- Volume 8 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Convergence Factors Influencing Sleep Disturbance of Benign Prostate Hyperplasia Patients
전립선비대증 환자의 수면장애 융합적 영향요인
- Ahn, Min-Kweon (Department of Nursing, Jeonbuk Science College)
- 안민권 (전북과학대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2017.08.18
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purpose of this study was to identify factors influencing sleep disturbance among benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) patients in South Korea. A trained reporter filled out the questionnaire by explaining and reading the sentences to 164 BPH patients in J city. The questionnaire consisted of international prostate symptom score (IPSS), anxiety, depression, sleep disturbance. There was a statistically significant difference in sleep disturbance of participants according to income, regular exercise, and number of disease. There were statistically significant correlations between sleep disturbance and IPSS (r=.45, p<.001), anxiety (r=.59, p<.001), depression (r=.42, p<.001). The influential factors for sleep disturbance were anxiety (
Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH);International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS);Anxiety;Depression;Sleep Disturbance;Convergence
- S. J. Hong, "Benign prostatic hyperplasia in community-dwelling elderly in Korea", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 35, pp. 1508-1518, 2005. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.8.1508
- J. K. Kim, J. B. Kim, M. S. Song, "A Study on Physiological Index, Anxiety and Depression by the Severity of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms in Patients with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia", Journal of Korean Biologic Nursing Science, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 127-134, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2016.18.3.127 https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2016.18.3.127
- A. S. Salinas-Sanchez, I. Hernandez-Millan, J. G. Lorenzo-Romero, M. Segura-Martin, C. Fernandez-Olano, & J. A. Virseda-Rodriguez, "Quality of life of patients on the waiting list for benign prostatic hyperplasia surgery", Quality of Life Research, Vol. 10, pp. 543-553, 2005.
- J. K. Donovan, "The Measurement of Symptoms, Quality of Life and Sexual Function", British Journal of Urology International, Vol. 85, No. 1, pp. 10-19, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1464-410X.2000.00010.x https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1464-410X.2000.00010.x
- M. S. Choo, J. H. Ku, C. H. Park, Y. S. Lee, K. S. Lee, J. G. Lee, & W. H. Park, "Prevalence of Nocturia in Korean Populatuion Aged 40 to 89 Years", Neurourology and Urodynamics, Vol. 27, pp. 60-64, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.20458 https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.20458
- J. I. Bae, & J. Y. Kim, "Effects of Physical Diseases Including Nocturia on Sleep Disturbance in the Urban Elderly", The Korean Geriatrics Society, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 104-110, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4235/jkgs.2010.14.2.104
- P. Jennum, "Sleep and Nocturia. British Journal of Urology International", Vol. 90 No. 3, pp. 21-24, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1464-410X.90.s3.6.x
- O. S. Cho, J. I. Kim, Y. M. Kim, "A Study on Sleep Quality and Geriatric Depression in the Elderly between Hospital and Senior Welfare Service Center", Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 33, No. 2, 493-507, 2013.
- J. S. Lee, S. Y. Lee, "Effects of Cognitive Function and Depression on Anxiety in Elderly People-Convergent approach", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 401-408, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.8.401 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.8.401
- N. R. Lee, K. H. Kim, Y. H. Kwak, & Y. J. Kim, "Effects of the symptoms, anxiety, and depression on the quality of sleep of benign prostate hyperplasia patients", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 338-349, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.01.338 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.01.338
- N. S. Seo, S. J. Kang, J. H. Kim, & S. J. Kim, "Relationships between Fatigue, Sleep Disturbance, Stress, Self-efficacy and Depression in Hemodialysis Patients", Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 285-297, 2013.
- Y. L. Kim, "Hemodialysis Patients' Stress, Anxiety, Family Support, Patient Provider Relationship, and Sleep Disturbance", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 2161-2175, 2014.
- S. S. Jun, D. H. Kim, & M. Y. Kim, "Sleep Disturbance in Prostate Cancer Patients", The Journal of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 169-176, 2010.
- H. J. Choi, S. G. Back, "A Study on Depressive disposition by Convergence approach of Leisure History and Family situation in Elderly Women", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 295-302, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.295 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.295
- E. K. Han, "Convergent Study of the Factors Affecting the Quality of Sleep among Elderly Insomnia Patients", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 141-150, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.3.141 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.3.141
- K. S. Coyne, A. I. Wein, A. Tubaro, C. C. Sexton, C. L. Thompson, Z. C. Kopp, & L. P. Aiyer, "The burden of lower urinary tract symptoms: Evaluating the effect of LUTS on health-related quality of life. Anxiety and depression: EpiLUTS", British Journal of Urology International, Vol. 103, No. 3, pp. 4-11, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2009.08371.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2009.08371.x
- H. J. Yu, T. H. Chen, W. C. Chie, C. Y. Liu, T. H. Tung, & S. W. Huang, "Prevalence and associated factors of nocturia among adult residents of the Matsu area of Taiwan", Journal of the Formosan Medical Association, Vol. 104, pp. 444-447, 2005.
- R. Asplund, "Nocturia: consequences for sleep and daytime activities and associated risks", European Urology Supplements, Vol. 3, No. 6, pp. 24-32, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1569-9056(05)80004-1 https://doi.org/10.1016/S1569-9056(05)80004-1
- K. F. Quek, "Factors Affecting Health-related Quality of Life among Patients with Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms", International Journal of Urology, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 1032-1036, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1442-2042.2005.01198.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1442-2042.2005.01198.x
- J. S. Kim, B. N. Moon, "Factors Influencing Health-related Quality of Life in Patients with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 40, No. 2, pp. 287-297, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.2.287 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.2.287
- S. J. Chang, H. O. Ju, Y. S. Song, "Factors Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life of BPH Patients", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 74-81, 2007.
- K. L. Shin, Y. H. Kang, M. K. Shin, "A Study of Prostate Symptom, Sleep Quality and Quality of Life in the Community-Dwelling Korean Elderly", The Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 1041-1054, 2008.
- Y. E. Lee, J. S. Kim, "Convergence study on Effect of Music Therapy in Patients Undergoing Prostatectomy with Spinal Anesthesia", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 97-106, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.8.033 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.1.097
- X. Liu, M. Uchiyama, K. Kim, M. Okawa, K. Shibui, Y. Kudo, Y. Doi, M. Minowa, R. Ogihara, "Sleep loss and daytime sleepiness in the general adult population of Japan", Psychiatry Research, Vol. 93, No. 1, pp. 1-11, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-1781(99)00119-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-1781(99)00119-5