- Volume 48 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
An Investigation on the Opinion of the Librarian concerning the Subject-Specialized Service and Librarianship
주제별 특성화서비스 및 주제전문사서에 대한 현장사서의 의견 조사 연구
- Received : 2017.11.19
- Accepted : 2017.12.19
- Published : 2017.12.30
The purpose of this study is to investigate the field librarians' opinions of the library specialization and specialized librarian and understand the librarians' working conditions and environment. Questionnaire were developed based on the previous studies and surveys were conducted with the librarians of public libraries, university libraries, and professional librarians across the nation. A total of 392 librarians have responded to the survey. As for the main result, the users' satisfaction with the specialization service was perceived to be high, and the most difficult matter in performing the specialization service is the lack of knowledge on the subject matter, and the library environment for the specialization service is not enough. The specialization service should be led by the theme specialized librarians, and the qualification criteria for the theme specialized librarians are required, and the qualification systems should be managed by the state.
- Biddiscombe, Richard. 2002 "Learning Support Professionals : The Changing Role of Subject Speciallists in UK Academic Libraries." Program Electronic Library and Information Systems, 36(4): 228-235. https://doi.org/10.1108/00330330210447190
- Feldman, L. 2006. "Subject Librarians in the Changing Academic Library." Electronic Journal of Academic and Special Librarianship, 7(3).
- Graham, John-Bauer and Sonja L. McAbee. 2005. "Expectations, Realities, and Perceptions of Subject Specialist Librarians' Duties in Medium-Sized Academic Libraries." The Journal of Academic Librarianship, 31(1): 19-28. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acalib.2004.09.006
- Pinfield, Stephen. 2001. "The Changing Role of Subject Librarians in an Academic Library." Journal of Librarianship and Information Science, 33(1): 32-38. https://doi.org/10.1177/096100060103300104
- White, G. W. 1999. "Academic subject specialist positions in the United States: A content analysis of announcements from 1990 through 1998." Journal of Academic Librarianship, 25(5): 372-382. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0099-1333(99)80056-1
- Choi, Hung-Sik. 2012. "A Study of Reconsideration for Users in the Subject-Special Librarians of the University Libraries." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 43(1): 303-319. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.43.1.201203.303
- Chung, Jae-Young. 2007. "A Study on the Cooperation Model of Subject Specialist Upbringing Plan : Focusing on the Role of the Subjects Related to Library." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 41(1): 391-409. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2007.41.1.391
- Chung, Jae-Young. 2009. "A Study on Operational Plan of Subject Specialist Librarian at Academic Libraries : Focus on Case Analysis of Three Academic Libraries." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 40(3): 119-136. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.40.3.200909.119
- Han, Sang-Wan. 1986. Functional Study of Subject Librarians in Korea's University Library Information Service. Ph. D. diss., Yonsei University Graduate School Department of Library.
- Jeong, Dong-Youl. 2002. "A Study on the Role Model of Subject Specialization in Academic Libraries." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 36(3): 5-23. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2002.36.3.005
- Kim, Se-Hun. 2004. Strengthening Library Expertise : Focusing on librarian expertise. Seoul: Korea Culture & Tourism Institute.
- Kwak, Seung-Jin, Younghee Noh and Dong-Seok Kim. 2015. "A Study on Need Analysis for User-Customized Policy Information Services." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 49(2): 75-109. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2015.49.2.075
- Lee, Yong-Jae. 1998. "Introducing the 'Subject Librarian System' into the University Libraries in Korea in their Present Developmental Stage." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 29: 273-311.
- Ahn, In-Ja et al. 2008. "A Study on the Job Analysis of the Subject Specialist Librarians in Korea." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 42(4): 533-549. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2008.42.4.533
- Ahn, In-Ja et al. 2009. "Competency Based Curriculum Development of Subject Specialist Librarians." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 43(1): 333-361. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2009.43.1.333
- Noh, Young-Hee. 2009. "A Study on How to Introduce Subject-Oriented Service to University Libraries Based on Their Size in Korea." Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 20(1): 101-117.
- Oh, Eui-Kyung. 2016. "A Study on Improving Perception of Subject-Special Librarian and Subject-Special Services." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 50(1): 437-456. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2016.50.1.437
- Shim, Wonsik. 2009. "Curriculum Development of Training Librarians for Subject Liaison Service." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 40(1): 541-560. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.40.1.200903.541
- Yoon, Hee-Yoon. 2005. "A Study on the Improving Personnel System of Librarianship in Korea." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 39(3): 45-73. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2005.39.3.045
- Yoon, Yung-Dai. 2003. "A Study of Education for Medical Librarianship." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 34(1): 131-146.