- Volume 8 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Fusion Program of Tea Ceremony and Applications to Reduce the Cultural Adaptation Stress of Chinese Students in Korea
중국 유학생의 문화적응 스트레스 감소를 위한 참나다례와 앱의 융합 프로그램
- Kim, In-Sook (Dept. of Social Welfare, Tongmyong University) ;
- Cho, Kwangmoon (Dept. of Electronic Commerce, Mokpo National University)
- Received : 2017.10.20
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
Recently, at university, the number of international students from China is increasing, and we want to improve their adaptation to college life, In this research, we applied a fusion program of the tea ceremony to respect and to enhance true self through tea culture for Chinese students and seeing the tea ceremony application in Chinese. The targeting 10 international students in T University of P City have participated directly to the tea ceremony experience program once a week for 4 sessions, and watching the tea ceremony app twice or more everyday for 30 days. As the result, the average stress score of cultural adaptation of Chinese students before participating in the program was 98.5 (SD 9.63), and after participating in the program that was 93.9 (SD 9.67). And it was confirmed that the stress score level of cultural adaptation before and after participation in the program was significantly different (Z=6.702***, P=.000). Therefore, this program can be effective to reduce the cultural adaptation stress to Chinese students.
- Redfield, R., Linton, R, & Herkovits, O,. Memorandum on the Study of Acculturation. American Anthropologist, 38 : 149-152. 1936. https://doi.org/10.1525/aa.1936.38.1.02a00330
- Um Hye Kyung. A Study on the Adaptation of Korean Culture to Foreign Students in Korea: Focusing on Five Universities in Seoul. Chung - Ang University Graduate School Master 's Thesis, 2004.
- Hwang Lari, Adaptation training of domestic Chinese students to college life: Cultural adaptation stress. support. Focusing on active coping strategies. Catholic University Master Thesis. 2010.
- Philps, T. & Norsworthy, B. The World at Your Door : Reaching International students in Your Home, Church, and School. Minneapolis : Bethany House. 1997.
- Lim Chun - hee, Stress and Adaptation of Chinese Students in College Life Culture. Korean Journal of Life Science, 18 (1), 93-112. 200
- Yoon, Young - Joo, A Study on the Cultural Adaptation Stress of Korean Chinese in Korea. Thesis for Master's Degree in Chung-Ang University. 2002
- Kim, Sam - Hwa, Development of Interpersonal Education Program in Multicultural Context. Ph.D Thesis, Seoul National University Graduate School. 2005
- I. S. Kim, S. M. Cho, The Stress Alleviation Effect of Tea-Culture Therapy for Probation Officers-Targeted on the Probation Officers in U City. Korea Tea Journal, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 1-9, 2013.
- I. S. Kim, "The Effect of Tea Culture Therapy Program for the Improvement of Self-Efficacy of Tea Culture Therapy Program for the Improvement of Self-Esteem of the Offenders Monitored by GPS System -Targeted on the Sex Offenders Probationers in -", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 307-315, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.6.307
- HTTP, http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1180001&cid=40942&categoryId=32851/.
- HTML245&cid=42107&categoryId=42107/.5, http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=2079
- I. S. Kim, K. M .Cho, T. K. Kim, The Popularization of True Self Tea Ceremony Using the Standard Web Protocol Technology, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society Vol. 8, No. 2, pp.253-258, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.2.253
- YouTube, http://www.YouTube.com/.
- Sandhu, D. S. & Asrabadi, B. R.Development of acculturative stress scale for International Student: Preliminary findings. PsychologicalReports, 75, 435-448. 1994.
- The Relationship between Stress of Cultural Transformation and the Belief System and Social Support of International Students. Master Thesis. Yonsei University Graduate School, 1996.
- The Relationship between Cultural Adaptation Stress and Adaptation to College Life in China Master Thesis. Graduate School of Education, Wonkwang University, 2008.