- Volume 8 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Usability Improvement of Camera Application of Galaxy S7
갤럭시S7의 카메라 어플리케이션 사용성 개선에 관한연구
- Yu, Sung-ho (Dept. of Media design, Dongduk Women's University) ;
- Lim, Seong-Taek (Dept. of Media design, Dongduk Women's University)
- Received : 2017.10.31
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
Recently, among smart phone functions, cameras are one of the most popular functions and have become one of the most influential functions for purchasing smartphones. However, the basic camera application of the smart phone has a complicated user environment, which is causing many difficulties for the first time user. In this study, Galaxy S7, which is the newest Galaxy S series among the most used Galaxy S series in Korea, was selected and the usability test of the camera application was limited to shooting and editing sharing functions. As a result, first, improvement of icon graphic and label of text form should be provided at the same time to increase the recognition rate and attention of the icon. Second, it is necessary to simplify the structure and provide an intuitive interface in order to facilitate access to various modes and functions. Third, it is necessary to simplify the provision of personalized customized menus or functions in the development of the camera application because it causes a high failure rate and inconvenience in the special functions which are not widely used.
- Media Research center," Online research of Media consumption" https://www.kpf.or.kr/ (2015)
- H. J. Song, S. S. Yi, "Analysis of Various SNS Text Function -GUI Timeline- User Characteristic - Focus Made on Mobile Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest -", Digital Interaction Design, Journal of Integrated Design Research 13(4), 2014.12, 79-90. https://doi.org/10.21195/jidr.2014.13.4.007
- Contents Division of Macromill Embrain," Trend Monitor 2015" Jisik-Nomad 2014..
- M. Y. Um, "Smartphone Users Characteristics According to Differences between Operating Systems", The Society of Digital Policy & Management, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12. No. 9, 2014..
- G. H. Kim, D. Y. Kwak, "A Study on Design Preference of Basic Application Icons in Smart Phone Home-Screen -Based on Smart-phone Users in 20s-", Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture 20(4), 2014.12, 51-61.
- Jacob Nielsen. "Why You Only Need to Test with 5Users, Jacob Nielsen's Alertbox", 2000. http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20000319.html
- Love, S., Understanding mobile human-computer interaction, New York: Elsevier, 2005.
- W.S. Chang, Y. G. Ji, Usability Evaluation for Smart Phone Augmented Reality Application User Interface, Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 16, No. 1, 2011.
- Chung, E. S. Seung, J. Hwi, A Study on Graphic Design Techniques for UI Design Principles related to Usability - Focusing on 'Simplicity', 'Clarity', 'Consistency'", The Korean Society of Illustration, Journal of The Korean Society of Illustration Research, Vol. 37, No. - 2013.
- S. B. Hwang, "Reserch about Mobile icon's of communication simbol", Korea Design Knowledge Society, Journal of Korea Design Knowledge, Vol. 4, No. .-, 2007.
- Morimoto, K., Kurokawa, T., Takaoka, R., "Design Guidelines of Icon Pictures Based Upon Relationship Between Comprehensibility of Icon Function and Design Factors" 'Pergamon' ANALYSIS DESIGN AND EVALUATION OF MAN MACHINE SYSTEMS, Vol. 7, No. -, 1998.
- S. L. Lee, H. K. Kim, "A Study on Icon Type and Color of Smart Phone", The Korean Society Of Design Culture, JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN SOCIETY DESIGN CULTURE 18(4), 2012. 12, 369-377.
- S. H. Kim, J. Y. Lee, A Study on the Integration Plan for Information Design of Mobile Phones Focused on the Elements of User Experience, Korea Design Knowledge Society, Journal of Korea Design Knowledge, Vol.. 9, 2009. 3, 11-23.
- S. I. Kim, "A Study on Preference for Usability Effects of Mobile GUI Icon", Korean Society of Design Science, Archives of Design Research, 22(1), 2009. 2, 185-195.
- S. L. Kim, S. Z. Kim, "A Study on Application of Icon for Labeling System", Korean Society of Design Science, Journal of korean society of design science. Vol. 46, No. -, 2002.
- Nielsen, J. Heuristic evaluation. Usability Inspection Methods. Edited by Nielsen, J. and Mack, R., NY: John Wiley and Sons. 25-62. 1994.