of Hazardous Material", 2nd ed., Prentice-Hall, 1990.
- K. Satyanarayana and M.C. Katati, "Note : Correlation of Flash Points", Fire and Materials, Vol. 15, pp. 97-102, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1002/fam.810150208
- G.S. Patil, "Eatimation of Flash Point", Fire and Materials, Vol. 12, pp. 127-132, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1002/fam.810120307
- L. Caoire, S. Paulmier, and V. Naudet, "Experimental Determination and Estimation of Closed Cup Flash Points of Mixtures of Flammable Solvents", Process Saf. Prog., Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 33-39, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1002/prs.10112
- L. Caoire, S. Paulmier, and V. Naudet, "Estimation of Closed Cup Flash Points of Combustible Solvent Blends", J. Phy. Chem. Ref. Data, Vol.35, No. 1, pp. 9-14, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1928236
- W.A. Affens and G.W. Mclaren, "Flammability Properties of Hydrocarbon Solutions in Air", J. of Chem. Ind. Eng. Chem. & Eng. Data, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 482-488, 1972. https://doi.org/10.1021/je60055a040
- D. White, C.L. Beyler, C. Fulper, and J. Leonard, "Flame spread on aviation fuels", Fire Saf. J., Vol. 28, pp. 1-31, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0379-7112(96)00070-7
- H.J. Liaw, Y.H. Lee, C.L. Tang, H.H. Hsu and J.H. Liu, "A Mathematical Model for Predicting the Flash Point of Binary Solutions", J. of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, Vol. 15, pp. 429-438, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0950-4230(02)00068-2
- S.J. Lee and D.M. Ha, "The Lower Flash Points of Binary Systems Containing Non-Flammable Component", Korean J. Chem. Eng., Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 799-802, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02697279
- D.M. Ha and S.J. Lee, "Bubble Point Calculation using Experimental Flash Points of Binary Solutions", KIGAS, Vol. 31, No. 6, pp. 39-44, 2016.
- B.E. Poling, J.M. Prausnitz, and J.P. O'Connell, "The Properties of Gases and Liquids", 5th Ed., McGraw-Hill, New York, 2001.
- G. M. Wilson, "Vapor Liquid Equilibrium. XI. A New Expression for the Excess Free Energy of Mixing", Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 86, pp. 127-130, 1964. https://doi.org/10.1021/ja01056a002
- D.M. Ha and S.J. Lee, "The Flash Point Measurement for Binary Flammable Mixture", KIGAS, Vol 18, No. 5, pp. 60-65, 2014.
- American Society for Testing Materials, Annual Book of ASTM Standards, Vol. 06.01, 1999.
- Le Chatelier, "Esimation of Firedamp by Flammability limits", Ann. Minmes, Vol. 19, pp. 388-392, 1891.
- J. Gmehing, U. Onken and W. Arlt, "Vapor-Liquid Equilibrium Data Collection", 1, Part1-Part7, DECHEMA, 1980.
- D.M. Ha and S.J. Lee, "Prediction and Measurement of the Lower Flash Points for Flammable Binary Solutions by Using a Setaflash Closed Cup Tester", Korean J. Chem. Eng., Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 1161-1165, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11814-010-0478-y
- J.L. Kuester and J.H. Mize, "Optimization Techniques with Fortran", McGraw-Hill, New York, 1973.
- J.M. Smith and N.C. Van Ness, "Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics", McGraw-Hill, New York, 1975.
- M. Vidal, W.J. Rogers, and M.S. Mannan, "Prediction of Minimum Flash Behaviour for Binary Mixtures", Process Safety and Environmental Protection, Vol. 84, pp. 1-9, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1205/psep.05041
- J. Lim, S. Jang, H. Kim, H.K. Cho, and M.S. Shin, "Solubility of Triclocarban in Pure Alkanols at Different Temperatures", Korean J. Chem. Eng., Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 181-186, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11814-012-0099-8
- D.M. Ha and S.J. Lee, "Flash Point Calculation for n-Octane+n-Decane and n-Octane+n-Dodecane by UNIFAC Group Contribution Model", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol 30, No. 4, pp. 86-91, 2015.
- D.M. Ha and S.J. Lee, "Bubble Point Calculation using Experimental Flash Points of Binary Solutions", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol 31, No. 6, pp. 39-44, 2016.
Supported by : 세명대학교