- Volume 8 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Proposal for Standardization of Label Design on the Sports apparel -based on the visual information design-
스포츠 의류 라벨의 표준화 디자인 제안 -시각 정보디자인을 중심으로-
- Bae, Jeong-Yeon (Dept. of Digital Media Design, Hongik University, International Design School for Advanced Studies) ;
- Kim, Seung-In (Digital Media Design, Hongik University, International Design School for Advanced Studies)
- Received : 2017.08.28
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
This study set the standard for label standardization of foreign sports apparel. Based on the theory of labels, the labels were scanned around the internal T-shirt of sports apparel brands. Based on the plan, 32 young men and women surveyed 32 tentative labels. As a result, The survey revealed that the respondents preferred the information of size, fit, washing symbol mark, and function. Based on these results, the complementary labels were designed for balance, simplicity, coherency, cognitive, and harmonization. The study interviewed 12 men and women in their 20s and 30s. As a result, the subjects indicated that they selected cognitive preference for labels because of the maximum, minimum spacing, and emphasis on information representative.
Sports apparel;Standardization;Label Standardization;Visual Information Design;Cognition
- K. H.. Kim, "A Study on Design Methodology by Consumer-centered Marketing and Change in Design Paradigm", Korea Digital Design Cpuncil, Vol. 15, p. 284, 2007.
- K. H. Kim, design dictionaries, Seoul, Mijin, p. 254, 1994.
- Y. H. Kim, Color and Visual Information, Seoul, Sejin, p. 141, 1996.
- E. Y. Han, Study relationship between Label Brand Design and Typographic Design Based on the Imported Red Wines in Korean Domestic Market, Hanyang university, pp. 11-12, 2004.
- Korea Electric Power Corporation, NCA INV-GER-99037, 1999.
- Explanation and Practice of Industrial Standardization Act, pp. 9-10, 1999.
- Korea Standards Agency, It starts with standardization and wins the competition, pp. 31, 1995.
- http://www. persil.co.kr
- K. O. Jung, "A Design Study of Nike", Journal of Industrial Studies, Vol. 2. No. 1, p. 333, 20 ----
- J. S. Song, P. S. Lee, A Study on Information Visualization Design of Cosmetics Brand Label for Enhaning Brand Communication, Journal of the Korean Society Design Culture, Vol. 17. No. 3, p. 346, 2011.
- K. N. Kim, "A 'Study on 'Convergent Media Art Information Visualization' from the Creative Approach toward and Usability Perspective on Social Issues", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 4, p. 156, 2016.