- Volume 32 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Optimal Make of X-ray Ionizer using the Monte Carlo N-Particle Extended Code(II)
Monte Carlo N-Particle Extended Code를 이용한 연 X선 정전기제거장치의 최적제작에 관한 연구(II)
- Received : 2017.09.14
- Accepted : 2017.10.24
- Published : 2017.12.31
In order to solve this sort of electrostatic failure in Display and Semiconductor process, Soft X-ray ionizer is mainly used. Soft X-ray Ionizer does not only generate electrical noise and minute particle but also is efficient to remove electrostatic as it has a wide range of ionization. There exist variable factors such as type of tungsten thickness deposited on target, Anode voltage etc., and it takes a lot of time and financial resource to find optimal performance by manufacturing with actual X-ray tube source. Here, MCNPX (Monte Carlo N-Particle Extended) is used for simulation to solve this kind of problem, and optimum efficiency of X-ray generation is anticipated. In this study, X-ray generation efficiency was compared according to target material thickness using MCNPX and actual X-ray tube source under the conditions that tube voltage is 5 keV, 10 keV, 15 keV and the target Material is Tungsten(W). At the result, In Tube voltage 5 keV and distance 100 mm, optimal target thickness is
decay time;ion balance;target material;soft x-ray ionizer;monte carlo N-particle extended;x-ray generation
- Masanori Suzuki, "Clean Technology", pp. 2-31, 1992.
- Ministry of commerce Industry and Energy, Korean Agency for Technology and Standards, "The Standard Study for Ionizer Evaluation Method", pp.224-236, 2005.
- D. H. Lee, P. H. Jeong, S. H. Lee, S. H. Kim, "Development of the Most Optimized Ionizer for Reduction in the Atmospheric Pressure and Inert Gas Area" J. Korean Soc. Saf., Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 42-46, 2016.
- M. J. Berge, J. W. Motz, "X-rays from Thick Tungsten Targets Irradiated by 500-50 keV Electrons", Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms Vol. 226, pp. 327-344, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nimb.2004.05.036
- P. H. Jeong and D. H. Lee "A Study on the Optimal Design of Soft X-ray Ionizer using the Monte Carlo N-Particle Extended Code", J. Korean Soc. Saf., Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 34-37, 2017.
- H. S. Hong and K. S. Joo, "A Study on Comparison of Resolution according to Filter Material and Calculation of the Radiation Dose of X-ray Generator using MCNPX Code", Master's Thesis of Myongji Univ, pp. 2-16, 2015.
- S. Y. Kwon and D. H. Lee, "A Study on Characteristics of Electrostatic Eliminator used Corona Discharge and Soft X-ray", Doctor's Thesis of Pukyong Nat'l Univ, pp. 21-25 2010.
- M. Oki, "High Voltage Engineering", pp.22-77, 1989.
- P. J Duke and A.G. Michette, "Modern Microscopies, Techniques and Applications", Plenum Press New york, pp. 41-45, 1990.
Supported by : 부경대학교