- Volume 8 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
소방공무원의 정신건강과 직무스트레스, 감정노동, 회복탄력성간의 융합관계
The Relationship among Job stress, Emotional labor, Resilience and Mental Health in Firefighters
- Kim, Yeon-Jung (Dept. of Nursing, Korea Nazarene University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Hyeon (Chung Cheong Fire Service Academy) ;
- Shim, Gyu-Sik (Dept. of Emergency Medical Technology, Korea Nazarene University)
- 투고 : 2017.10.19
- 심사 : 2017.12.20
- 발행 : 2017.12.28
본 연구는 소방공무원의 직무스트레스, 감정노동, 회복탄력성이 정신건강에 미치는 영향을 확인하고 이들 변수간의 융합적 관계를 파악함으로써 소방공무원을 위한 정신건강증진프로그램 개발의 이론적 근거를 제공하고자 시도되었다. 연구대상자는 충청남도에서 근무하고 있는 소방공무원 391명으로 설문지를 통해 직무스트레스, 감정노동, 회복탄력성, 정신건강을 측정하였다. 연구결과 소방공무원의 정신건강은 직무스트레스, 감정노동과 정적 상관관계가 있었고, 회복탄력성과 부적 상관관계가 있는 것으로 나타났으며, 정신건강은 직무스트레스(직무불안정, 보상부적절, 직장문화), 감정노동, 회복탄력성에 의해 56.3% 설명되는 것으로 나타났다. 본 연구결과를 바탕으로 소방공무원의 정신건강을 유지 및 증진시키기 위해 회복탄력성을 강화시키고 직무스트레스와 감정노동을 감소시킬 수 있는 다각적인 대책이 마련되어야 할 것이다.
- N. Y. Lee, Y. S. Ha, "Post-traumatic Stress Experienced by Firefighters and Paramedics", Perspectives in Nursing Science, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 83-93. 2012.
- S. D. Cho, J. B. Park, "The Relationship between Depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder among Firefighters", J. of The Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 219-224, 2013.
- S. B. Harvey, J. Milligan-Saville, Paterson, H.M., Harkness, E.L., Marsh, A.M., Dobson, M., Kemp, R. & Bryant, R.A."The mental health of fire-fighters: An examination of the impact of repeated trauma exposure", The Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, Vol. 50, No. 7, pp. 649-658, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1177/0004867415615217
- S. K, Lee, Y. K. Lee, "Empirical Study on the Causes and Results of Job Stress Among Fire Fighters : Focusing on Job Characteristics, Role Confusion, Relationships with Co-Workers and Organizational Commitment", Fire Science and Engineering, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 74-86, 2007.
- Y. S. Moon, "The Level and Job-related Provoking Factors of Firefighters' Stress", The Korean J. of Local Government Studies, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 119-141, 2011.
- T. W. Kim, K. S. Kim, Y. S. Ahn, "Relationship between Job Stress and Depressive Symptoms among Field Firefighters", Annals of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 378-387, 2010.
- J. Y. Lee, J. H. Choi, H. K. Hwang, Y. E. Seo, "The Relationship among Job Stress, Depression, and Suicidal Ideation in Firefighters : Focusing on Mediating Effect of Depression", Anxiety and Mood, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 151-156, 2014.
- S. Cho, S. I. Ryu, M. K. Lee, "A Study on Emotional Labor and Job Satisfaction among Firefighters in Korea", Crisisonomy, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 153-160, 2017.
- O. Sami (2007). Emotional labor of emergency service providers. The John Molson School of Business, MS. thesis, 2007.
- J. Y. Han, A Study on the State of Emotional Labor in 119 Emergency Operators and Reform Measures. Kyonggi University, MS. Thesis, 2014.
- K. S. Joo, "A Study on Emotional Labor and Organizational Commitment among Firefighters in Korea", Crisisonomy, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 45-54, 2017.
- A. S. Kim, "The Relationship of Hospital Employees' Jobstress, Emotionallabor, Resilience and Mental Health", Ajou University, MS. thesis, 2010.
- Polk, L. V. "Toward a middle-range theory of resilience", Advances in Nursing Science, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 1-13, 1997.
- H. C. Choi, "The Effect of the Resilience on Firefighter's Job Stress and Depression Relations", Korean J. of Social Welfare Education, Vol. 23, pp. 69-91, 2013.
- Y. S. Song, "The Relationship Between Fire-fighter's Resilience and PTSD", Fire Science and Engineering, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 119-126, 2017.
- S. H. Ryu, "The Association among Suicidal Ideation, Anxiety Symptoms, and Quality of Life in Firefighters", Korean J. of Psychopharmacology, Vol. 25, pp. 29-35, 2014.
- J. W. Ko, Y. J. Seo, H. Y. Park, "The Effect of Job Stress and Social Support on the Organizational Effectiveness of Hospital Employees", Korean J. of Preventive Medicine, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 295-309, 1996.
- J. R. Lee, K. W. Park, "Job Stress Factors among Firefighters and Their Priority : The Case of Incheon Metropolitan Fire Station", Korean J. of Public Administration, Vol. 49 No. 4, pp. 311-356, 2011.
