- Volume 13 Issue 4
With the advent of virtual money such as bit coins, interest in the block chain is increasing. Block Chain is a technology that supports Distributed Ledger and is a versatile technology applicable to various fields. Currently, the block chain is conducting research for various applications such as virtual money, trade finance, marketplace, power market, image contents service, and IoT. The technologies that make up the block chain are smart contract, digital signature/hash function and consensus algorithm. And these technologies operate on P2P networks. In this paper, we have studied e-mail system based on the ethereum which is one of the block chain based technologies. Most legacy mail systems use SMTP and the POP3/IMAP protocol to send and receive e-mail, and e-mail use S/MIME to protect the e-mail. However, S/MIME is vulnerable to DDoS attacks because it is configured centrally. And it also does not provide non-repudiation of mail reception. To overcome these weaknesses, we proposed an e-mail system model based on ethereum. The proposed model is able to cope with DDoS attack and forgery prevention by using block chain based technology, and reliable recording and management among block chain participants are provided, so that it is possible to provide a non-repudiation function of e-mail transmission and reception.
- Ethereum: White paper, A next-generation smart contract and decentralized application platform, Sept. 2014.
- 이부형, 이성범, 문지연, 이종혁, "해시 트리 기반의 경량화된 DTLS 메시지 인증," 한국통신학회, 한국통신학회논문지, 40(10), 2015. 10, pp. 1969-1975. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2015.40.10.1969
- S. Nakamoto, Bitcoin: A peer-to-peer electronic cash system, Oct. 2008.
- K. Lee, et al., "Electronic voting service using block-chain," JDFSL, Vol. 11, No. 2, June. 2016, pp. 123-135.
- C. D. Clack, V. A. Bakshi, and L. Braine, "Smart contract templates: foundations, design landscape and research directions," arXiv preprint arXiv:1608.00771, Aug. 2016.
- K. Delmolino, et al., "A programmer's guide to ethereum and serpent," University of Maryland, May. 2015.
- 이부형, 이민영, 고현서, 명소희, 김미옥, 이종혁, "Ethereum Whisper 기반의 안전한 모바일 메신저," 한국통신학회, 한국통신학회논문지, 42(7), 2017. 7, pp. 1477-1484.
- Ethereum Github Wiki(2016), Retrieved Mar., 27, 2017, https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki.
- 김태형, "블록체인 개념 및 분야별 활용사례 분석," 대한전기협회 전기저널, 제487호, 2017. 7, pp. 58-65.
- 이동영, 박지우, 이준하, 이상록, 박수용, "블록체인 핵심 기술과 국내외 동향," 한국정보과학회, 정보과학회지, 35(6), 2017. 6, pp. 22-28.
- 아카하네 요시하루 외, 블록체인 구조와 이론, 위키북스, 2017년 6월.