- Volume 8 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Convergence study of the in-flight meal quality on customer satisfaction, brand image and brand loyalty in airlines
항공사 기내식 서비스품질과 고객만족, 브랜드이미지, 브랜드충성도에 관한 융합연구
- Cho, Kyung-Hee (Division of Airline Service, Dongshin University) ;
- Bae, Hyun-Sook (Division of Airline Service, Chodang University)
- Received : 2017.10.11
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purpose of this study is to analyze the effects of the convergence of the in-flight meal quality, the customer satisfaction, the brand image and brand loyalty. A total of 170 questionnaires were finally used for the 'analysis of factors, analysis of reliance, analysis of corelation and multiple regression analysis.' We found out that the in-flight meal quality came up with the food factor, service factor and cleanliness factor. The results of the study are as follows; First, only the food factor and the service factor positively affected the customer satisfaction. Second, the food factor and the service factor positively affected the brand image. Third, the customer satisfaction positively affected the brand image and the brand loyalty. Lastly, the brand image positively affected the brand loyalty. According to this study, the in-flight meal quality, customer satisfaction, brand image and brand lo oyalty in the airline service are very important factors for a successful marketing strategy.
- C. A. GrOnroos, "Service Quality Model and its Marketing Implications", European J. of Marketing, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp.36-44, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000004784
- S. I. Song, J. E. Jo, "defect of airline perceived service quality on customer on Satisfaction and intention: Focusing on Seoul to Honolulu Flight", J. of Tourism Research, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp.233-246, 2004.
- S. H. Baek, C. B. Choon, I. S. Yang, "The influence of perceived service quality of in-flight meals on in-flight meal satisfaction, airline satisfaction, and repeat patronage", Foodservice Management Society of Korea, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp.264-280, 2008.
- E. H. Kim, In-flight Beverage, Dongju College Publishing, 2000.
- S. T. Kim, "The effects of perceived price and service quality on customer satisfaction, trust, image, behavioral intention in airline", J. of Tourism Management Research, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp.39-62, 2013.
- S. B. Lee, S. H. Lee, E. Y. Lee, "The impacts of airline image and service attitude on customer satisfaction and loyalty", J. of Tourism Research, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp.267-288, 2005.
- M. H. Jung, H. J. Hong, J. M. Park, "Effects of the culture marketing of airlines on brand image, brand equity and brand loyalty", J. of Eventconvention study, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp.105-126, 2013.
- M. Gao, A study on the Effect of In-flight Food Service Quality of Airline on Perceived Value, Customer Satisfaction and Behavior Intention. Woosong University. Master. thesis, 2012.
- J. W. Park, "Investigating the Impacts of Airline Service Quality on Airline Image Formation", The Korea Contents Association, Collection of a Symposium, pp.8-12, 2007.
- E. J. Kim. D. J. Kim, "Study of Structural Relationships between In-flight Food Service Quality, Perceived Value, Customer Satisfaction and Behavior Intention of Airline" J of Entertainment Industry, Spring Conference, pp.121-131, 2013.
- Y. K. Kim, J. H. Park, "A Study on the Relationships Between Low Cost Carriers(LCC), Brand Image, Customer Satisfaction, Switching Barrier and Brand Loyalty", J. of Tourism Research, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp.361-380, 2008.
- A. Chaudhur & M. B. Holbrrok, "The chain of effects from brand trust and brand affects from brand performance: The role of brand loyalty. J of Marketing, 65(2): 81-93. 2001.
- I. S. Park, M. J. Kim. "Impacts of the Quality of In-Flight Meal Service in Major National Airlines on Customer satisfaction and behavior intention", Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp.207-226, 2016.
- Y. J. Yi. "Differences in the Consumer Satisfaction Process Between Goods and Services". J of Marketing, Vol. 8. No, 1. p.101-118. 1997.
- Y. J. Yi, C. L. Lee, The Effects of Customer Satisfaction on Firm's Profitability and Value", J of Marketing Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 85-113, 2006.
- K. H. Cho, " The influences of airline image factors on customer satisfaction, revisit intention, willingness to recommend", Tourism Research, Vol 27, pp.181-199, 2008.
- J. H. Hong, S. Y. Bae, M. S. Kim, "The impact of in-flight food service quality on customer's satisfaction and loyalty", J. of Foodservice Management Research, Vol. 17, No, 4, pp.209-227, 2014.
- K. H. Cho, G. J. Kim, " Interdependent relations among characteristics of customer satisfaction, and brand royalty within domestic airlines", J. of Tourism Research, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp.357-374, 2012.
- M. H. Lee, "A study on the effects of customer participation, customer satisfaction, brand loyalty in airline service encounter", Multicultural Education Review, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp.213-234, 2014.
- J. Jacoby, D. B. Kyner, "Brand loyalty Vs. repeat purchasing behavior", J. of Marketing Research, Vol. 10, pp.1-9, 1973. https://doi.org/10.2307/3149402
- K. M. Kim, B. C. Choi, "Study of structural relationship between in-flight food service quality, perceived value, customer satisfaction and behavior intention of airline", J. of Tourism Research, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp.163-182, 2014.
- H. Barich, P. Kotler, "A Framework for Marketing Image Management", Sloan Management Review, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp.94-104, 1991.
- J. S. Lee, "A Study the On the Impact of Priority of Service Quality Factors on the Customer Satisfaction according to Service Types", J. of Service Management, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp.10-23, 2006.
- J. Y. Park, Impact of the Importance-Satisfaction Disparity of the Quality of In-Flight Food Service on Satisfaction with Service, Sejong University, Masters, thesis, 2007.
- S. I. Son, A study on the effect of in-flight meal service quality of airline in customer's satisfaction, airline brand image and behavior intention, Kyunghee University. Master. thesis, 2017.
- A. Nomani, "Carry -on food really taking off as airlines cut back", The Arizon Republic, D12. January 24, 1999.
- H. J. Kim, J. S. Han, "The Study on the Relationship among Airline Image, Perceived Balue, Customer Satisfaction and Customer Loyalty", Korean Hotel and Tourism Research, Vol. 21, No, 4, pp.53-68, 2012.