- A. R. Hochschild, The managed heart: Commercialization of human feeling. Berkley, CA: University of California Press, 1983.
- C. W. Hsieh, Emotional labor in public service roles: A model of dramaturgical and dispositional approaches. The Florida State University, Ph.D. thesis, 2009.
- R. Briner, "Feeling and smiling". Psychologist, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 16-19, 1999.
- H. B. Jang, A Study on the Effect of the Emotional Labor of Civil Servants on the Job Attitude in Public Service Delivery. The University of Seoul, MS. thesis, 2011.
- C. S. Park, J. K. Kim, "The Influence of Emotional Labor at Seoul Management Operations Center on Job Performance : Focusing on the Mediation Effect Social Support", J. of Korea Safety Management & Science, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 13-25, 2015.
- S. J. Jang, Standardization of health statistics and measurement - stress, pp.92-143, Gyechukmunwhasa, 2000.
- S. J. Jang, "Review of Korea's Occupational Stress Measurement Tools (KOSS)-Through Research Results on the Contents and Composition of KOSS-", J. of Korean Society of Occupational Stresss, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 83-96, 2007.
- J. A. Morris, D. C. Feldman, "The Dimension, Antecedents and Consequences of Emotional labor", Academy of Management Review, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 986-1010, 1996. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1996.9704071861
- M. J. Kim, "Effects of the Hotel Employee's Emotional Labor upon the Job - related Attitudes", J. of Tourism Sciences, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 129-141. 1998.
- J. Block, A. M. Kremen, "IQ and Ego-resiliency : Conceptual and Empirical Connections and Separateness", J. of Personality and socialpsychology, Vol. 70, No. 2, pp. 349-361, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1249
- E. O. Lee, N. Y. Lim, H. A. Park, I. S. Lee, J. I. Kim, J. I. B., S. M. Lee, Nursing research and statistical analysis, Soomoonsa. 2009.
- G. H. Kim, J. W. Kim, S. H. Kim, "Influences of Job Stressors on Psychosocial Well-being, Fatigue and Sleep Sufficiency among Firefighters", Korea J. of Environmental Medicine, Vol. 18, No. 3, 232-245, 2006.
- Y. K. Kim, Y. S. Ahn, K. S. Kim, J. H. Yoon, J. H. Roh, "Association between Job Stress and Occupational Injuries among Korean Firefighters: A Nationwide Cross-Sectional Study." BMJ Open, Vol. 6, No. 11, 2016.
- Y. H. Park, Y. M. Park, "A Study on Policy to Relieve Fire-fighting Officers' Occupational Stress -Focused on Satisfaction for Health Camp". Korean Local Government Review, Vol. 15, No. 3, 123-146, 2013.
- S. I. Ryu, J. H. Lee, "The Improvement of the Working Environment for the Fire-Fighting Officers in Industrial Social Welfare Viewpoint", Crisisonomy, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 61-78, 2011.
- E. Y, Yeom, "The Influence of Interpersonal Problems, Emotional Labor on Professional Self-Concept among Clinical Nurses. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society Vol. 18, No. 6 pp. 356-365, 2017.
- K. H. Lee, S. W. Lee, "Concept Analysis of Resilience", The Korean J. of Stress Research, Vol. 13, No.1, pp. 9-18, 2005.
- S. J. Jang, S. B. Ko, D. W. kang, S. A. Kim, M. K. Kang, C. G. Lee, J. J. Jeong, J. J. Cho, M. A. Son, C. H. Chea, J. W. Kim, J. I. Kim, H. S. Kim, S. C. Nho, J. B. Park, J. M. Woo, S. Y. Kim, J. Y. Kim, M. N. Ha, J. S. Park, K. Y. Lee, H. R., Kim, J. O. Kong, I. A. Kim, J. S. Kim, J. H. Kim, S. J. Hyeon, D. K. Son, "Developing an Occupational Stress Scale for Korean Employees", Korean J. of Occupational Environment Medicine, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 297-317, 2005.
- H. C. Jeong, Effect of Job Stress and Alcohol use on Depression in Firefighters. Ajou University, MS. thesis, 2017.
- J. H. Ha, D. I. Kim, B. S. Seo, W. S. Kim, S. H. Yoo, S. K. Kim, "Job Stress and Psychosocial Stress among Firefighters", Korean J. of Occupational Environment Medicine, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 104-111, 2008.
- M. S. Yoon, N. H. Kim, "The Moderating Effect of Client Violence on the Relationship between Emotional Labor and Depression among Social Workers", Human Resource Development, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 187-221, 2016.
- J. P. Sullivan, C. S. O'Brien, L. K. Barger, S. M. W. Rajaratnam, C. A. Czeisler, S. W. Lockley, "Randomized, Prospective Study of the Impact of a Sleep Health Program on Firefighter Injury and Disability", Sleep, Vol. 40, No. 1, 2017.
- P. M. Skeffington, C. S. Rees, T. G. Mazzucchelli, R. T. Kane, "The Primary Prevention of PTSD in Firefighters: Preliminary Results of an RCT with 12-Month Follow-Up", PLoS One, Vol. 11, No. 7, 2016.e0155873. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0155873 https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0155873