- Volume 20 Issue 5
This study propose CAE analysis of fire damper and design of the damper control system. Through the design of the damper system for ANSYS-CFX heat transfer. As a result of the analysis, continuance equation of the damper control. Climate system. Finaily, We have obtained a fire damper solution by using orthogonal array. The fire damper of the set of fixture and alveolus are made by using a CAE software. Also, the optimum design offshore structures. The new H-120 class fire damper was designed. In the near future, fire resistance test was carried out to obtain class H-120 thermal insulation of fire dampers according to a hydrocarbon fire conditions. The test results showed that the insulation of the damper blade was an important factor in the fireproof performance of fire dampers concerning the coaming length minimum 500mm on the unexposed side as specified test standard.
- S. C. Jang, "Analysis CFD/CAE of Fire Damper for Offshore Structures", Proc. of KSMTE 2011 Spring Conf., pp. 375-376. (2011).
- S. C. Jang, "Design Optimization of Fire-Damper for Marine Plants", Proc. of KSMTE Fall Conf., pp. 375-376. (2012).
- DNV, "Standard for Certification-No. 2.9," NOR, Type Approval Programme No. 470, (2003).
- ASTM, "Standard Test Methods for Determining Effects of Large Hydrocarbon Pool Fires on Insulated Marine Bulkheads and Decks, Constructed of Steel," USA, ASTM F 2133-01, (2007).
- IMO, "Adoption of the International Code for Application Fire Test Procedures," IMO Res 307(88), (2010).