- Volume 8 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Critical Review of Research Studies on Crime Victim Support in Korea
한국에서의 범죄피해자 지원에 관한 연구 개관 및 방향제안
- Kang, Alicia S. (Stress Clinic, KAIST Clinic) ;
- Chang, Eun Jin (Department of Counseling Psychology, Korea Baptist Theological University)
- Received : 2017.10.20
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
This study reviewed literatures on crime victim support in Korea. KERIS, KISS and NANET were searched with "Victims of Crime Support" as keywords. In result, 314 were satisfied the eligible criteria for the review. The number of articles have steadily increased especially after the related law & policy were announced and after the outbreak of violent crimes. Among the research methods, qualitative studies appeared the most. Regarding the research topics, articles related to implementation of the law and policy ranked the highest in number. Among the type of crimes the number of sexual and domestic violence were reported the most. The number of studies on children and adolescent was shown with the highest frequency in minor groups. Finally, the psychological support appeared relatively low. This study suggests more empirical studies on psychological support for crime victims need to be administered as its future direction.
- http://www.spo.go.kr/spo/info/stats/stats0202_2016.jsp Prosecution Service, pp. 3-39, 2016.
- Crime Victim Protection Law 3-1-1, http://www.law.go.kr/
- Theory and Practice of Crime Victim Protection and Support I, Korean Institute of Criminology, p. 159, 2011.
- Theory and Practice of Crime Victim Protection and Support, Korean Institute of Criminology, pp. 183-184, 2016.
- S. W. Moon, "Psychological Aspects of Victim Support", Korean Association of Victimology, Vol. 18, No.2, pp. 5-45, 2010.
- P. W. Rodino, "Current legislation on victim assistance," American Psychologist, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 104-106, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.40.1.104
- D. W. Kang, G. C. Song, "Problems and Improvement of the Crime Victim Support System," Korean Journal of Victimology, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 63-90, 2015.
- Lecture on Crime Victim Support Professional Training, Korean Institute of Criminology, pp. 27-54, 2016.
- J. S. Gong, "A Study on PTSD of Violent Criminal Victims in Korea-family of murdered victims, victims of attempted murder, victims of arson, other victims of violence," Journal of Korean Criminal Psychology, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 29-50, 2015.
- H. S. Joo, "A comparative study of PTSD severity, anxiety, depression, and PTSD risk factors according to overlapping trauma types," Korean Association of Psychology 2008 Annual Conference, Vol. 1, pp. 326-327, 2008.
- E. J. Chang, "Psychology of Crime Victims", Basic Lecture Guide for Crime Victim Professional Training, Korean Institute of Criminology, p. 55-87, 2016.
- T. K. Kim, "The Severity of Violent Crime Trauma and Current Support System and its Limitations," Seminar on Building Psychological Support System for the Violent Crime Victims, pp. 29-40, 2016.
- H. C. Kim, "Comprehensive Countermeasure for Strengthening of the Victim Support," Korean Journal of Victimology, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp.165-182, 2005.
- 2014 Victims of Crime Protection Fund Management Association Establishment & Operation Plan, Ministry of Justice
- J. Higgins, Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions, Wiley, 2011.
- E. J. Chang, "Critical Review of the Current Study on School Violence Perpetration," The Korean Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 153-175, 2013.
- S. Y. Kim, J Park, H. Seo, H. Seo, H. Son, C. Shin, Y. Lee, B. Chang, D. Hur, NECA's guidance for undertaking systematic reviews and meta-analyses for intervention, NECA, NECA Research Methodology Series, pp. 1-287, 2011.
- D. K. Lee, H. J. Park, K. W. Yang, "Investigation on Focusing Event-Related Policy Change Model," Journal of Korean Public Policy, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 107-132, 2011.
- K. H. Lee, "A Study on the Criminal Policy Countermeasures against Random Crime," Law Review, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 207-225, 2017.
- J. Y. Kim, H. M. Park, "Study on Establishment of Crime Victim Support System and Development of Psychological Therapy Program," Cooperative Study Report 14-07-01, Korean Institute of Criminology, 2017.
- I. S. Choi, S. R. Lee, K. S. Cho, "Study of Crime Victims in Korea," Korean Institute of Criminology, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 23-335, 2006.
- D. W. Kang, G. C. Song, "Legislation Problems and Reorganization Meaures related to Crime Victim Protection and Support System," The Institute for Legal Studies, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 73-101, 2016. https://doi.org/10.18018/HYLR.2016.33.2.73