- Volume 8 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the User Experience of Smartphone Camera Application
스마트 폰 카메라 애플리케이션의 사용자 경험 연구
- Kim, Eung-Cheol (Dept. of Product Design, Hongik University, International Design School for Advanced Studies) ;
- Kim, Seung-In (Digital Media Design, Hongik University, International Design School for Advanced Studies)
- Received : 2017.06.13
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
This study investigates the user experience about the camera application and the operation environment that share the photographed pictures with the SNS in a smartphone user environment which is a necessity of modern people. To do this, 10 task tasks were selected based on 3 aspects such as manipulation, editing, and sharing, and the task execution time was measured after tasks were performed on 8 persons, 4 persons in 20s. Experiments conducted mainly on Samsung Experience 8 and LG UX 6.0, which are representative user interfaces of Android mobile operating system, showed that there are differences in usability between the three interfaces for each interface. In the course of the experiment, all of the subjects mentioned ease of operation and various functions as advantages. However, the complexity of text-based interfaces has been difficult to use because of the variety of functions that can be set up. Future research will be needed to improve the usability of camera applications by user interface.
- I. S. Park, "A Study on the Evaluation Method of SNS's Service Design for Its Improvement", J. of the Korea Design Trend, Vol. 42, pp. 67-78, 2014.
- M. G. Lee, J. W. Park, "An Study on Usability Evaluation of Image based SNS", J. of the Korea Contens Society, Vol. 16, No. 8, pp. 508-516, 2016.
- J. N. Kim, "A Study on Storytelling Structure of Image-Based SNS", J. of the Korea Humanities Content Society, No. 41, pp. 177-192, 2016.
- Y. M. Kang, S. J. Lee, "Factors affecting the adoption of Smartphones: Comparison with Mobilephone Users", J. of the Korean Institute Of Industrial Engineers, pp. 38-45, 2010.
- M. A. Kim, "A Study om the Semiotics Interface Design Evalcation Criteria Based on the Smart Phones", J. of the Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 89-103, 2010.
- W. Song, N. S. Sung, J. H. Kim, "A User-Centric Response Time Analyzer for Improving User Experience of Android Applications", Vol. 21, No. 21, pp. 379-386, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5626/KTCP.2015.21.5.379
- S. H. Song, J. H. Lee, M. J. Park, J. K. Oh, J. D. Cho, "The Usability of the Smartphone Camera Interface by Using One Hand", pp. 89-92, 2014.
- J. W. Park, B. T. Kim, "A Study on characteristics of minimalism that have been applied to the UI design of mobile operating systems", J. of Korea Design Knowledge Society, Vol. 24, pp. 266-673, 2013
- G. W. KIM, "Designing for the Digital Age", Acorn, 2013.
- E. S. Kim, Y. H. Pan, " A Study on Gesture Interaction for Selfie Camera Service", J. of the Korea Gidital Design Council, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 267-276, 2015.
- S. H. Yu, "A Study on the Improvement Plan for Usability of Social Neyworking Services by Smartphone", J. of the Communication Design Council, Vol. 40, pp. 104-115, 2012.