- Volume 8 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Program Development for Static Design Factor of Automotive Suspension System
자동차 현가장치의 정적설계인자 계산을 위한 프로그램 개발에 관한 연구
- Kim, Kwang-Suk (Department of Automotive Engineering, Inha Technical College)
- 김광석 (인하공업전문대학 자동차과)
- Received : 2017.10.20
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
In this study, a general program has been developed to calculate the static design factor of a vehicle suspension system. The partial derivatives of Jacobians for constraint equations are calculated using the symbolic technique. In the commercial program, finite difference method is used to calculate the Jacobian matrix of Jacobian. But in this study, it is calculated by using the symbol calculation method to precisely consider it. The calculated Jacobian matrix for the system has proved its accuracy through the solution of the numerical example. A simulation was performed for a double wishbone suspension of a 1/4 vehicle. The result can be used to calculate the static design factor of the suspension, and also add a convergence module that can perform virtual tests.
Supported by : 인하공업전문대학
- Edward J. Haug, "Computer Aided Kinematics and Dynamics of Mechanical Systems", Allyn and Bacon, Boston, 1989.
- P. E. Nikravesh, "Computer-Aided Analysis of Mechanical Systems", Prentice Hall, 1988.
- H. K. Jung, "Vehicle Dynamics Analysis and Chassis Design Using the Functional Suspension Model", Kookmin Univ., Ph.D Thesis, 2004.
- S. S. Kim, H. K. Jung, "Efficient Modeling Method of Suspension for Vehicle Dynamic Simulation", KSAE Spring Conference, 1998.
- J. I. LEE, " Design Method of Automobile Suspension", J. of Korean Soc. of Mechanical Technology, Vol. 6(2), 2004..
- K. W. Ahn, W. S. Sung, W. G. Hwang, "Dynamic Stress Analysis of Cranktrain Using Flexible Multi-Body Dynamic Model", J. of Korean Soc. of Mechanical Technology, Vol. 12(4) 2010.
- S. S. Kim, "Kinemato-Static Analysis of Vehicle Suspension System", Kookmin Univ., 1995
- M. J. Sternemann, "The Evaluation and Development of Static Design Factors for Suspension Analysis", GM Institute, 1980.
- J. S. Majcher, "Analysis of Vehicle Suspensions with Static and Dynamic Computer Simulations", SAE Paper No. 760183, 1976.
- R. W. Allen, etc, "Steady State and Transient Analysis of Ground Vehicle Handling", Systems Technology Inc., SAE paper No. 870495, 1987.
- "Maple User Manual", Maplesoft, a division of Waterloo Maple Inc., 2013.
- S. S. Kim, Y. S. Lee, "Program Development for Analysis of Automotive Suspension System", Mando Corp., 1993.
- K. S. Kim, "The Numerical Method for Quasi-Static Analysis of Mechanical System", J. of Korean Soc. of Mechanical Technology, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 973-979, 2013. https://doi.org/10.17958/ksmt.15.6.201312.973
- J. W. Lee, J. H. Sohn, K. S. Kim, W. S. Yoo, "Construction of System Jacobian in the Equations of Motion Using Velocity Transformation Technique", KSME Vol. 25, No. 12, pp. 1966-1973, 2001.
- H. K. Min, T. O. Tak, J. M. Lee, "Kinematic Design Sensitivity Analysis of Suspension Systems Using Direct Differentiation", SAE No. 97370005