- Volume 8 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Influence of College Student' Leadership Behavior Characteristics on Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Moderating Effect of Self-Efficacy
대학생의 리더십 행동 특성이 조직시민행동에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구: 자기효능감의 조절효과
- Kim, Jae-Boong (School of Business, Trade & Social Welfare, Korea National University of Transportation)
- 김재붕 (한국교통대학교 경영.통상.복지학부)
- Received : 2017.10.10
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
This study is one on the effect of leadership behavior characteristics in Korea and China on organizational citizenship behavior by means of moderating effect of self-efficacy. This study conducted analysis using PLS as methodology. This study conducted analysis on the effect of leadership behavior characteristics in Korea and China on organizational citizenship behavior. It was found in both Korea and China that leadership behavior characteristics makes positive influence on organizational citizenship behavior but without moderating effect of self-efficacy. Results of this study could be practically used in educational institutions in charge of leadership training, besides college students, and help seeking for direction to nurture basic attainments on leader's behavior characteristics.
Supported by : Korea National University of Transportation
- Parise JJ. The effect of systematic training in leadership skills on the leadership potential of selected gifted high school students. UMI Dissertation Services. A Bell & Howell Company: Michigan, 1988.
- Sims Jr PR, Lorenzi P. The new leadership paradigm. Sage Publications. Ins: Newbury Park, 1992.
- Baker RW, Siryk B. Measuring academic of motivation of matriculating college freshman. Journal of College Student Personnal. 1984, 25, pp. 459-64.
- Knott JE, Dahler DM. A Structured group program for new students. Journal of College Student Personnel. 1978, 19, pp. 456-61.
- Lee N. The Effect of the Leadership Group-Activity on College Students' Leadership and Self-Esteem. The Korea Journal of Counseling 2005, 6(2), pp. pp. 387-99
- Lee JM, Bae JH, Kim KG. The effect of Job Characteristics, Volunteering Satisfaction and Empowerment on Organizational Citizenship Behavior of undergraduate students. Korean journal of youth studies. 2012, 19(6), pp. 227-248.
- Kim HJ. A Study on Relations among Ethics Management, Organization Citizenship Behavior and Business Performance of Medical Institutions Establishing Medical Tourism. Journal of Industrial Economics and Business. 2012, 25(1), pp. 41-64
- Kang EJ. Volunteer Satisfaction, Trust and Organizational Citizenship Behavior in Volunteer Organizations, Master's thesis, Chungbuk National University, 2005.
- Park EM, Park ST. The Effectiveness of Absorptive Capacity Formation Mechanism on Innovation Performance by Industry. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015, 8(21), pp.1-9.
- Kim JB. The relationship between leadership traits, Team climate and creative behavior of organizational member's : the moderating effect of self-efficacy. Korea Business Review. 2011, 70, pp. 495-522
- Kim JB, Park SH, Kang SD. A Study on the Difference in Leadership Recognition in Korea vs China: Focusing on Questionnaire Survey. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016, 9(26), pp.1-8.
- Organ DW. Organizational citizenship behavior: The good soldier syndrome, Lexington MA: Lexington Books, 1988.
- Lee SK. The Impact of Multi-Form Organizational Commitment on Organizational Citizenship Behavior - The Moderating Role of Self-Efficacy. Korea Service Industry Academy. 2008, 4(2), pp. 1-15.
- Organ DW, Ryan K. A Meta-Analytic Review of Attitudinal and Dispositional Predictors of Organizational Citizenship Behavior. Personnel Psychology. 1995, 48, pp. 775- 802. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1995.tb01781.x
- Somech A, Drach-Zahavy A. Understanding extra-role behavior in schools: the relationships between job satisfaction, sense of efficacy, and teachers' extra-role behavior. Teaching and Teacher Education. 2000, 16, pp. 649-59. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0742-051X(00)00012-3
- Bandura A. Self-efficacy: Toward a unifying theory of behavioral change. Psychological Review. 1977, 84(2), pp. 191-215 https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- Matsui, Tsukamoto. Relation between career self-efficacy measures based on occupational titles and Holland codes and model environments: A methodological contribution. Journal of Vocational Behavior. 1991, 38, pp. 78-91 https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(91)90019-I
- Bandura A. Jourden FJ. Self-regulatory mechanisms governing the impact of social comparison on complex decision making. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. 1991, 60, pp. 941-51. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2061
- Eden D. Pygmalion, goal setting, and expectancy: Compatible ways to raise productivity. Academy of Management Review. 1988, 13, pp. 639-52. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1988.4307530
- Lee JC. The Effects of Leader's Consideration and LMX on Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Perceived Performance Rating. Korea Journal of Business Administration. 2009, 22(5), pp. 2979-98.
- Yang CY, JI SH, Kang YS. Multi-Mediation of Self-efficacy and Learning Goal Orientation in the links Superior's Communication Ability and Innovative Behavior. The Korea Contents Society. 2015, 15(12), pp. 572-85. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.12.572
- Fornell C, Larcker DF. Evaluating Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error. Journal of Marketing Research. 1981, 18(1), pp. 39-50. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Chin WW, Gopal A. Adoption Intention in GSS: Relative Importance of Beliefs. DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems. 1995, 26, pp. 42-64. https://doi.org/10.1145/217278.217285
- Nunnally. Psychometric theory. MacGraw-Hill: New York, 1978.